Television Curb your enthusiasm

Dan

I thought Salman Rushdie was a pretty good guest appearance to be fair.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Thought the first half of ep 3 was good. Rushdie and fatwa sex. Hugh Jackman. :lol:
The rest, not so good.

Dan

Episode 4 was probably the best one so far this season. Loved Bryan Cranston’s appearance.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Only watched the first 2 episodes and generally been very disappointed. Same flaws that made all the more recent seasons so flat. It's ended up really over-produced, with far too much slap-stick and completely implausible scenarios. The beauty of the early seasons was it was all completely believable, once you accepted that Larry David was a monumentally selfish arsehole. Over time it's just got less and less believable and less and less funny. Which is a shame. Because there's still an occasional moment of observational brilliance ("are you in charge of these cookies?") which remind you how funny it could be if it was just reined in a bit.

Dante

Average bang
I'd not been overly enamoured with this season up until episode 4. That felt like vintage CYE.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Episode 4 was probably the best one so far this season. Loved Bryan Cranston’s appearance.
Thought Cranston was big enough to play himself. He was on Seinfeld after all.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Only watched the first 2 episodes and generally been very disappointed. Same flaws that made all the more recent seasons so flat. It's ended up really over-produced, with far too much slap-stick and completely implausible scenarios. The beauty of the early seasons was it was all completely believable, once you accepted that Larry David was a monumentally selfish arsehole. Over time it's just got less and less believable and less and less funny. Which is a shame. Because there's still an occasional moment of observational brilliance ("are you in charge of these cookies?") which remind you how funny it could be if it was just reined in a bit.
Same. Playing out like any other tired comedy in their 9th season

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Man.. I am a big Seinfeld and Curb fan but this last episode was borderline unwatchable for me. So many tropes just feel very tired out in Curb universe. In the best episodes, Larry would get into trouble due to some inadvertent event. But now he is looking to make these things happen- the whole chef/waiter face thing was a complete bust, as was the asian baby thing. There was a good idea behind the soldier and parking attendant story but it wasn't tied up well IMO.

whatwha

Hum, I didn't think episode 5 was too terrible. Worst ever is overstating it. Bit stale though.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I've been loving this whole season so much - this week's scheming and exchanges, especially between Larry and Lewis :lol:

whatwha

Decent episode, this latest one. I also liked the accidental text episode.

I loved the Muslim man investigating Larry David's past so thoroughly.

"Grazed the ship. Not fatal. Then Larry was right."

"But wasn't the real issue... the big vagina?" :D

Dan

Great how they got all those people back.

rotherham_red

That was brilliant, prettay prettay pretty good even.

Dante

Average bang
I've really loved this season.

It's easy to forget that there was only a 4 year gap between Larry David leaving Seinfeld and starting Curb Your Enthusiasm. But a 6 year gap between season 8 and season 9 of the latter. The show needed that break and it's come back stronger for it, imo. Very few sitcoms can do it 9 consecutive years in row. I think David played his hand really well by giving it a new start.

If you think about it, he went from writing about his thirties/forties for Seinfeld, his fifties for the first few seasons of CYE, and now his sixties for the current show. I've liked the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels vibe of it.

Dan

The final episode was easily the best of the season.

Drifter

American
Should have left it alone. Funny in places but the characters seemed tired and a little forced.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Probably the weakest season overall (too much talking loudly when they didn't know how the end the segment) but some parts were as good as ever and it's still funnier than almost anything on television. I'm looking forward to season 10.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just rewatching some old series, my god I love the crazy eyes killer episode so much.

It really is genius :lol:

Dan

The Ski Lift episode might be my favourite so far.

When he pulls the edible undies out of his pocket :lol:
Yeah that one is brilliant.

Have you seen The Bare Midriff episode yet?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My favourite is the 1 with crazy eyes, he's a great character :lol: