Kick-off
Thu, 16 July 2020 @ 8:15pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

eire-red

It was more the constant pressure as they pushed you futher and futher back. It told in the end.
    Southampton do that really well, very aggressive. With a bit more creativity and cutting edge they could become a solid Top 10 team next season.

Redmond and Bertrand are quality on the left wing too. We were always going to crack under that pressure, especially when Williams went off. It's been our MO these last few years.

Smithy89

Ayew will score, Martial will score and someone will get a penalty. About the only predictions i have.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    If Mason is out I'd be tempted to go with Ighalo
    Absolutely, isn't that why he was brought in, to relieve players?

He'd give Palace something different to think about, he's a poacher,strong,holds the ball up,brings in others and has good close control in the box.

youngrell

Absolutely, isn't that why he was brought in, to relieve players?

He'd give Palace something different to think about, he's a poacher,strong,holds the ball up,brings in others and has good close control in the box.
    He's not really had opportunity to play with Martial and Rashford either. Could be a nice little link up for us.

Inigo Montoya

He's not really had opportunity to play with Martial and Rashford either. Could be a nice little link up for us.
    I just think back to the game he had against LASK; that goal:drool:

Isn't his stat that we've always won when starting?

joedirt87

I would probably start Igahlo as well with Martial and Rashford on the wings. Leaves United with very little scoring ability on the bench in the event they are tied or behind, but I would rather go with the strongest starting side as possible.

Paul_Scholes18

We need to bloody win this. We can't trust Leicester to mess it up even if they probably will do in one game before us.
    This is going down to the last game I think. Fear a draw for us tonight.

Strelok

We'll definitely win this trust me.
    Just finished dinner and smoked my w***

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
    Mctominay Pogba
    James Bruno Rashford
    Martial

Even if Greenwood wasn't injured I think I'd prefer James due to his defensive work
    Sorry mate, I can’t let that one go.
    Maybe you’re on the WUM but we have a teenage superstar on the scoring rampage lately and you’d drop him against Crystal Palace because his inferior replacement would do a better defensive job?
    You’re either having a laugh or you’ve been at the gargle since early this morning.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    DDG
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
    Mctominay Pogba
    James Bruno Rashford
    Martial

Even if Greenwood wasn't injured I think I'd prefer James due to his defensive work
    Greenwood's defensive game has arguably improved even more than his attacking credentials over lockdown!

Smithy89

Have a feeling he'll go with Scott, Fred and Bruno as the midfield 3 tonight.

-Supreme-

If Mason is out I'd be tempted to go with Ighalo
    I wouldn't as both Rashford and Martial would have to switch positions which isn't ideal.

I'd play James there, he can combat the pace of Palace's left flank against van Aanholt and Zaha.

Giggsy13

Can’t believe the pessimism. We have an excellent record at Selhurst Park. No supporters, so Palace’s advantage of having that loud and crazy support isn’t there. Palace have nothing to play for, they’re out of contention for European places and are safe from relegation. We really should be sticking it to them. I’m predicting a 4-1 win - Rashford x 2, Pogba, Bruno

Inigo Montoya

Can’t believe the pessimism. We have an excellent record at Selhurst Park. No supporters, so Palace’s advantage of having that loud and crazy support isn’t there. Palace have nothing to play for, they’re out of contention for European places and are safe from relegation. We really should be sticking it to them. I’m predicting a 4-1 win - Rashford x 2, Pogba, Bruno
    And yet, Zaha is going to play a blinder and they are going to show up....:rolleyes:

Deery

Dreary
    Not feeling confident about this one at all Palace have been crap lately so no doubt they will give the performance of the season tonight, could see them being hard to break down and catch us with a goal against the run of play.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    We need to score first. We can’t afford to be going 1-0 down again.

Siorac

Sorry mate, I can’t let that one go.
    Maybe you’re on the WUM but we have a teenage superstar on the scoring rampage lately and you’d drop him against Crystal Palace because his inferior replacement would do a better defensive job?
    You’re either having a laugh or you’ve been at the gargle since early this morning.
    I blame Park for this.

No, really, the whole "judging attackers on their defensive contribution" thing started with him. Our fans became obsessed with the idea that the team always needs at least one attacker who is primarily there to defend.

Squeaky Bumtime

Just start strongly. In the last 2, 3 games we started slowly and in the last game it cost us. Well conceding a late, late goal doesnt mean slow start cost us but if we start strongly and score 2, 3 goals we kill the game early and dont worry about the last few minutes like vs Southampton.
    We have the quality to beat them and we should go into this one with a lot of confidence, they're not in a good form and have nothing to play for.
    Despite all that it will be tricky, I hope our accumulated fatigue wont cost us too.

Fred or McT should start instead of Matić. I hope Mason is ok, if not surely Ighalo should start. One of Shaw or Williams is hopefully fit.

In any case I'm calm now but I'll sure be bricking it at about 8 PM tonight. :)

Havak

Pokemon master
    This game worries me. I often think Selhurst Park is a bogey ground for us but we actually have a very good record there do we not?
    We haven't lost there since 1991. Something like 14 games in all competitions. They have beaten us two other times in that 29-30 year stretch and both of those were at Old Trafford (one was in the League Cup where we played a weakened side and the other was this season when we were shite).

They've lost their last five games in a row, failing to score in four of those games and managing two goals against Chelsea where they still lost. Also conceded 13 goals in those five matches while being the only team that Aston Villa has beaten in a million years. It would be an absolute calamity of a result if we somehow do not at least win this game by a goal.

Incoming Palace 1-0 United...

But nah. I think we will batter them tonight. Ruthless 0-5 victory.

Inigo Montoya

This game worries me. I often think Selhurst Park is a bogey ground for us but we actually have a very good record there do we not?
    If you take what the fans on here say literally, every team is a bogey team. Woy is a good organiser but they have key people missing.
    We may too but our squad is better

always_hoping

That nervous excitement one would feel before a cup final is starting to kick in. Hopefully the lads are more determined than ever to make up for those two dropped points on Monday by winning tonight.

lex talionis

Coming off dropped points, facing an opponent in dire form with nothing to play for, and us fighting for a CL spot.

3 points will be added to our tally by the time dessert will be served.

adamwest

Not at all confident here people - maybe that'll change between now and 8:15 !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 333 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw