Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Everyone was bought to win something, just because they don't win something doesn't mean they failed.

So Bruno is a failure at united?
Well I'm not really going to blame Ronaldo for Juventus regressing because it's a team game, but Brunu turned us around and we have performed better as a team before we got him. Juventus has regressed with Ronaldo there, but that doesn't mean Ronaldo is to blame.

Gehrman

Is there anyone who's watched Juventus regulary who knows what his overall game like these days?

RUCK4444

He was there to win them the CL really and they've declined significantly whilst he's there instead.
How could they decline due to a player scoring 32 goals.

Dont give me the ‘they are channelling their entire attack through one player’ rubbish. That would be true if the player was Martial levels of rubbish.

Perhaps they should focus on defence or is that Ronnie’s fault as well?

Number32

He was there to win them the CL really and they've declined significantly whilst he's there instead.
You expect a rookie manager like Pirlo to win a Champions League?
Their declined due to bad coaching and man management, how could you blame Ronaldo for Dybala's and Morata's poor performance entire season?

I watched their lost to a bottom 3 Benevento last month, and I can assure you our Moyes was much better than Pirlo (as manager).

Classical Mechanic

Their declined due to bad coaching and man management, how could you blame Ronaldo for Dybala's and Morata's poor performance entire season?

I watched their lost to a bottom 3 Benevento last month, and I can assure you our Moyes was much better than Pirlo (as manager).
He's been there for 3 seasons no? They were a better side before he joined. Legit CL contenders. Now they aren't close. Eliminated at QF by Ajax, R16 by Lyon and R16 by Porto. They're a shadow of what they were. They spent too much on Ronaldo in the false estimation that he could elevate them to a new level.

Last edited:

FattyFooty

I watch Juventus. I'm personally a lot more concerned about Pirlo than Ronaldo.

People are talking about Ronaldo.

To me it's more about Juves wierd manager choices of late.

cyberman

He's been there for 3 seasons no? They were a better side before he joined. Legit CL contenders. Now they aren't close. They spent too much on Ronaldo in the false estimation that he could elevate them to a new level.
Juventus have spent 550m odd in those seasons. Its not a case of spending too much on Ronaldo, its the flops around him.

Number32

He's been there for 3 seasons no? They were a better side before he joined. Legit CL contenders. Now they aren't close. They spent too much on Ronaldo in the false estimation that he could elevate them to a new level.
Yeah.. for 3 different managers. Juve was a CL contender during Allegri's era and they sacked him for no reason. It's required more than a Ronaldo and a Messi to win the Champions League.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Well I'm not really going to blame Ronaldo for Juventus regressing because it's a team game, but Brunu turned us around and we have performed better as a team before we got him. Juventus has regressed with Ronaldo there, but that doesn't mean Ronaldo is to blame.
Bruno turned us around?

Bruno steer us back to the level we should be playing at. That's because we're so abysmal before him. Ronaldo went there and do his job. But somehow he's the one to blame for everything.

I swear united fans have some beefs with ronnie the boy could never do right. Even banging 32 goals at the age of 37 some of you cant even give him his due credit.

Gehrman

Bruno turned us around?

Bruno steer us back to the level we should be playing at. That's because we're so abysmal before him. Ronaldo went there and do his job. But somehow he's the one to blame for everything.

I swear united fans have some beefs with ronnie the boy could never do right. Even banging 32 goals at the age of 37 some of you cant even give him his due credit.
I said Ronaldo isn't to blame. And yeah Bruno pretty much saved Ole's job. I said that Juventus has regressed as a team with Ronaldo there, but I didn't say it was his fault. And he's 36 not 37.

Giggsy13

Juve who are genuinely one of the best in the transfer market have signed some duds the past few years. Their midfield is bang average in comparison to the elite in Europe and even in comparison to ours. Juve are headed in the wrong direction, so Ron will leave. Reports in Italy today suggest PSG are favourites to land him and the move may suit him more than coming back to United.

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

What about Sarri and Allegri? He played under both of them and each season they failed spectacularly in the UCL (Ajax, Lyon and Porto)
His transfer is considered a failure because they went all in with him to the point they were financially fecking themselves

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ronaldo gets criticism because there was this notion around him that he can lift any team up. So him not doing that makes it look like he's not done enough even while being top scorer. He's still one of the best players but it turns out you actually need a good team and/or coach to be successful no matter the player you are. Shocker.

Last edited:

RedDevilzFox

Bruno to Ronaldo comparisons are inane.

No one even know Bruno when United bought him, and his contributions have been immense. No on expected him for us to win anything, but he has helped us make somewhat competitive.

Ronaldo was bought on massive fee and salary at age 33. You don't do that unless you think they will deliver UCL. Is it Ronaldo's fault he could not deliver CL? No. But Juve will say the objective of buying CR failed, and rightly so.

Gehrman

Tbh whether it's Messi or Ronaldo, I think it's naive to expect a 33-36 year old to win you the CL. Unless they are already surrounded by world class players.

matsdf

What about Sarri and Allegri? He played under both of them and each season they failed spectacularly in the UCL (Ajax, Lyon and Porto)
His transfer is considered a failure because they went all in with him to the point they were financially fecking themselves
Barcelona haven't won the CL in 6 years, almost bankrupting themselves paying Messi's high wages. He must also be a failure for a large part of his career too then I guess.

RedDevilzFox

Barcelona haven't won the CL in 6 years, almost bankrupting themselves paying Messi's high wages. He must also be a failure for a large part of his career too then I guess.
Yes, Messi is a failure for barca, except for the 4 UCL and 10 league titles he has already delivered.

matsdf

Messi is resting on his laurels? Tell us more.
My point was the absurdity in saying that Ronaldo is a failure because he hasn't won the CL at Juventus. Messi hasn't won the CL since 2015, so by the same logic his later years must also be a failiure, and Barcelona should have gotten rid of him years ago.

I would agree that Ronaldo hasn't been a success at Juventus, but there is a lot of room between success and failure.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I agree, the project has failed but not the player. To lay blame on an aging forward (who has scored 97 goals in just 120 appearances) at the end of his career is wide of the mark, if not rather harsh. Those are fantastic numbers and I'd lay the blame on the board for sacking Allegri. Juve looked most likely to win the CL under him and Juve hasn't really recovered since his departure.
Best way to put it

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
My point was the absurdity in saying that Ronaldo is a failure because he hasn't won the CL at Juventus. Messi hasn't won the CL since 2015, so by the same logic his later years must also be a failiure, and Barcelona should have gotten rid of him years ago.

I would agree that Ronaldo hasn't been a success at Juventus, but there is a lot of room between success and failure.
Why do you think Juventus signed him? Why buy one of the best players ever? For showing off? They clearly thought they might have a chance at winning the UCL. No idea why you're bringing Messi into the conversation he's literally a god in Barcelona for what he did for the club.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Criticising Ronaldo for Juventus's poor season is ridiculous. Have you not watch how Juve played this season? The problem is Pirlo not Ronaldo.

thepolice123

Their best chance was his first two seasons there, however Sarriball was shite and the whole team never looked like clicking into gear. In hindsight, they would never have beaten Liverpool or Bayern.

Now the ship has sailed.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Papers are going to go crazy on this story. To be fair if he leaves Juve for once United would make sense. The “return” would be appealing financially for both parties and would obviously be a major story. I’m not convinced footballing wise it would be the best move, mainly because I’d question whether he’d have the attitude of someone like Cavani.

Rojow

Ronaldo isn't playing as CF either. I don't want to sacrifice Rashford for him and as i said, he won't come if it's not as a starting player with all the attention for him. He is a prima donna, always has been.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Wow....

Failed at Juve
Holding back Juve

all these while scoring 32 fecking goals in fecking serie A

good lord some of you are so unbelievable
Complete and total gowls on this site, thinking Ronaldo would be remotely fecking close to our bench.

He would bench every single player on the team, easily.

Edit: Also suggesting CR7 is past it because he hasn't won a fecking CL is just pure stupidity.

Edit 2 : Also, suggesting nobody knew Fernandes before he signed for United.... :lol: .

This thread is too funny. Everything is dramatic, hyperbolic and polemic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.