Wed, 3 March 2021 @ 8:15pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
    I’ve missed Palace’s matches recently so not sure how they’re playing but they have been scoring goals and have a big strong forward line this could be a disaster match for us. I’d sure up the defence and play Maguire - Bailly if he’s fit and have two defensive mids in Fred-McTominay or Fred-Matic.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    Yes Roy made a huge point about this match being moved forward so Zaha couldn't make it. In addition Sakho, McArthur, Hennissey, Schlupp, Tomkins and Clyne are all out - and Benteke just back from injury, so there really is no room for Palace to rotate.
    So Woy is unhappy because he's got those injuries and the match has been moved forward.

I don't recall him being unhappy when we had to play our home game against them without barely doing our pre season training !!!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    So Woy is unhappy because he's got those injuries and the match has been moved forward.

I don't recall him being unhappy when we had to play our home game against them without barely doing our pre season training !!!
    TBF to the guy, he's a hell of lot more philosophical about things. He said that he didn't think a pen should have been awarded against Lindelhof in the 1st game and has frequently criticised ridiculous decisions.Unlike some around, he's a lot more interesting and likeable

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
    I’ve missed Palace’s matches recently so not sure how they’re playing but they have been scoring goals and have a big strong forward line this could be a disaster match for us. I’d sure up the defence and play Maguire - Bailly if he’s fit and have two defensive mids in Fred-McTominay or Fred-Matic.
    Eh? They have only scored 7 goals in their last 10 matches and failed to score in 6 of them!

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    TBF to the guy, he's a hell of lot more philosophical about things. He said that he didn't think a pen should have been awarded against Lindelhof in the 1st game and has frequently criticised ridiculous decisions.Unlike some around, he's a lot more interesting and likeable
    Oh yes i do understand that and i feel that he's a very likeable guy unlike some other shite managers but we all have been plagued with injuries one time or another and have had to play our matches with those still standing.

Deery

Dreary
    Eh? They have only scored 7 goals in their last 10 matches and failed to score in 6 of them!
    Hasn’t Benteke and this new lad gotten on the score sheet recently?

I know their goals from midfield are dry this season so expect then to launch balls in on top of our defence with their big strong forwards.

But as I said I haven’t seen them recently.

Bondi77

I have a feeling that Mason is going to star in this game and we will take all the points.

Inigo Montoya

Hasn’t Benteke and this new lad gotten on the score sheet recently?

I know their goals from midfield are dry this season so expect then to launch balls in on top of our defence with their big strong forwards.

But as I said I haven’t seen them recently.
    Benteke scored his annual worldie against Brighton, hope that was the end of that :lol:

Inigo Montoya

I have a feeling that Mason is going to star in this game and we will take all the points.
    He is the one I'd most like to score,he's been so close where last season they were going in. Chelsea was aprime example, he had a fantastic left footer curling into the top bin but went cms wide. You know last season that was busting the net

A-man

My guess is

Henderson
    AWB- Bailly- Maguire -Telles
    Fred-Matic
    Bruno
    Greenwood -Martial-Rashford

then sub AWB, Feed and Rashford

I would like to start Cavani but don’t think he’s ready for a start yet.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Hope we go Rashford/Martial/Greenwood from the start. We don't need James in this one, save him for city.

A-man

My guess is

Henderson
    AWB- Bailly- Maguire -Telles
    Fred-Matic
    Bruno
    Greenwood -Martial-Rashford

then sub AWB, Feed and Rashford
    Would like to rest Rashford but dont know if Cavani is up for a start yet.

Adcuth

These will sit back id think so no need for 2 DMs. Need passing and movement. James pressing is an asset I think and it allows Greenwood more time up top.

De Gea​

AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw​

Donny Matic​

James Bruno Rashford​

Greenwood​

Giggsy13

Palace are a missing a load of key players, so it’s only appropriate then that we’ll bottle it.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
    Feyenoord
    These will sit back id think so no need for 2 DMs. Need passing and movement. James pressing is an asset I think and it allows Greenwood more time up top.

De Gea​

AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw​

Donny Matic​

James Bruno Rashford​

Greenwood​
    Perfect line up. Normally I'd give Mata a shout, but with LB Van Aanholt being a pace merchant, James tracking back on the counter is a huge asset as well. James did surprisingly well in the Newcastle game where people predicted he wouldn't do much vs teams that sit back.

Thank God this is on tonight. Need something good after a procedure in the hospital :lol:
    Out of sedatives? :smirk:

just kidding. Take care man.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    I agree that VDB should start this in midfield. I think he did alright as part of the deeper two for a couple of games earlier in the season.

Inigo Montoya

I agree that VDB should start this in midfield. I think he did alright as part of the deeper two for a couple of games earlier in the season.
    I've no idea what his best position is. Does he play between the lines? Further forward,arriving late into the box? More to the point, I don't think the coaches do either. Love to see him really stake a claim

Judas

Open to offers
    Ole doesn't seem to want to use VDB in midfield, instead as some weird second striker. I've no interest in him starting as I want us to win and we don't need a passenger. But it would be more positive than Fred and Mctominay.

This should be as comfortable as a game away at Palace possibly can be.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
    Feels like yet another big match. Saw someone tweet that we have fewer points at this stage this season than in 18/19.

Our top 4 rivals generally have much easier run-ins on paper (maybe Chelsea aside) so we need to get these points in 'bankers' like this one. 3 points out of 6 in this and the City game are a minimum. I know which way I'd go if I were Ole. 3 tonight are equal to 3 against City, and these are much more attainable.

Brightonian

Full strength team. No rotation. We need to seize any opportunity to get some points and some momentum at the moment. For me, that means:

DDG
    AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw
    McT Fred
    Bruno
    Greenwood Cavani Rashford
    We'll do ourselves more good getting some goals in before the city game than worrying too much about resting players. Some of these have had injury lay-offs anyway so shouldn't be too fatigued.

Havak

Pokemon master
    de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Bailly Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Fred
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Martial​

Would like us to go with this, then bring in Lindelof, James and maybe Cavani against City. Cavani to come off the bench here and ease him back, but maybe he will start instead of Martial.

I'd rather Bailly play against City too, but I'd be amazed if Ole doesn't revert back to Lindelof, or even play Lindelof in both games.

Hoping to see Amad if we can get a few goals to the good by 65-70.

ShinjiNinja26

I want to see us go out and get a convincing win. 2 or 3 nil and be dominant throughout, give them next to nothing and have no fecking silly errors at the back. When was the last time we done that in the league?

Inigo Montoya

I want to see us go out and get a convincing win. 2 or 3 nil and be dominant throughout, give them next to nothing and have no fecking silly errors at the back. When was the last time we done that in the league?
    Not in this season..maybe RB at home where it was pretty dominant. Even Southampton we gave them asniff or two

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    I've no idea what his best position is. Does he play between the lines? Further forward,arriving late into the box? More to the point, I don't think the coaches do either. Love to see him really stake a claim
    So far for us, he’s looked best as an 8. But overall, who knows - he isn’t a player I was excited for us to sign in the first place, and he hasn’t been anything special so far. I don’t think he has enough individual/decisive quality to be a 10 for a top team though - I think arriving later from deeper as an 8 suits him most.

If we don’t start him tonight, then I’d at least like to see McTominay given the license to get forward plenty.

Mr.Kaya

Hope for a good performance by us today with a comfortable win with some nice goals to get some momentum before we meet City next. We desperatly need Cavani in shape for that match, so doubt he'll start today, will rather come in 2nd half some time. Lets goo!

Judas

Open to offers
    I'm not remotely worried or nervous for this one. Think we'll win. Sorry lads, maybe it'll change when I see our team, but for now not concerned.

Bobade

Hope to god this isn't another borefest. Palace are poor. I'm looking forward to seeing us throwing the kitchen sink at them and steamrollering them as a pre-derby morale booster.

United 3 - 0 , goals from DvB, Rashford, Bruno and/or Greenwood.

Line Up

Hendo
    Awb lindo maguire shaw
    VDB Fred
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Cavani (fit?) /Martial...​

Adcuth

Ole doesn't seem to want to use VDB in midfield, instead as some weird second striker. I've no interest in him starting as I want us to win and we don't need a passenger. But it would be more positive than Fred and Mctominay.

This should be as comfortable as a game away at Palace possibly can be.
    Would he do better in a 3 behind Bruno? With the width coming from the wing backs. Not that ole will change formation

Mctominay Fred Donny

Bruno​

Rashford Greenwood​

Gandalf

Ole said he is still carrying an injury so he may be on the bench but there seems no chance he starts tonight. Probably would not have even been on the bench at the weekend if it wasn't for the fact that we have almost no midfield alternatives with Pogba, Mata and Mejbri all injured.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Dean Henderson image Dean Henderson 53% of 238 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 248 ratings.

Score Predictions