Curious Case of Coutinho...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I would say he's deluded and thinks he can walk back into Barca side next season (seems to have forgotten that Neymar is likely to be there)
Yeah, likely :lol:

There's more to life than football, mate. I'm not surprised that Bale doesn't want to move on from Madrid, or Dybala from Torino, even if they're not guaranteed playing time.

Ranchero

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
i think having lots of money goes some way to it...
Money doesn't evaporate basic human behavioural needs.

Having a child go to three schools in three years in two different countries, losing all your friends two times over, isn't magically made better by being loaded.

I swear most of these comments is just jealousy.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

Having a child go to three schools in three years in two different countries, losing all your friends two times over, isn't magically made better by being loaded.

I'm not jealous.. how can you be jealous of someone on a totally different plane of existence? the guy has more footballing talent in what he blows into a hankerchief than I will ever have. but footballers know that being at one club for life is highly rare and having money enable them to fly to see their family almost any time (if they aren't travelling with them) and Coutinho haw been in Spain a year - hardly time to forge huge ties and friendships. I didn't say money solves every problem.. I said it helps in this case

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Loaned to FC Bayern
All things considered Coutinho's lived a charmed life. Went to Barca, won the league. Very likely he'll win the title at Bayern as well, unless there's a Dortmund miracle. If you're being bundled out of a club there are far worse places to end up than Bayern.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
All things considered Coutinho's lived a charmed life. Went to Barca, won the league. Very likely he'll win the title at Bayern as well, unless there's a Dortmund miracle. If you're being bundled out of a club there are far worse places to end up than Bayern.
I don't think winning the title did much for Coutinho's sense of enjoyment and outlook. His time at Barca has been a disaster on a personal professional level fron where I sit.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Suspect he’d swap that token La Liga for a meaningful UCL with Liverpool.

fergiesarmy1

I don't think winning the title did much for Coutinho's sense of enjoyment and outlook. His time at Barca has been a disaster on a personal professional level fron where I sit.
Saw a picture of Sturridge with the champions league trophy, professional footballers don’t seem to care anymore if they were actually involved.

Roy Keane didn’t think he was worthy of the 99 champions league, John Terry famously got kitted up for his including the infamous shin pads.

Strange times :(

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Saw a picture of Sturridge with the champions league trophy, professional footballers don’t seem to care anymore if they were actually involved.

Roy Keane didn’t think he was worthy of the 99 champions league, John Terry famously got kitted up for his including the infamous shin pads.

In Coutinho's case it's hard for me to imagine him feeling like a winner.
https://m.sport24.co.za/Soccer/International/barcelona-fans-still-upset-with-coutinho-20190422
https://en.as.com/en/2019/05/12/football/1557683292_696992.html

doomy20

So Bayern gets some pressure from the media and immediately buys Perisic and Coutinho (loan, option to buy).

Good effort from them. First 11 quality way above Utd.

fergiesarmy1

Oh aye I believe they aren’t impressed (sometimes I’m impressed with Spanish fans refusal to put up with horse shit performances like united fans have been doing)

Did he get involved the celebrations last season though like he was an integral part?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So Bayern gets some pressure from the media and immediately buys Perisic and Coutinho (loan, option to buy).

Good effort from them. First 11 quality way above Utd.
I really don’t think their 1st 11 is “way above United” by any stretch. They’re at the end of a cycle and a couple of additions doesn’t hide that fact. For all our faults, we’re the opposite end of the spectrum there, we’ve got young squad packed full of unfulfilled potential.

UncleBob

What ? :lol:

There's some fecking absurd claims here. He's a professional footballer, an extremely wealthy one as well, surrounded by family and close friends. He's hardly losing all he's fecking friends because he's changing fecking clubs. His kid is attending private schools and is taken extremely well care of.

Christ

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Coutinho could have become a true legend of Anfield if he had stayed on with Klopp at the helm. Now he goes on loan to a still strong, but weakened Bayern München because he could not adapt to Barcelona, with an absolutely insane price tag, and Liverpool fans who will all remember how he cried and protested his way out of the club.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Coutinho could have become a true legend of Anfield if he had stayed on with Klopp at the helm. Now he goes on loan to a still strong, but weakened Bayern München because he could not adapt to Barcelona, with an absolutely insane price tag, and Liverpool fans who will all remember how he cried and protested his way out of the club.
Yep. I remember his back sadness and the way he forced his way out of the club in January when he could have played CL football for the rest of the season at Anfield and left on good terms in the summer.
Great player in his day and he would have become a legend at Anfield.

Traub

Yep. I remember his back sadness and the way he forced his way out of the club in January when he could have played CL football for the rest of the season at Anfield and left on good terms in the summer.
Great player in his day and he would have become a legend at Anfield.
Was it a blessing in disguise for your team though? Or does his role fit in your current team?

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
Do Bayern have the option to buy? Was hoping he’d go in a permanent deal, I am seriously worried we’ll do something stupid and sign this guy next summer.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Do Bayern have the option to buy? Was hoping he’d go in a permanent deal, I am seriously worried we’ll do something stupid and sign this guy next summer.
Yes, Bayern will have an option, not an obligation. No idea how high it is though

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

There's some fecking absurd claims here. He's a professional footballer, an extremely wealthy one as well, surrounded by family and close friends. He's hardly losing all he's fecking friends because he's changing fecking clubs. His kid is attending private schools and is taken extremely well care of.

Christ
I read that as meaning the kid's friends. But regardless, it's not an absurd claim. Is it that absurd to think players might not want to move because it would disrupt their family's lives. Sure, his kid will be taken care of, but they will also now need to make new friends and learn a new language.

doomy20

They bought a player on decline and one that was no longer wanted at his club?

Have another go you clown.
No need to get salty. A one-year loan with an option to buy if he performs well is a wonderful deal, I'd took it in a heartbeat.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

They often have to wear it due to sponsors nowadays, it's not just an ego thing. The clubs don't want all the photos to have loads of players wearing their own, unbranded clothes.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

I heard the option to buy is 120m€ (plus 20m€ loan fee), not sure if true. However, unless he is not beating the world, we probably won't buy him anyways for this money. He is just coming because Sane got injured.

But if his wages are around 25m we pay almost 50m€ for just 1 year Coutinho. Until this season, 40m€ was our transfer record fee.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They often have to wear it due to sponsors nowadays, it's not just an ego thing. The clubs don't want all the photos to have loads of players wearing their own, unbranded clothes.
They don't wear unbranded clothes, they either wear the club blazer or a track suit. No one requires them to get kitted up like they were on the pitch.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They don't wear unbranded clothes, they either wear the club blazer or a track suit. No one requires them to get kitted up like they were on the pitch.
They had to do it at Chelsea. When we won the Europa League, Rob Green was in full kit and even Rudiger (who was there in a suit whilst on crutches) had to put a shirt on him for all the photos!

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They had to do it at Chelsea. When we won the Europa League, Rob Green was in full kit and even Rudiger (who was there in a suit whilst on crutches) had to put a shirt on him for all the photos!

Might be a Chelsea thing, United didn't have to do that.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Christ
I am talking about the kids. Private school is no substitute for stability.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I really don’t think their 1st 11 is “way above United” by any stretch. They’re at the end of a cycle and a couple of additions doesn’t hide that fact. For all our faults, we’re the opposite end of the spectrum there, we’ve got young squad packed full of unfulfilled potential.
Agree they aren't as strong as they used to be but they have a number of very good young talents waiting to explode too.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think it's similar to the James deal, can buy at the end if they decide to keep him. Good deal for them.