Cucurella at Chelsea

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
You pay a little extra for footballers with hair like that. We have not had locks flying on the pitch like that since David Luiz!

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Enjoy Colwill, mate. Potter is going to do wonders for his development.
56 mill with the potential to go to 63 mill with add ons, plus Colwill with no loan fee is probably worth it. But excited as I am about Colwill and he looks good, we will miss Cucurella massively.

but that kind of fee for a player we bought for 15 million just 12 months ago is too good to turn down. Like I said in an earlier post you will love him!

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
RIP Chilwell. I think this lad has Robertson level potential and intensity. He’s going to do great.
Cucu has literally played every position on the left besides LCM. He is versatile. Chilly will be fine, needs match fitness and form. He was super rusty during preseason, I think we won’t see the real him until October/November tbh.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He's already got a moronic song:

Cucurella, Cucurella
He eats paella, he drinks the Stella,
His hair's fecking massive.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Surely it should be Estrella rather than Stella
Maybe it is actually. On second viewing it sounds like estrella in a London accent (although some probably sung "the Stella" too)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I missed the game today but looked like he had a really lively cameo.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Did he actually play a forward pass??

Seemed like he played inside every time and forced the ball repeatedly.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

Bit weird you quoted the tweet and said that when 2 out of his first 3 passes were forwards. But okay mate.

JSArsenal

Michu
Zaki
Stewart
Arshavin
Papiss Cisse
Grant Holt
Issa Diop
Luke Ayling

Let me know if you need more.
:nono: Arshavin was quite good In his second season if memory serves. Didn't he get something like 10 goals and 15 assists? I remember a winner at Anfield, goals against United and Barcelona.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Good cameo, especially considering the short amount of time he's had to train with the side.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

He looked far better than Chilwell, who seemed extremely rusty. Basically the only time Chilwell got involved in buildup we got the penalty, but he looked tentative during his whole shift. Cucurella made himself available for passes to a far greater extent.

He created our best chance from open play all match (the cutback cross for Sterling that was blocked brilliantly). Beyond that he was a far better option when building up - looked far far far better than Chilwell who seems extremely rusty so far.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I’d start him ahead of Chilwell even when they’re both fully fit, but neither are top fullbacks, which is what I’d expect of a £50m player

::sonny::

Back and horizontal passes, i hate that kind of players, useless

But he is good in general

Trequarista10

His passing is very good, but it seemed he always looked to stop and pass rather than drive with the ball which I think you need from a WB. Either he didn't back himself to have the pace to beat Everton's RWB, or perhaps it was just taking the safer option as Chelsea were looking to secure the lead.

Either way, I think he's a better LB than LWB, would benefit from receiving the ball deeper and having a LW in front of him. Actually he'd have been way more suited to City's system than Chelsea's imo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I've liked him the few times I've watched him play. But I do find it amusing when a compilation is just a bloke passing it sideways / backwards

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He's had 1 training session, came on away to Everton 1-0 up with 10 mins to go and people want him to do anything other than play it simple and keep possession? Even despite that he created a fantastic chance for Sterling.

To quote Sir Alec, "youse are fecking idiots".

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Does Tuchel plan to play him as a started ahead of Chilwell eventually?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
He's had 1 training session, came on away to Everton 1-0 up with 10 mins to go and people want him to do anything other than play it simple and keep possession? Even despite that he created a fantastic chance for Sterling.

He should've won you the World Cup yesterday, how dare he not.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He looked fine yesterday. No need to do anything in the last 10 minutes but protect the lead and he almost got an assist.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looked fine yesterday. No need to do anything in the last 10 minutes but protect the lead and he almost got an assist.
Of course. It's just a bit of a nothing clip though isn't it.

I do like the player though. Interested to seeing how he gets on.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Didn't he create our best chance of the game from open play with a low cross which Sterling probably should have buried?

Confirmed xA of 0.35, highest in the team despite playing only 10 mins. Wonder if we can play Chilwell and Cucerella somehow.