Sun, 22 May 2022 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    That’s a rather damming statement unfortunately.

I’m 44 so obviously not around for relegation but it’s definitely the worst season in my time.

I don’t see this game against Palace making it any better either.
    I'm 47 and I saw MUFC get slapped by Barcelona in the early 90s. Even though we were decent in the league, we were minnows in Europe. About 6 years later, we were beginning to dominate teams in Europe, by which time we were utterly dominating the league.
    in all my time, this season was the worst.

We shall be playing Crystal Palace soon and I expect us to lose unless Ronaldo puts in a GOAT performance. I simply don't expect anything of any other outfield player. I'd be happy to sell every single player except DDG, Ronaldo and perhaps Bruno.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    With Scott McT in our midfield, I'd expect us to get completely over-run in midfield. He simply isn't good enough. His attitude is great, but he lacks the skill to be competitive in the EPL. I'd say that he is more suited to the Championship.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
    Going to this, as I live near by.

Should be a good game, Palace HATE United, no idea why but they really can't stand us. Probably because of Southern reds like me.

Shipperley

Supports
    CPFC
    Going to this, as I live near by.

Should be a good game, Palace HATE United, no idea why but they really can't stand us. Probably because of Southern reds like me.
    Google the name Paul Nixon and you’ll find out where some of it stems from (among the older sections of our fanbase anyway).

I think we have a decent chance in this one, looking forward to it.

UTD_Since_1978

With Scott McT in our midfield, I'd expect us to get completely over-run in midfield. He simply isn't good enough. His attitude is great, but he lacks the skill to be competitive in the EPL. I'd say that he is more suited to the Championship.
    Erm, sorry to burst your bubble in that regards but it has been widely reported that Steve McClaren will be hugely involved with UTD next season under ETH & McClaren thinks that McTominay & Maguire are world class players, so I fully expect both will be in the starting line-up for most games next season, feel free to quote me on this come May 2023 if I am wrong.

Oldyella

Is his attitude even that good? Anyone who hides on the pitch doesn't have a great attitude imo. Cleverley was braver.

Moriarty

Erm, sorry to burst your bubble in that regards but it has been widely reported that Steve McClaren will be hugely involved with UTD next season under ETH & McClaren thinks that McTominay & Maguire are world class players, so I fully expect both will be in the starting line-up for most games next season, feel free to quote me on this come May 2023 if I am wrong.
    Maye he can coach them to greatness. Maybe ETH will tell him he's full of it and shift them out.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Fun fact: If we don't win by at least 2, Palace (who are 11th and could easily finish 14th) will still have a better goal difference than us.
    Palace have two away games before they face us so that 'fact' of yours could look a bit different next week :p

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    Palace have two away games before they face us so that 'fact' of yours could look a bit different next week :p
    Ah, fair point.

Forgot we were one or two games ahead of everybody. Though they are only playing Villa and Everton, so it could be, er, more true by then as well. :wenger:

GoldanoGraham

Apparently ETH is going to be at the game……

Will be interested to see the effort levels rise…….under no circumstances should anyone who is leaving take to the pitch at any point during the game.

Play some youth if needs be but no point ETH seeing any leavers is there.

Bulldog United

The players are working hard in training and desperate to put on a show for the fans in the final game of the season. Maguire is expected to return too. And this only boosts the chances of a positive result.

copen1945

The players are working hard in training and desperate to put on a show for the fans in the final game of the season. Maguire is expected to return too. And this only boosts the chances of a positive result.
    Some good news. Whatever the result, I would like to see a committed display.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    Last game of the seaso, thank feck for that! Im also glad there's no euros or WC this summer, I'm sick of football so it will be nice to have a break from it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    We got pumped by Brentford in our last match, so looks like we are aiming to maintain that level of focus for our next match.

Isn't that what we were told before every single loss?
    Even when we lost to Watford 4-1 (or was it 4-0?) we were told that the players are working hard and doing well in training.
    You'd have to be a buffoon to believe any of that.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    If this man does not play the kids, he has no business here.

Ralph1386

Who are the players that are good enough and who haven't checked out for the season ? I don't even know if we have eleven of them for this game and this is what we need to get a result.

Ronaldo, DeGea, Mata, Matic. Maybe Varane and Lindelof? Some of the youngsters? Anyone else hasn't checked out?

phelans shorts

Who are the players who haven't checked out for the season ? I don't even know if we have eleven of them. Ronaldo, DeGea, Mata, Matic. Maybe Varane and Lindelof? Some of the youngsters? Anyone else hasn't checked out?
    I’d be more shocked if you can find 11 fans who haven’t totally checked out of the season. Who could care less about this game.

Ralph1386

I’d be more shocked if you can find 11 fans who haven’t totally checked out of the season. Who could care less about this game.
    Not ending up in the Europa Conference League next year is what makes some fans care about this game. Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I personally don't want us in the Conference League next year. At least the Europa offers us the opportunity to play in the CL if we win it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    So only a win can make us get EL within our own control, draw irrelevant, basically hoping Brighton don't lose. Happy it's Brighton and not some shite team, have hope for them.

phelans shorts

Not ending up in the Europa Conference League next year is what makes some fans care about this game. Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I personally don't want us in the Conference League next year. At least the Europa offers us the opportunity to play in the CL if we win it.
    I’d be absolutely fine being in a competition that we can win, but hey, maybe winning trophies isn’t important to some people. Maybe we should have an open top bus parade when we get CL football again. It’s more important than trophies after all.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
    This is not what we bought Ronaldo for but he’s now our only hope in this quest to beat Palace and squeeze into the Europa League. Not just in terms of getting the goals but trying to inspire the rest of the team to give the slightest of fecks.

PoTMS

I absolutely have more faith in 9th place Brighton beating 7th place West Ham than 6th place United beating wherever the feck Palace are. Finally, this damn season ends.

Ralph1386

I’d be absolutely fine being in a competition that we can win
    Ok. If we got relegated to the Championship would you be fine with that because it’s a competition that we can win?

but hey, maybe winning trophies isn’t important to some people.
    Who are these people? Did anything in my post suggest or imply that I don’t want us to win trophies?

phelans shorts

Ok. If we got relegated would you be fine with that because it’s a competition that we can win?
    If you’re going to come up with some nonsense, at least make it in some way comparable. That wouldn’t be an extra shot at a trophy.

Who are these people? Did anything in my post suggest or imply that I don’t want us to win trophies?
    You don’t want us in a competition for no apparent reason, so yes.

Ralph1386

If you’re going to come up with some nonsense, at least make it in some way comparable. That wouldn’t be an extra shot at a trophy.
    Why not? You're ok in the European 3rd division because we have a better chance of winning that competition. Why wouldn't you be ok with us getting relegated to the 2nd English division because we have a better chance of winning that league? A trophy is a trophy after all, right? :lol::lol:

You don’t want us in a competition for no apparent reason, so yes.
    I explained to you the reason why I would rather be in the other competition in my initial post or did you not read it?

At least the Europa offers us the opportunity to play in the CL if we win it.

phelans shorts

Why not? You want us to be in the European 3rd division because it we have a better chance of winning that competition. Why wouldn't you want us to get relegated to the 2nd English division because we have a better chance of winning that league? A trophy is a trophy after all, right? :lol::lol:
    Not at all, because I was merely pointing out that there’s nothing wrong with being in the Conference League. At all. I like to win things and hate the snobbishness that is fecking rife.

I explained to you the reason in my initial post or did you not read it?
    So qualifying for the champions league is the most important thing?

I remember when Arsenal were rightly mocked for that attitude. Oh how the turntables.

Ralph1386

So qualifying for the champions league is the most important thing?
    Qualifying to the Champions League and winning the trophy of the EL is more important than winning the trophy of the 3rd European division yes, because the Europa is a more prestigious competition than the Europa Conference. And CL qualification is the cherry on the cake.

I remember when Arsenal were rightly mocked for that attitude. Oh how the turntables.
    Yes, your attitude of being ok with the European 3rd division and 7th in the league is a lot more noble and ambitious than theirs. You need to show Arsenal fans how it's done :lol:

Blood Mage

What could have been an interesting game now suddenly looks meaningless and could be another excuse for our players to down tools. I don't see West Ham bottling 6th from here.

A fecking travesty of a season. The only thing that gives me joy is knowing that our players will be getting pay cuts, the useless cretins.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
    I would have agreed, but unfortunately we now need to win this game to get the Europa League.
    I think playing the uninhibited youth rather than the gutless cowards of the main team would be a better ploy, if winning is the requirement.

Ralph1386

I think playing the uninhibited youth rather than the gutless cowards of the main team would be a better ploy, if winning is the requirement.
    Personally I would go with a mixture of youth and experience (Ronaldo, De Gea etc...). Just choose the players from the first team who care and mix them up with some of our best youth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 121 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw