Television Curb your enthusiasm

decorativeed

On a more upbeat note, I just watched the first episode of the latest season and thought it was a real return to form. Very very funny.
I've watched all four and enjoyed them a lot. The weakest being the most recent, as it revolves around a guest star who I've never seen before, but who I think is a real life news reporter/interviewer and who can't act his way out of a paper bag. Leon still has some great moments though.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The weakest being the most recent, as it revolves around a guest star who I've never seen before, but who I think is a real life news reporter/interviewer and who can't act his way out of a paper bag.
Sounds like you might be....Disgruntled?

Wing Attack Plan R

I worked in the same building as their production office, writers room, and to keep people away, they called their show "Hugging Buddies", and had their door sign was a picture of a white guy and a black guy in a huge bear hug. On several occasions I ran into LD in the halls, and the beautiful thing about his character is that he is not acting: what you see is the real LD.

decorativeed

I worked in the same building as their production office, writers room, and to keep people away, they called their show "Hugging Buddies", and had their door sign was a picture of a white guy and a black guy in a huge bear hug. On several occasions I ran into LD in the halls, and the beautiful thing about his character is that he is not acting: what you see is the real LD.
Ha, that's what I hoped, and how he came across in interviews recently.

Best line in this episode summed up the whole of this show and Seinfeld before it: "I'm 76 years onld and I've never learned a lesson IN MY LIFE!"

Wing Attack Plan R

Ha, that's what I hoped, and how he came across in interviews recently.

Best line in this episode summed up the whole of this show and Seinfeld before it: "I'm 76 years onld and I've never learned a lesson IN MY LIFE!"
Dude, one day he got into a classic Curb conversation with one of the cleaning crew, in the bathroom. It was hilarious. He went into a full tirade concerning paper towels or something. He was like, "no no no, paper towels go here. You can't just put paper towels like that..." The janitor was like, no, this his how paper towels go. LD left, came back in, continued conversation.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The final episode was beautiful :lol::lol::lol:
I've been watching it in bitesize chunks as I didn't want it to end! Finally finished it this evening. Loved the tie-in to Seinfeld's finale. It's wasn't a classic episode but finales rarely are. Ultimately, I was satisfied with what we got. I'm going to miss that bald bastard.