Croatia or England

Hammerfell

We don't like playing with teams who defend whole match. With england it will be different story. Just need to defend fecking corners ffs. We are awful in that.
Also big part will be ref. Sterling and kanes diving scare me a lot.
Then I've got some bad news for you.

Dante

Average bang
England are strong inmidfield. The Croatia love is hipster bullshit of the highest order.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Croatia haven't been impressive at all. Comfortable 2-0 to England.

marktan

Think it'll be a tough 50/50 game. Good test for us as we've yet to face a team with a truly strong midfield.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Croatia needs to go back to 4-3-3, need extra player to do more running for Modric and Rakitic. They have plenty of options on the bench.

Anyone suspended for them?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
England are strong inmidfield. The Croatia love is hipster bullshit of the highest order.
England play one recognised midfielder, Jordan Henderson. The next in line is Eric Dier. How on earth is that strong?

Schneckerl

Croatia's performance in the knockouts were garbage. England will win this without breaking a sweat, just like against Sweden.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What can i say, there is a justice afterall :lol:

Nick7

Pretty Amazing all things considered how good Croatia are given they have a population lower than Ireland.

Robbie Boy

The only ‘hipster’ love is for the likes of Maguire and Southgate. Bet you’re devestated your boy Welbz can’t get near the starting eleven. Go Croatia :)

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Croatia form has been going downhill game by game. England will win.

Walters_19_MuFc

Croatia haven't really impressed me apart from the Argentina game.

They were pretty disappointing against Denmark, and again today against Russia.

As an England fan, I'm pretty confident that we'll win.

That said, Croatia have got their threats and fully expect them to be up for it on Wednesday.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Croatia needs to go back to 4-3-3, need extra player to do more running for Modric and Rakitic. They have plenty of options on the bench.

Anyone suspended for them?
Agree with this point, England will provide a greater attacking threat than Russia/Denmark but they have weaknesses at the back.

Skills

Snitch
Croatia will be knackered and they've made a tits up of two games that they were favourites for.

England win this in 90 minutes.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Well considering England had a relaxing training session match against Sweden and Croatia went to war today... there should only be one winner in 3/4 days.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting. Not sure what Delic will be thinking but given midfield is your strongest area I'd personally flood the midfield so Modric and Rakitic have to do little running as possible and maybe play Perisic in free role off Mandzukic.

Have Rebic and Kramaric as fresh second half subs.

Revan

Assumptionman
Croatia has been dogshit in the last two matches, so I think that England might be slight favorites here. At the other hand, I think that Croatia should play better against a team which is willing to go toe to toe instead of more defensive teams. I hope it is going to be a good match.

Robbie Boy

Croatia has been dogshit in the last two matches, so I think that England might be slight favorites here. At the other hand, I think that Croatia should play better against a team which is willing to go toe to toe instead of more defensive teams. I hope it is going to be a good match.
England really haven’t been much better.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Interesting. Not sure what Delic will be thinking but given midfield is your strongest area I'd personally flood the midfield so Modric and Rakitic have to do little running as possible and maybe play Perisic in free role off Mandzukic.

Have Rebic and Kramaric as fresh second half subs.
We will play with our strongest formation. 433. Brozovic rakitic modric- rebic perisic mandukic. Problem is defence. Vrsaljko is injured. So we will break or central pair and move vida on right and corluka who is fantastic defender but slow as feck to pair with lovren

Revan

Assumptionman
England really haven’t been much better.
They have. They were the better team against Colombia in the entire match bar the final 10 mins of regular time, and the first 15 minutes of extra time, and they were much better than Sweden. Colombia IMO are better than both teams Croatia defeated in pens, while Sweden in a similar level.

A week ago I would have had Croatia as heavy favorites, but after those 2 performances, no way. At the same time, you never know these things. We saw Belgium barely surviving Japan and then eliminating Brazil, so it all depends what teams show. If they're both at their best, I would say Croatia but they have been extremely inconsistent in this world cup, while England has been one of the most consistent teams. On other words, Croatia's ceiling is higher, but England's average is higher than Croatia's average.

pjaya

England will win hands down

Croatia can’t defend against England set piece

CA1

I think Croatia will beat us sadly.

The first goal is key for England. I don't see how Modric, Rakitic, Brozovic and Kovacic don't pass our midfield off the park to be honest. We can hurt them with quick balls in behind and with set pieces but if we go a goal down they will control it and will be difficult for us to catch them out.

Robbie Boy

They have. They were the better team against Colombia in the entire match bar the final 10 mins of regular time, and the first 15 minutes of extra time, and they were much better than Sweden. Colombia IMO are better than both teams Croatia defeated in pens, while Sweden in a similar level.

A week ago I would have had Croatia as heavy favorites, but after those 2 performances, no way. At the same time, you never know these things. We saw Belgium barely surviving Japan and then eliminating Brazil, so it all depends what teams show. If they're both at their best, I would say Croatia but they have been extremely inconsistent in this world cup, while England has been one of the most consistent teams. On other words, Croatia's ceiling is higher, but England's average is higher than Croatia's average.
I agree Croatia looked a-lot better early on but England haven’t been remotely impressive. That Sweden side is piss poor and Colombia were missing James.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Normally I'd have Croatia as favourites as they're strong where England are weakest, in midfield.

However, they've played a lot of football and are bound to be more tired than England. I read a stat on twitter earlier that something like 75% of teams who win a penalty shoot out lose their next game, presumambly because of tiredness?

50/50 game imo.
Also because that sample selects teams that weren't good enough to win in 90 minutes against teams who were.
I'm a big proponent of this stat, and that they usually lose the next match in 120 minutes. It's really interesting to watch in practice.

2014 - Costa Rica beat Greece on pens. Then the Netherlands beat Costa Rica on pens. Then Argentina beat Netherlands on pens. The Germany beat Argentina a.e.t

2010 - Ghana beat USA on pens. Then lost to Uruguay on pens. Who lost to Netherlands in 90 minutes.

2006 - Argentina beat mexico a.e.t. Then lost to Germany on pens. Who lost to Italy a.e.t. Who beat France a.e.t (who had ten men).

2002 - Senegal beat Sweden a.e.t. Then lost to Turkey a.e.t. Who lost to Brazil in 90 minutes.

Doesn't always work like that but going to extra time seems to increase likelihood of the next match going to extra time and of that team losing.

izec

They will turn up against England. They play better against big sides. They will win, they have another gear in them and the Argentina game shows that they can turn up in big games. England playing offensively will help them massively

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
England will win this easily, I see a comfortable win too