Cultured Left Foot

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What I'd like to know is who is the shittest left footer?

It seems pretty much all of them can either smash a ball or curl it really well.

RUCK4444

It’s surely because most people are right footed, thereby somebody who is good with their left foot is usually something to point out in commentary.

It’s turned into one of those cheesy football slogans over the years.

Edit; Talking about left footed = cultured and more sophisticated... Becks debunks that myth.
No left footer in history can get close to the culture in Becks right foot.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
It's similar with cricket, until a leftie gets his/her eye in you think they're gonna get out every single ball they face because it just looks wrong, but once they get to the pace of the pitch and get their feet moving properly there's no finer sight than a leftie in full flow, they just kinda look more elegant.

marko goalo

Left footed players are technially better than right footed players obviously. Every left footer is a Bale, Robben, Robertson, Messi, Harte, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, Raul or Adriano.
Except Lukaku who has two left feet

Sveinp

Supports
In the 80s Kevin Sheedy was known for having a cultured left foot i remember. Good player.
What about our own great dane Jesper Olsen.?
Maybe that Wilson lad at Bournemouth qualify as well. ?
The left has always had more culture i supppose

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Right-footed 'Cultured XI". Wonder how a left footed XI would look (the RB spot is going to be near impossible to fill though :D)

van der Sar

Carlos Alberto Beckenbauer Scirea Junior

Rijkaard Didi

Zidane

M.Laudrup....................... R.Baggio

Totti
Sub: N.Santos, Falcao, Scholes, Beckham, Figo, B.Moore, Xavi, Iniesta, van Basten, Bergkamp, Henry

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Left footed players are technially better than right footed players obviously. Every left footer is a Bale, Robben, Robertson, Messi, Harte, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, Raul or Adriano.
Maradona is the most left footed player I've ever watched. He almost never use his right.

Sveinp

Supports
Right-footed 'Cultured XI". Wonder how a left footed XI would look (the RB spot is going to be near impossible to fill though :D)

van der Sar

Carlos Alberto Beckenbauer Scirea Junior

Rijkaard Didi

Zidane

M.Laudrup....................... R.Baggio

Totti
Sub: N.Santos, Falcao, Scholes, Beckham, Figo, B.Moore, Xavi, Iniesta, van Basten, Bergkamp, Henry
Van Basten on the bench? The only 9 there. A must un any team

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I mean, we sort of joke but I think because comparitvely there are less less-footers in the world full stop, perhaps the standard is even higher for one to become a pro and thus when they are pros they stand out for being technical wonders?

Stacks

I mean, we sort of joke but I think because comparitvely there are less less-footers in the world full stop, perhaps the standard is even higher for one to become a pro and thus when they are pros they stand out for being technical wonders?
I was kinda saying it with jest but then struggling to think of many left footers with an average or below avg technique. Maybe Evra in terms of striking and crossing etc but a good dribbler. Ashley Cole maybe?

You would always get these random louts in the premier league who randomly had a left peg on them,. Could hit the ball really hard like a Julian Dicks. I swear a number of England LB were cultured compared to RB. Stuart Pearce, Baines etc

rollingstoned1

This is footballs version of left handers playing the same shots right handed batsmen do but looking a lot more majestic. Tbf creative mids using their left foot do look more elegant.

studs

Right footed player with a strong cultured left foot.

The Original

There seems to be a greater number of left-footed players who can dribble at high speed. You can't really think of many right-footed dribbles in the mold of Robben, Salah, Bale and Messi.

Ribery is the only standout one.

Art Vandelay

What I'd like to know is who is the shittest left footer?

It seems pretty much all of them can either smash a ball or curl it really well.
Don't you remember Anderson's attempts at shooting? Sometimes they would barely reach the keeper, others they would barely stop in the upper atmosphere. He had a left foot like a wet cardboard box.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
"cultured left foot", "wand of a left foot" and "sweet left foot" are fine, but my favourite was in "Shoot" magazine when I was a kid, who described Robbie Fowler as having "a left foot that could open a can of beans"

I still don't really know what it means, but it's great. Sounds like something Partridge would say on The Day Today

Teja

How long before the argument that left footed players take better penalities pops up :lol:

That thread should be in the RedCafe Hall of Fame somewhere.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't you remember Anderson's attempts at shooting? Sometimes they would barely reach the keeper, others they would barely stop in the upper atmosphere. He had a left foot like a wet cardboard box.
That's a good shout to be fair, he couldn't shoot at all but still managed to score a brace in a CL quarter final?! Fergie's power was unlimited.

Rossa

We do know how to buy them. Anderson couldn’t shoot to save his life. Fred has some nice shots to his name as well...

Foxbatt

One of the best " cultured" left footers was Wim Van Hanegem of The Netherlands. A lot better than some of the names mentioned earlier. Players like Mata etc should not be even mentioned when you compare to a player like Van Hanegem.

SungSam7

Pretty sure David Villa is right footed.
Actually, you wouldn't consider him right footed, his right and left were equally the same. In his younger days he was primarily a right footed player till he broke his leg.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Don't forget Rojo

Red Stone

The left foot is the only foot that is allowed to have a nickname or a nonsensical adjective in front of it. Cultured left foot. Wand of a left foot. Left peg.

Art Vandelay

We do know how to buy them. Anderson couldn’t shoot to save his life. Fred has some nice shots to his name as well...
I remember reading Fred was equally adept with either foot when he arrived. Little did I know they meant he couldn't shoot with either foot.

Dominos

There seems to be a greater number of left-footed players who can dribble at high speed. You can't really think of many right-footed dribbles in the mold of Robben, Salah, Bale and Messi.

Ribery is the only standout one.
Theory could be that left footers are so often automatically put out on the wing as a kid so are more likely to develop that way

Although I suspect many would disagree with your statement and suggest Ronaldo x2, Sterling, Neymar, Mbappe, Figo, Mane, Ronaldinho etc.

youmeletsfly

The french guy that played for Newcastle and scored that outrageous scorpion kick?
Gheorghe Hagi (one of the best left foots you will ever see)
Alvaro Recoba
Messi
Cruyff?