Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
His age is a hindrance, for starters you have a player that won't track back or pressure in the pitch if you want to use it close to his full potential, then, even if he's absurdly fast, he's not that fast nor explosive compared to athletic players on their 20's, and then there's the problem of limiting his minutes, if you have a squad that has shown capable of reaching 100 points like Real Madrid or Juve had, then you can afford to make him coast for periods of the season and to miss 3 or 4 away games with the title clinched, but United are not close to being able to win a league while rotating and with 4 games to spare against City and Liverpool.

There's a lot of absurd hyping with players like Ronaldo and Messi lately, like they've barely noticed aging or that they even became better at the game and that's absurd, none of those two are even close to the level they had 8 years ago, and the gap will only get wider until someday people will point out the obvious, they won't be worth their colossal wages, it can happen tomorrow, in one year or in three, but that's impending doom looming over your team.
Sorry I find this post absurd, then I saw your team allegiances.

Ronaldo is as fit if not fitter than many of our younger players. He could do a great job in the PL for 2 years.

We won’t though because wages are a hindrance

murali_red

He should take a pay cut to 200k, play for 5 years and then player coach and then manager. What would he do with so much money anyway

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Serves them right for stockpiling all the players. Let's hope that nobody buy his players and teach them a lesson.
Yeh. It just feels like there's money laundering involves. This is based on no fact at all.

keithsingleton

Do you know we've had debate over the years who is best? Ronaldo or Messi? I've changed my mind so many times. One min I think Messi and then Ronoaldo based on who had the better season. Now ive come to the conclusion ( and many will disagree ) it's defenitly Ronaldo, and here's why.

Ok we know Messi had has one more ( 6 )Ballon d'or than Ronaldo (5) you could argue during seasons 2009/10/11/12that Messi was the best and somethng that many would agree on.

However, over the last 7 years Ronaldo has won it 4 times compared to Messi 2.

This is the difference for me that make Ronaldo the greatest player in the world, well at least at the moment till things may change Again.

Ronaldo has done it in Spain, Italy, Portugal & England. More importantly he's been a success every club where he's played for, let's not forget he played in some inferior teams when you compare them with messi. He's been successful on the biggest stage of the world in the World Cup.

Where has Messi done. it? Basically only ever played for one club in the world ( Spain ) Barcalona. He's never done it in the world club even though some of that's down to them not having a great side.

It's well advertised the hardest league in the world to win in is the Premier League. He's never played against our boys. Being at Barcalona week in week out he's playing against inferior opposition and surrounded totally buy world class players in Barcalona. No wonder he's scoring all the time with players like that round him. Ronaldo has never had that luxury and always done it the hard way..

No.... For me Ronaldo over the last ten years deserves to be named the greatest player in the world. It's now official

What's your opinion ? Please not word answers and atleast give some minor details please.

Devil81

We took on Zlatan at his age, I'd happily take Ronny on a two year contract.

Imagine how our young players could benefit from his drive and experience.

iHicksy

He should take a pay cut to 200k, play for 5 years and then player coach and then manager. What would he do with so much money anyway
I've read some rubbish in this thread but this takes the cake. Why should he? He's being paid his worth and Juve negotiated the contract. He's not a charity.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Ronaldo has done it in Spain, Italy, Portugal & England. More importantly he's been a success every club where he's played for, let's not forget he played in some inferior teams when you compare them with messi. He's been successful on the biggest stage of the world in the World Cup.
So he went from Portugal to ManUtd, Real, and finally Juve. It's hardly a surprise when you're successful while playing for 3 of the most revered clubs in the world. It's not like he pulled that off with Newcastle, Parma and Celta, you know?
There're cases made to be for both players, but that "Ronnie did it everywhere" point is nonsense.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
It's well advertised the hardest league in the world to win in is the Premier League. He's never played against our boys. Being at Barcalona week in week out he's playing against inferior opposition and surrounded totally buy world class players in Barcalona. No wonder he's scoring all the time with players like that round him. Ronaldo has never had that luxury and always done it the hard way..
Poor Cristiano had to play with players like Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Rio, Vida, Evra... later Modric, X.Alonso, Ramos, Marcelo, Benzema, Di Maria, Kroos etc. It really is hard way for Cristiano having to cope with such average players while Messi had all the best players in the world with him.

As for Messi playing against english clubs: 34 matches-26 goals with 2 hattricks. Cristiano 79 matches- 28 goals with none hattrick. So in twice as many matches against United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham Cristiano managed to score only 2 goals more, but maybe that's because of these poor teams he's played with, hard way and all that.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Do you know we've had debate over the years who is best? Ronaldo or Messi? I've changed my mind so many times. One min I think Messi and then Ronoaldo based on who had the better season. Now ive come to the conclusion ( and many will disagree ) it's defenitly Ronaldo, and here's why.

Ok we know Messi had has one more ( 6 )Ballon d'or than Ronaldo (5) you could argue during seasons 2009/10/11/12that Messi was the best and somethng that many would agree on.

This is the difference for me that make Ronaldo the greatest player in the world, well at least at the moment till things may change Again.

Where has Messi done. it? Basically only ever played for one club in the world ( Spain ) Barcalona. He's never done it in the world club even though some of that's down to them not having a great side.

No.... For me Ronaldo over the last ten years deserves to be named the greatest player in the world. It's now official

What's your opinion ? Please not word answers and atleast give some minor details please.

If the Spanish league is so easy to win, why has Ronaldo only won it twice? Ronaldo's Real had walked the English league multiple times, same as Barcelona in the last 10 years. There's a reason why La Liga was and still is the leader of the UEFA five year rating by a large distance while the EPL occasionally only came third.

That's why it's stupid to rate players on team trophies. This is the modern day equivalent of "can he do it on a cold, rainy night at Stoke?"

If Ronaldo had played his entire career for Athletic Bilbao, he'd still be the same player but wouldn't have won as many trophies. That doesn't make him worse as an individual.

murali_red

I've read some rubbish in this thread but this takes the cake. Why should he? He's being paid his worth and Juve negotiated the contract. He's not a charity.
It's a Muppet dream if you didn't understand

RedorDead21

So he went from Portugal to ManUtd, Real, and finally Juve. It's hardly a surprise when you're successful while playing for 3 of the most revered clubs in the world. It's not like he pulled that off with Newcastle, Parma and Celta, you know?
There're cases made to be for both players, but that "Ronnie did it everywhere" point is nonsense.
But your shearers, le Tissier, Di Canio, mahrez, Payet have lit up lesser clubs so I don’t get the Ronnie couldn’t do it with said clubs either...or do you mean they need to single handedly win trophies with these smaller clubs?

RashyForPM

If the Spanish league is so easy to win, why has Ronaldo only won it twice? Ronaldo's Real had walked the English league multiple times, same as Barcelona in the last 10 years. There's a reason why La Liga was and still is the leader of the UEFA five year rating by a large distance while the EPL occasionally only came third.

That's why it's stupid to rate players on team trophies. This is the modern day equivalent of "can he do it on a cold, rainy night at Stoke?"

If Ronaldo had played his entire career for Athletic Bilbao, he'd still be the same player but wouldn't have won as many trophies. That doesn't make him worse as an individual.
I agree until the last point. Better coaching at megaclubs like us and Madrid have helped him to flourish more than he would have if he played his whole career at Athletic Club. No past or present Bilbao manager bar Bielsa can even compare to some of Ronaldo’s managers like Ancelotti, Mourinho and especially SAF. This is ignoring assistant managers like Queiroz and Faria too.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I agree until the last point. Better coaching at megaclubs like us and Madrid have helped him to flourish more than he would have if he played his whole career at Athletic Club. No past or present Bilbao manager bar Bielsa can even compare to some of Ronaldo’s managers like Ancelotti, Mourinho and especially SAF. This is ignoring assistant managers like Queiroz and Faria too.
That's right of course :)

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Maybe out of recent bias, but I think most forward players would have suffered playing under Mourinho though.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Poor Cristiano had to play with players like Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Rio, Vida, Evra... later Modric, X.Alonso, Ramos, Marcelo, Benzema, Di Maria, Kroos etc. It really is hard way for Cristiano having to cope with such average players while Messi had all the best players in the world with him.

As for Messi playing against english clubs: 34 matches-26 goals with 2 hattricks. Cristiano 79 matches- 28 goals with none hattrick. So in twice as many matches against United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham Cristiano managed to score only 2 goals more, but maybe that's because of these poor teams he's played with, hard way and all that.
Do you include Premier league games in those 79 matches though? I assume you do realize Ronaldo had around 200 games playing as midfield winger in 442 during earlier stage of his career at Man Utd in Premier league league?

RashyForPM

Maybe out of recent bias, but I think most forward players would have suffered playing under Mourinho though.
From 2015 onwards, yes (the current Son is electrifying though). Martial, Hazard, Costa, Pogba, Rashford, Alli and Eriksen all haven’t had the best time of it since.

However, Madrid and Ronaldo had prime Mourinho. Despite Pep’s Barca team being universally regarded as the best of all time, Mourinho wiped the floor with them in 2011-12 and came away with a record points and goals total (something insane like 123).

At one point, Mourinho’s counter-attacking football was sensational. If he was just a defensive manager throughout his whole career, he’d never have won what he’s won.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Do you include Premier league games in those 79 matches though? I assume you do realize Ronaldo had around 200 games playing as midfield winger in 442 during earlier stage of his career at Man Utd in Premier league league?
I've found only his record against aforemenitoned clubs, those Messi also played against.

Exclude then his earlier career, let's say first 3 years in which he was more of traditional winger after which he become focal point of United attack. That's 30 games less (2 fixtures a season against City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham in 3 seasons makes 30 games which we'll overlook with 3 goals less he scored in that period- 1 against Tottenham and 2 against Arsenal) in which he scored 25 goals. So 49 matches - 25 goals, good return but Messi has a better one.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
This is a Ronaldo vs Messi thread?

For what it’s worth, Ronaldo is definitely the better athlete and almost a complete footballer. Messi is more skillful, don’t think Ronaldo would have dropped boateng the way Messi did for example.

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Man when someone calls Ronaldo the perfect footballer, it makes me cringe so bad. He scores and is lethal, gets shit done and that's it. Messi scores and creates at different level to anyone in the world. I don't know how anyone can look past Messi, when they use the term complete player. It doesn't get better than Leo. Portuguese people and delusional supporters may argue, but it's been said basically by every respectable footballer in the world that Messi is the superior player.

beingshe7don

Man when someone calls Ronaldo the perfect footballer, it makes me cringe so bad. He scores and is lethal, gets shit done and that's it. Messi scores and creates at different level to anyone in the world. I don't know how anyone can look past Messi, when they use the term complete player. It doesn't get better than Leo. Portuguese people and delusional supporters may argue, but it's been said basically by every respectable footballer in the world that Messi is the superior player.
This is not a Ronaldo vs Messi thread. Let's just accept the fact that they have different things to offer. Messi is better in some ways whereas Ronaldo does some things even Messi would only dream of doing. Let's leave it at that. Both are complete players in their own right.

MattofManchester

Anything involving either Messi or Ronaldo seems to forever turn into Messi vs Ronaldo or an attempt either of the best players of this generation.

You'd think these are 8 year old conversations yet the sad thing is they're not.

RedStarUnited

What about 2013? - The voting was meant to be done by 15 November. FIFA decides to extend this to 29th November. And crucially, allow whoever voted before to change their votes if they wanted to. Portugal play Sweden in the second of the world cup qualifier - Ronaldos socres a hattrick to send Portugal to the world cup.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I read this interview a few hours back. Applying a possible transfer angle to this is,shall we say,desperate.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
With all the talk of Messi flooding the news, news of Ronaldo moving away from Juventus is non existent.

What's happening on this one? Especially since Juventus seems very keen on Suarez.

Zlatanator

This might sound stupid. Maybe Ronaldo is just keeping tabs on Messi's next move? Messi going to PL is a step up compared to Ronaldo's, so this might have triggered him? Maybe he's ready to take a pay cut and push a move to UTD, cuz he knows just winning the PL would put his name on a different level :devil:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

LAST MOMENT: our sources in Manchester and Porto confirm that Manchester United tempted Cristiano Ronaldo with a return to the club for next season. The Portuguese analyzes it. Juventus would negotiate it if he asks for it.

:eek:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

LAST MOMENT: our sources in Manchester and Porto confirm that Manchester United tempted Cristiano Ronaldo with a return to the club for next season. The Portuguese analyzes it. Juventus would negotiate it if he asks for it.

If he is willing to take a pay cut and we offer him a player/coach role... His disciple,hunger and work rate will be a shining example for our young squad.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Messi and Ronaldo in the Premier League at the same time and the same city would be glorious.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Swap him with Pogba

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What is his actual level these days?

Say he comes to United, are we still talking about an undisputed first pick?

How would United need to adapt to fit him in?

Status
Not open for further replies.