Kick-off
Wed, 3 March 2021 @ 8:15pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mickson

They are one of the worst teams in the league and have been incredibly lucky this season. They will go down no doubt next season if nothing drastic is happening. If we don't win this, we are screwed. They are without Zaha and have no attacking threat. We should play really attacking, play Bailly at the back and let him win the ball early.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    They are one of the worst teams in the league and have been incredibly lucky this season. They will go down no doubt next season if nothing drastic is happening. If we don't win this, we are screwed. They are without Zaha and have no attacking threat. We should play really attacking, play Bailly at the back and let him win the ball early.
    Can't disagree with any of this. We should have beaten aChelsea side with higher class players so if we go in here with an overly cautious approach it'll be....well, you can fill in the rest

PaulRich

Hugely important game against a poor team where 3 points are vital - a team with title or top 4 cojones will absolutely murder these men and we haven't managed to put a result in against the bottom feeders too often this season. We need to show up for this one, we've used all of our passes up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff
    I really hope we batter them. They're in terrible form and we need revenge for the opening day.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Expect Matic to start, and would like Donny to get a good run out too.

We really need players beyond Rashford and Bruno contributing goals to the cause - namely Martial and Greenwood. Hopefully one or both will find some goal scoring form here.

Expecting an unspectacular win, which would be fine.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
    I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
    Cavani would be a better comparison.

This season

Zaha 9 goals 2 assists
    Cavani 7 goals 2 assists
    No. Zaha is easily Crystal palace's best player just like Bruno is for us. That's is why they both have the most man of the match awards for both teams.
    Zaha being out for them is like Bruno being out for us. Best players for both teams.

AgentSmith

No. Zaha is easily Crystal palace's best player just like Bruno is for us. That's is why they both have the most man of the match awards for both teams.
    Zaha being out for them is like Bruno being out for us. Best players for both teams.
    Bruno - 15 goals / 10 assists
    Zaha - 9 goals / 2 assists

We’ve scored 53 times in the league this season meaning Bruno has contributed to 47% of our goals.

Palace have scored 29 times in the league this season meaning Zaha has contributed to 38% of their goals, despite having played 7 less games than Bruno.

He’s vital for Palace and the system they use. Just like Bruno is for us.

tomaldinho1

This lot have had 50 shots against them in their last two matches, and managed only 8 of their own. Their last two games were against Brighton and Fulham. Somehow they have managed to get 4 points from those two games. Crazy stuff.
    :lol:
    Genuinely amazed how bad that shots stat is, if we played two back to back 9-0 Southampton games we'd still have less than that & they had 10 men.

Robbie Boy

:lol:
    Genuinely amazed how bad that shots stat is, if we played two back to back 9-0 Southampton games we'd still have less than that & they had 10 men.
    It's insane. Must be a record a team conceding that many shots over 2 games and coming away with 4 points!

Gandalf

It's insane. Must be a record a team conceding that many shots over 2 games and coming away with 4 points!
    I watched the game against Brighton and smash and grab does not even begin to describe it. Brighton battered them for 90 minutes and should have had 6 or 7. Palace scored with their first and only shot on target of the first half, had one other badly off target effort in the second half and then managed a second shot on target in the fifth minute of injury time from Benteke that won the game. Brighton had 25 shots and 75% possession, Graham Potter has some serious bad mojo hanging over him.

Inigo Montoya

I watched the game against Brighton and smash and grab does not even begin to describe it. Brighton battered them for 90 minutes and should have had 6 or 7. Palace scored with their first and only shot on target of the first half, had one other badly off target effort in the second half and then managed a second shot on target in the fifth minute of injury time from Benteke that won the game. Brighton had 25 shots and 75% possession, Graham Potter has some serious bad mojo hanging over him.

it's called 'lack of striker,' mojo

Brightonian

Cavani is travelling.
    Thank christ. He's the difference between the really strong run of games we put together to get to first place and the stumbling performances we've produced recently. It's not just about his own performances, but the way he makes the rest of the team make sense. Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood et al all look hugely more useful with Cavani on the pitch.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
    Thank christ. He's the difference between the really strong run of games we put together to get to first place and the stumbling performances we've produced recently. It's not just about his own performances, but the way he makes the rest of the team make sense. Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood et al all look hugely more useful with Cavani on the pitch.
    His movement and threat opens up space for our other players. Hope he starts.

Robbie Boy

Aye, I saw some of the Brighton match and they were just hopeless in front of goal. An actual number 9 would have had them at least a-few places up the table. But feck me, Palace have been atrocious the last two and let's hope they gift us 20 odd shots.

Inigo Montoya

His movement and threat opens up space for our other players. Hope he starts.
    Let’s hope he can move and open up space then. It’s not that that worries me most: poor decision making and poor passing. If that continues it won’t matter who’s up top

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
    Let’s hope he can move and open up space then. It’s not that that worries me most: poor decision making and poor passing. If that continues it won’t matter who’s up top
    To be fair a lot of our passing only looks poor because space is tight and that makes interceptions easier for defenders. With more space some of those passes should have a better chance of coming off.

Inigo Montoya

To be fair a lot of our passing only looks poor because space is tight and that makes interceptions easier for defenders. With more space some of those passes should have a better chance of coming off.
    In some instances yes but at Chelsea there were some inexplicably bad passes.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
    I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
    Like in our 1-1 draw with West Brom..

Fitchett

Referee: Andre Marriner. Assistants: Scott Ledger, Marc Perry. Fourth official: Kevin Friend. VAR: Mike Dean. Assistant VAR: Stephen Child.

We're fecked
    We're fecked no matter which set of officials are in charge. The only PL referee who I feel doesn't shaft us is Anthony Taylor. The rest of them are a bunch of cheats.

VivaRonaldo85

These are poor and we must be winning this game. No excuses. They are the epitome of a team that finishes about 14th every season.

De Gea

AWB
    Bailly
    Maguire
    Shaw

Matic
    Fred

Greenwood
    Bruno
    Rashford

Cavani

0-2 win

Dve

I think we can afford some rotation for this game and keep Fred, McTominay and Shaw fresh for Sunday.

.................... De Gea

Bissaka - Bailly - Maguire - Telles

............. Becky - Matic

.............. Fernandes

Greenwood - Cavani - Rashford

croadyman

God I still feel so sick we are going into this game so many behind, bloody Everton & WBA results are proper haunting us. Sheff Utd was an utter shocker however we needed to recover from it straight away but instead let it affect us for the next few games which has proved costly

Last edited:

Foxbatt

God I still feel so sick we are going into this game so many behind, bloody Everton & WBA results are proper haunting us. Sheff Utd was an utter shocker however we needed to recover from it straight away but instead let it affect us for the next few games which has proved costly
    Out of 9 points we got two. Then we drew against WestHam too. That's 11 points

Manoucha09

Referee: Andre Marriner. Assistants: Scott Ledger, Marc Perry. Fourth official: Kevin Friend. VAR: Mike Dean. Assistant VAR: Stephen Child.

We're fecked
    That really does look grim :nervous:

They'll have Ole and Shaw's post-match comments on their mind; the comments will have the reverse effect.

Member 90887

We need Cavani. the attack have been shit without him.

It just highlights how much we need a striker next year. An injury to Cavani and we're misfiring.

Martial is rotation at best in his current form. He never convinced in the CF position anyway and this year confirmed that he is not fit to be our main man in attack.

Adcuth

I think we can afford some rotation for this game and keep Fred, McTominay and Shaw fresh for Sunday.

.................... De Gea

Bissaka - Bailly - Maguire - Telles

............. Becky - Matic

.............. Fernandes

Greenwood - Cavani - Rashford
    Who the fecks Becky?

Bristol_Red_87

Out of 9 points we got two. Then we drew against WestHam too. That's 11 points
    Mid-week sesh was it? :houllier:

This will be another laborious watch i fear with one goal either way winning it.

Absolutely imperative we get Cavani back in tonight.

AaronRedDevil

Thank God this is on tonight. Need something good after a procedure in the hospital :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Dean Henderson image Dean Henderson 53% of 238 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 248 ratings.

Score Predictions