Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

The only people it wouldn't make sense with are the opposing defenses having to face both of them.
We aren't playing both together unless you are suggesting throwing Cavani on the wing? Because sure as hell Ronaldo will want everything to go through him at the end.

And we aren't playing the diamond before you say it, because Ole has never played it.

Where will Pogba fit in all this?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We aren't playing both together unless you are suggesting throwing Cavani on the wing? Because sure as hell Ronaldo will want everything to go through him at the end.

And we aren't playing the diamond before you say it, because Ole has never played it.

I would like to see Pogba moved on this summer. The funds can be used for new players.

lenny_1248

To be fair he used it couple of times. In his first season against Spurs, and last season aganst Southampton, for example.

Having Ronaldo and Cavani together as +34 years old strikers honestly doesn't make any kind of sense, does it?
I think soon enough people will start understanding more and more that many players can play at the top level way into their mid-30’s.

Cavani finished the season looking our best player, Suarez for Atletico too and Ronaldo just smashed the Serie A golden boot.

IncyWincySpider

I want this squad to be about the future. If CR7 comes back it will be all about him.

Do. Not. Want.

Crustanoid

Have we got a group of imbecilic morons running us who think it’s best to sign some well known footballer who sells shirts at the expense of building a winning team and fixing football related issues?

Oh I see

Kajus

Madrid

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s over between him and us. There’s no return of the prodigal son when the son is washed up and looking for a cushy retirement home. Unless we’re happy to be a mid table side living off nostalgia for the glory days, it makes no sense. Although you can’t rule out the club being happy with that.

We tried to bring him back before and he wasn’t interested. If he’s interested now, it tells any potential suitor all they need to know.

Acquire Me

It’s over between him and us. There’s no return of the prodigal son when the son is washed up and looking for a cushy retirement home. Unless we’re happy to be a mid table side living off nostalgia for the glory days, it makes no sense. Although you can’t rule out the club being happy with that.

We tried to bring him back before and he wasn’t interested. If he’s interested now, it tells any potential suitor all they need to know.
I don't think his ready for a retirement home just yet. Ronaldo is the only player I would welcome even though I don't think he fits our rebuild with younger players.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I think soon enough people will start understanding more and more that many players can play at the top level way into their mid-30’s.

Cavani finished the season looking our best player, Suarez for Atletico too and Ronaldo just smashed the Serie A golden boot.
I know right, baffles me. A large majority even wrote off Cavani when he signed as being a desperate signing & now he’s the CAF’s favo

I want this squad to be about the future. If CR7 comes back it will be all about him.

Do. Not. Want.
….& yet Ronaldo has proven time and time again he’s more of a team player than he’s made out to be. I’d sign him for a couple seasons. Would be great for players l

Have we got a group of imbecilic morons running us who think it’s best to sign some well known footballer who sells shirts at the expense of building a winning team and fixing football related issues?

Oh I see
Oh you think signing a player who is STILL one of the world’s best is a marketing ploy. Well in that case there’s no changing your mind. Guess we won’t sign Kane then, too old and injury

Not true whatsoever. He was gonna come back. Evra confirmed it. Evra has no reason to lie about this either.

Ole has definitely played the diamond before and what on earth has CR7 returning got to do with Pogba? Alright Souness ;)

chicha14

Are you implying Ronaldo would make us a mid-table side?

mu4c_20le

It’s over between him and us. There’s no return of the prodigal son when the son is washed up and looking for a cushy retirement home.
Jesus. If he's washed up, then what does that make Cavani, the guy we are relying on to lead the line next year?

Judas

Open to offers
Would I want Martial and Cavani as our centre forward options next season or Ronaldo and Cavani? I know which two will get us more goals even though they’re old.
Of course on this level it's a no brainer. I think it would be for most. It's the other elements of it that are cause for pause.

ShinjiNinja26

I would take him if it was an icing on the cake type scenario where we’d already secured our priority targets and Ronnie was a bit of a luxury signing at the end just for a bit of star quality and winning experience. Can’t see it happening though after extending Cavani’s deal.

Rojow

He's will be 36 and a half when the next season starts. Some here are not seeing this.

But whatever, if we don't get our targets this summer, i don't have any hope for this season. We lack quality in many areas and bringing back Ronaldo would take a massive cut on our budget for new players.

Valencia Shin Crosses

There are legit concerns that it would be like playing 10 v 11 when you don't have the ball with Ronaldo in your side. He won't lead your press as a striker, he won't win defensive headers or retrieve the ball when he loses it like Cavani and instead stands outside the area trying to get on the counter.

His hard work and putting in the hard yards all happen when he wants to get on the end of a ball to score a goal and as he's grown older, he's gotten more economical about where and when he exerts himself.
I don't understand why people would give a shit about any of these things if their striker bangs in 30-40 goals in a year. And it's not like we are some demon pressing side like 2017 Liverpool, we tend to back off as the game goes along.

Cloud7

It's cringeworthy that United fans think Ronaldo views United as home. Ronaldo's connection to us was Sir Alex, who was a father figure to him. He never viewed the club as his home. Madrid was his home. Guy never even kissed the United badge, which he did many times at Madrid. It's not a knock on his time here which was great, but we really need to let go of this notion that he holds United as any sort of special place.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It's cringeworthy that United fans think Ronaldo views United as home. Ronaldo's connection to us was Sir Alex, who was a father figure to him. He never viewed the club as his home. Madrid was his home. Guy never even kissed the United badge, which he did many times at Madrid. It's not a knock on his time here which was great, but we really need to let go of this notion that he holds United as any sort of special place.
100% this.

Ladron de redcafe

I don't understand why people would give a shit about any of these things if their striker bangs in 30-40 goals in a year. And it's not like we are some demon pressing side like 2017 Liverpool, we tend to back off as the game goes along.
He hasn't scored 40 goals in a season since his Real Madrid days.

Siorac

I don't understand why people would give a shit about any of these things if their striker bangs in 30-40 goals in a year.
Because a striker scoring 30 goals a season is no guarantee of anything. See Dortmund this season, or Spurs at any point in half a decade. It's perfectly possible to have a prolific striker and still be shit, for a number of reasons.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He hasn't scored 40 goals in a season since his Real Madrid days.
40 goals a season is not totally wrong if also count his goals scored for Portugal. But he did score 37 goals last season and 36 goals this season for Juventus, so “30-40 goals a season” description isn’t wrong.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Of course on this level it's a no brainer. I think it would be for most. It's the other elements of it that are cause for pause.
It could be disruptive, or Ronnie’s presence could provide the team with a boost of confidence. Moreover, his work ethic in practice is top level and would push our players to be the best and be accountable.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He's will be 36 and a half when the next season starts. Some here are not seeing this.

But whatever, if we don't get our targets this summer, i don't have any hope for this season. We lack quality in many areas and bringing back Ronaldo would take a massive cut on our budget for new players.
Ronaldo takes very good care of himself and is likely an anomaly similar to Ryan Giggs who played until he was 40, so the age factor doesn't seem like much of a risk.

If he were to return and was our only signing it would be terrible but if we can get him in addition to Sancho, a DM and a CB we'd all be amazed. On a free his wages wouldn't be problematic at all. No one could argue he doesn't merit a high salary and no one in our squad has a CV close to his so they wouldn't have a leg to stand on asking for equivalent wages.

el3mel

Not the age issue. I just don't see how we'll fit both together in one lineup alongside Pogba and Bruno.

Scott - Fred
Bruno
Cavani - Ronaldo - Pogba

This lineup looks pretty unbalanced for me and I think it'll suck on the pitch.

Ladron de redcafe

40 goals a season is not totally wrong if also count his goals scored for Portugal. But he did score 37 goals last season and 36 goals this season for Juventus, so “30-40 goals a season” description isn’t wrong.
Nobody includes international goals when talking about goals scored in a season, and nobody ever has. Nor would international goals against Linchenstein be useful to United. Domestically, he hasn't reached 40 goals since his Madrid days, and the Premier League is a better defensive league than Seria A.

dinostar77

La gazetta dello sport have said that Ronaldo is going to PSG to replace Mbappe whos off to madris this summer (this ties in with him house hunting in madrid and ramos telling all the madrid squad not to accept paycuts just so madris can bring in Mbappe). Also icardi will be going to Juventus to replace Ronaldo.

Hmmm...lets see if this pans out.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Nobody includes international goals when talking about goals scored in a season, and nobody ever has. Nor would international goals against Linchenstein be useful to United. Domestically, he hasn't reached 40 goals since his Madrid days, and the Premier League is a better defensive league than Seria A.
Who else from top 3 league managed to score 40 in recent years anyway? There’s none, not even Messi or Kane who are both younger than him. Point being, he did score very close to 40 in a defensive team over past 2 season, and has the best record in top 3 league over past 2 seasons too (73 goals in 90 games). If he plays in more open/attacking side in England he could even score more. Afterall, there are players who score lot more in PL than in Serie A too in recent years (Salah, Bruno). What makes you think Ronaldo, who is currently still among the very best and most consistence goalscorer in Europe, would be worse than them?

Last edited:

redshaw

PSG sounds a lot more credible. I expect him to try and get a league title in a fourth country and they have been to the later stages of the CL a few times recently.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Its a moot discussion. He would be too expensive wage-wise and also, Ole would have to change the way his team plays, just to accommodate an ageing Ronaldo. Besides, we already have an ageing vet to help steer the team in Cavani.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
PSG sounds a lot more credible. I expect him to try and get a league title in a fourth country and they have been to the later stages of the CL a few times recently.
Agree. I would choose PSG if I were him, especially at this stage of his.career:

- one of the very few teams who could afford his wage,
- chance of trophy every season,
- easier to score more goals to break more records,
- new country/league where he never conquered before, so that might add more to his legacy
- still a relevant top team in Europe, chance of winning CL
- easier league for him to play at retiring age
- beautiful city to live in
- they just loss title this season, so if he helps them win title again (not that it’s difficult), at least he could shut the mouth from some of his critics (or perhaps not)

Or he could still stay at Juventus as Allegri is back and he could have one last shot for CL (the only trophy he had not won in Juventus) and another league title next season, but I still think PSG makes more sense for him as they are playing a more open attacking football which suits his game more.

Last edited:

Rojow

Sure, France is a good option for his stats. Winning the League in 4 countries sounds good.

SATA

Yes please Cristiano, go to PSG. You left us at your peak, don’t come running back to us when you are 36 and in need of a club

Ladron de redcafe

Who else from top 3 league managed to score 40 in recent years anyway? There’s none, not even Messi or Kane who are both younger than him. Point being, he did score very close to 40 in a defensive team over past 2 season, and has the best record in top 3 league over past 2 seasons too (73 goals in 90 games). If he plays in more open/attacking side in England he could even score more. Afterall, there are players who score lot more in PL than in Serie A too in recent years (Salah, Bruno). What makes you think Ronaldo, who is currently still among the very best and most consistence goalscorer in Europe, would be worse than them?
I'm not sure what that has to do with my post. The individual I responded to claimed that Ronaldo can get 30-40 goals. I merely pointed out that he hasn't gotten 40 goals in a season since his Real Madrid days.

That doesn't mean that he isn't a great scorer. Messi, is a better scorer, as a matter of fact. But that has nothing to do with the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.