Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He's been there for 3 seasons no? They were a better side before he joined. Legit CL contenders. Now they aren't close. Eliminated at QF by Ajax, R16 by Lyon and R16 by Porto. They're a shadow of what they were. They spent too much on Ronaldo in the false estimation that he could elevate them to a new level.
If you see their games, they coached like garbage under Pirlo and uber defensive before with sarri yet Ronaldo was banging in the goals.

Diabovermelho

He would net at least 20 goals per season for the next 3 years for us, plus that's enough time to develop Greenwood to be our long term starting #9. He'll learn from the best.

Idxomer

Ronaldo isn't playing as CF either. I don't want to sacrifice Rashford for him and as i said, he won't come if it's not as a starting player with all the attention for him. He is a prima donna, always has been.
I bet his heatmaps are very similar to Rashford, you'll need a lot of shuffling about to accommodate him. He'll take a good slice of both Rashford and Bruno's output.

The One and Only

The ship has sailed. He left United just when he was about to hit his peak and gave his best years Madrid. There's no reason for us to bring back this version of him.

spiriticon

I love Ronaldo. He did a lot for us. But we should be looking to the future now.

Yes he'll still score goals but I don't want the other 10 players to play for him.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
People who would say no to Cristiano returning is ludicrous, he will score 20 goals + a season. Get him in for a season or two.

Who's to say we can't get Ronaldo + Kane?

Ronaldo £25M
Kane £120M
Sancho £80M
Rice £40M
Varane - FREE

We'd be right up there for the title and UCL.

mosschopps

I cant see Ole going for this. Its just not in his plans. I think the Glazers will want to make a big statement after the ESL mess. even if its just for one transfer window as a token gesture. I can see us going in for Kane rather than Ronaldo.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
People who would say no to Cristiano returning is ludicrous, he will score 20 goals + a season. Get him in for a season or two.

Ronaldo £25M
Kane £120M
Sancho £80M
Rice £40M
Varane - FREE

...wat?

davidmichael

Ronaldo £25M
Kane £120M
Sancho £80M
Rice £40M
Varane - FREE

I don’t know where to start so I’ll just simply say that’s never going to happen.

Counterfactual

Ronaldo £25M
Kane £120M
Sancho £80M
Rice £40M
Varane - FREE

Pay them with Hungarian luncheon vouchers. Cushty.

Giggsy13

Ronaldo £25M
Kane £120M
Sancho £80M
Rice £40M
Varane - FREE

:lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The ship has sailed. He left United just when he was about to hit his peak and gave his best years Madrid. There's no reason for us to bring back this version of him.
Because he still scores goals despite not being at the peak of his powers?

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
The problem for me is not his quality but his salary. He'd have to take massive pay cut to play here for sure. We just cannot afford to make him out best paid player and revolve all our play around him. We have too many good dynamic players right now. He'd have to accept some sort of player coach role where he plays like 30/60 minutes every other game. Maybe he's thinking about his post playing career and wants to go that way but I personally don't think he does. He could live the rest of his life doing occasional TV appearances and cameos in movies.

Jericho

If the Glazers want to get back in the good books they need to open that cheque book guys.

Over £200M in players....good mix of established experience and young players.
Since when do they care whether or not they’re in the good books?

Rojow

Cavani will sign. We need to look for the future and Ronaldo even with his 20+ goals is not a solution for the coming years, and we need that. A stable team to compete for the next years, not only the next season.

And we are fosusing on reducing our wages cost, he will only increment that.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Oh, look who bailed Juve out again.

Yet he wouldnt get into this team according to a bunch here :lol:.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Ronaldo £25M
Kane £120M
Sancho £80M
Rice £40M
Varane - FREE

This is sectioning type posting. Sectioning to a psychiatric hospital.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well Juventus is shite and maybe no one would care, but Ronaldo is only 1 goal short from scoring 100 goals for Juventus... so perhaps 100+ goals and top 4 finish would a fine parting gift before he left by end of season?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Did you watch the match? He was horrendous for 80min
I agree he didn’t play well but you don’t think that has to do with the fact that this team and coach are literally awful.

Arsenal would most likely beat them over 2 legs and Arsenal is well...arsenal.

RUCK4444

Mad that he’s already about to hit 100 goals for them in what seems like no time at all. At his age.

Outscoring Messi in a league geared towards defending.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Mad that he’s already about to hit 100 goals for them in what seems like no time at all. At his age.

Outscoring Messi in a league geared towards defending.
All of Serie A’s top 6 have scored 60+ goals, only two of Spain’s top 6 have. Defensive Serie A stopped being a thing a long time ago

Rojow

That's not true. Seria A is one of the big leagues with more gols per season.

Defensive was in the 90s early 2000.

RUCK4444

All of Serie A’s top 6 have scored 60+ goals, only two of Spain’s top 6 have. Defensive Serie A stopped being a thing a long time ago
LaLiga need to improve their offence more like, am I right ;)

Also what about Mbappe and Neymar in that farmers league if that’s the case?

Idxomer

Goals scored in Seria A aren't a barometer for anything these days.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
LaLiga need to improve their offence more like, am I right ;)

Also what about Mbappe and Neymar in that farmers league if that’s the case?
What about it?

Serie A is on track to rack up 3+ goals per game in back-to-back seasons for the first time since the 50s. That hasn't happened in Spain, England or France this century. In Serie A in the 70s, most seasons saw less than 2 goals per game. So by all relevant measures, this is a golden period of goals for Serie A. Somehow that seems a little detached from the narrative presented...

RUCK4444

What about it?

Serie A is on track to rack up 3+ goals per game in back-to-back seasons for the first time since the 50s. That hasn't happened in Spain, England or France this century. In Serie A in the 70s, most seasons saw less than 2 goals per game. So by all relevant measures, this is a golden period of goals for Serie A. Somehow that seems a little detached from the narrative presented...
How can you determine between poor(er) defences or better attacking sides?

Listen I know Serie A isn’t as good defensively as it was previously, just pointing out how good his goalscoring record still is for his age.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The longevity of Ronaldo might just be the tie breaker to settle the debate once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.