_______De gea_______

__AwB___maguire___New LCB [Ake]

Brandon_______________________ New WB [Chilwell]

_____Fred. Mcsauce______
___________Pogba________

_______New CF [Mitrovic]____Rashford___

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyone arguing that James is a better player than Rashford is blatantly biased.

Rashford pisses me off just as much as you with his selfishness and inconsistency, but come on, he's miles better than James.

Get the Saudi's in and make the front 3, Sancho, Mbappe & Martial :)
Rashford is better than Sancho. The Sancho hype is unreal, if people actually watched him play he'd be rated a lot differently.

Untd55

How do people think McTominay will be good enough for a first-eleven is beyond me. Have people forgotten how good our midfielders were or something?

He is the first-team midfielder of a mid-table team. I think people really need to calm down about him.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Gran
How do people think McTominay will be good enough for a first-eleven is beyond me. Have people forgotten how good our midfielders were or something?

He is the first-team midfielder of a mid-table team. I think people really need to calm down about him.
Granted, he'll never be as good as a Keane/Scholes/Robson/Ince. Could be as good as Fletcher though if he improves a few aspects of his game, which is possible. Fletcher was a good midfielder and worthy of his place in the first team after Keane and Scholes. Shame he got ill just as he was becoming a very good player.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
------------Henderson----------
AWB---Maguire--??---???
----Pogba---???---???-------
--??------Martial---Rashford

Remains to be seen: James, McTomminay, Fred(??), Williams
Keep: Lindelof + the youngsters

Sell: DDG, Baily, Jones, Rojo, Young, Shaw, Mata, Pereira, Matic, Lindgaard

If Williams steps up then we might have LB covered, we should get a new CB eventually though it is not the most pressing issue. CM depends on whether Pogba stays and the other two steps up to show they deserve a place there. We might need 1, we might need 3 new ones. We do need a new CF though as cover for Martial

James Ward

Everyone knows who the dead wood are and need to be out of the club: Lingard, Sanchez, Young, Shaw, Jones, Bailey, Smalling, Bailly, Pereira, Rojo, Matic, Mata.

That is 12 players who are not good enough to playing for Manchester United or even to be on the bench if I'm been honest.

I think the rest of the players are fine to be in the squad but what United are lacking badly are two world class center midfielders. I think everything will click together once they get these. Ones who can dominate games and dictate tempo of the game. Mctominay and Fred as backup.

For the starting 11 I would say two proper world class center midfielders (Pogba in number 10 role). I would also sign a Right winger and a striker.

Out of the dead wood I probably would hold onto Lingard, Pereira, Rojo and Bailey(If he get gets fit) just as backup players.

So I think the two new centre midfielders, right winger and striker we will be back challenging.

edgar allan

Martial – Maybe a bit biased on this as he is my favourite player at the club. Think as a centre forward he is exceptional and suits the way Ole wants to play (or I believe the way Ole wants to play :D) . He holds the ball up well and is able to bring others into play. Got pace and is a very good finisher, which due to his age will hopefully only get better. I think his creativity is very underrated by others and he also seems to get the best out of Rashford as well. I think him constantly being in and out of the team, being played on the left and due to several injuries we have yet to see him through the middle for a long spell to truly judge if he would be good enough there in the long-term. He needs to show he can become a regular 25-30 goal a season striker – minimum if we are to be challenging for trophies. He has also recently signed a new long-term contract and in my view we should look to try and develop him into a world-class centre forward, which I believe he can become has he has world-class attributes but he just needs to show it on a regular basis.
Martial is not exceptional, nor anywhere near. Just nowhere near good enough.

OleBoiii

Is the goal top 4 or winning titles? If it's the former, then I reckon most of the players in our injury free(!) starting XI are good enough. Our injuries have easily cost us 5-10 points so far.

But title winning? Well, it's hard to say, as you don't need stars in every position. DDG, AWB, Maguire, Pogba and Rashford would probably be good enough(or close) for the starting XI of a title winning side. McTominay, Fred and Martial aren't too far off, though they need to prove a little more.

AneRu

Is the goal top 4 or winning titles? If it's the former, then I reckon most of the players in our injury free(!) starting XI are good enough. Our injuries have easily cost us 5-10 points so far.

But title winning? Well, it's hard to say, as you don't need stars in every position. DDG, AWB, Maguire, Pogba and Rashford would probably be good enough(or close) for the starting XI of a title winning side. McTominay, Fred and Martial aren't too far off, though they need to prove a little more.
The way I see it is you build for the top four and then seek incremental improvements for there on in. In the same way Liverpool had the makings of a great team in 2018 that they transformed with the addition of VVD and Allison. I suppose if we could have a team like this:

De Gea
AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Williams
Pogba/Fred ????
????
???? Martial Rashford
*funds permitting the new signings I would want would be Zacharia/Sander Berge or another for the DM role, Maddison/Olmo/Fernandes for the AM role and Sancho as the wide forward. Martial has has a good season but he hasn't really cemented his spot but he is not our most urgent issue and within a front four that has Sancho, Rashford and Maddison he should flourish either as a creative fulcrum that glues our attack together or as a goalscorer and if not then that could be the improvement we make in the summer of 2021 that turns us into a title challenging team.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I didn't talk about James as first choice player after 3-4 years. My reply was to this point.

He is more than just hard working, fast paced player. His technical ability is very underrated, he looks very good dribbler and has good shot from distance. His crossing has been very good too.

Anyways it's never binary when it comes to thread like this. Wonder how many people thought Henderson was good enough to play 2 CL finals in a row midfielder when he was meme material under Dalglish. Same with players like Salah who was on Serie A tour, loaned out for few seasons.
You still think all that?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You still think all that?
Yeah, I'm not changing my opinion on game by game. His shooting is weird though, generated so much power when he joined and now he shoots like Sterling at Liverpool.

He looked exhausted and should be given off for a week or 2. Shame we don't have players to do that.

Judas

Open to offers
Rashford (on the LW)
Williams (I'd like to think)
Maguire (maybe)
De Gea

I think we could improve in every other position, which just shows how far behind we are.

pacifictheme

I'd be amazed if henderson is still with us in 2022 if hes not first choice. Would be wasting his career.

Eddy_JukeZ

Rashford (on the LW)
Williams (I'd like to think)
Maguire (maybe)
De Gea

I think we could improve in every other position, which just shows how far behind we are.
Shows just how much money has been wasted.

It's maddening.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah, I'm not changing my opinion on game by game. His shooting is weird though, generated so much power when he joined and now he shoots like Sterling at Liverpool.

He looked exhausted and should be given off for a week or 2. Shame we don't have players to do that.
Be getting a lot of time now Rashford is out. Maybe going back to the left wing and the fact that he will have a run of games there will reignite his form.

OverratedOpinion

Impossible to say, under a good cohesive system a lot of these players would look drastically better. Klopp would win the league with this squad and 2 reasonably well backed transfer windows.

Walters_19_MuFc

Pretty much what I said before. Possibly brining in Williams.

Martial
Rashford Attacking Mid Right Mid
DLP Fred
Williams Maguire Tuanzebe Wan-Bissaka
De Gea​

OleBoiii

To the people excluding Pogba but including the likes of Fred and Williams(both of whom are players that I like, btw): is it recency bias or do you expect him to leave this summer?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Be getting a lot of time now Rashford is out. Maybe going back to the left wing and the fact that he will have a run of games there will reignite his form.
So many of our players look exhausted from first minute, they really need a break.

With Rashford out, he will get his chances as LW, hopefully he will be back to his best.

SpyLuke10

Idk about first XI but I would put our current team situation like this:

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Williams

McTominay Fred

James Pogba Rashford

Martial

SUBS: Romero, Greenwood.

Nobody else has convinced me that they are good enough going forward (Henderson on loan and Smalling on loan are good enough imo). As you can see, we are pretty light for quality depth. Can't have a bench of only 2!

I think this really shows how huge an impact a few good signings could make. Imagine if we signed Bruno Fernandes, a quality right winger and another quality CM. Suddenly you are pushing McTominay and/or Fred to the bench, as well as Dan James.

Its also worth mentioning that there are a few players that maybe are good enough but have not yet convinced me, some of which because they have been injured too much. Shaw, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Dalot and Andreas Pereira are in this category. Tuanzebe and Dalot can be afforded a bit more time, but Shaw, Bailly and Andreas Pereira are running out of time, for those 3 the rest of this season is pretty much make or break imo.

TRUERED89

Replace Martial and that is an attacking force.
He should have scored his chance (which he made himself out of nothing), but any striker you put in this team is going to look sh!t. RVN would be suicidal playing right now. We cant string 2 passes together let alone provide chances to our ST.

Gizzyspop

DDG, AWB, Maguire and Rashford.

Pogba will be long gone and the rest need replacing. 7 new players are needed for the starting 11 to be a challenging team once again.

Players who can still be squad players:

Romero, Lindelof, Williams, Tuanzebe, McTomminay, Fred, James and Martial

Youngsters hopefully in there too:

Henderson, Laird, Gomes, Garner and Greenwood.

Should be no where near the team in 2 years time:

Shaw, Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Dalot, Sanchez

edgar allan

He should have scored his chance (which he made himself out of nothing), but any striker you put in this team is going to look sh!t. RVN would be suicidal playing right now. We cant string 2 passes together let alone provide chances to our ST.
Rashford has been holding the team together.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
For top 4 I think there would need to be two changes to a fully fit squad. A really quality number 10 to replace Pereira/Mata, and a quality right winger to replace James and have him as a bench option to come on later in games.

For a title winning side, I think you would arguably need a mobile centre back beside Maguire, another creative deep lying midfielder and a 30 goal striker, moving McTominey, Lindelöf and Martial to squad options.

So two of real quality for Top 4 and five for a title push.

TRUERED89

Rashford has been holding the team together.
How much abuse did Rashford get at No.9 when Martial was injured? People wanted him dropped/sold it became that toxic! Constant flip flopping! Martial is one of the best players in this average squad! Martial came back and Rashford had someone to play off and relieve some off the pressure that was solely on his shoulders.

Dolf

--------- De Gea ---------
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
------- Fred ------ ??? -------
-------------- Pogba -----------
Greenwood - Martial - Rashford

But ideally we need a new, world class, CB. Depending on how Shaw and Williams will develop we might need a new LB too. And obviously a new CM and CDM.

edgar allan

How much abuse did Rashford get at No.9 when Martial was injured? People wanted him dropped/sold it became that toxic! Constant flip flopping! Martial is one of the best players in this average squad! Martial came back and Rashford had someone to play off and relieve some off the pressure that was solely on his shoulders.
Rashford has raised his game this year, Martial remains inconsistent and regularly underwhelming.
We need better if we are to progress.

TRUERED89

Rashford has raised his game this year, Martial remains inconsistent and regularly underwhelming.
We need better if we are to progress.
Rashford wasn't raising sh!t when Martial was out (for like 2-3 months)! People were roasting him! Let Rashford play in the no. 9 spot for like 5-10 games! You'll be saying exactly the same thing, "He's not good enough, get him out NOW" its the same old boring flip flopping cycles!

edgar allan

Rashford wasn't raising sh!t when Martial was out (for like 2-3 months)! People were roasting him! Let Rashford play in the no. 9 spot for like 5-10 games! You'll be saying exactly the same thing, "He's not good enough, get him out NOW" its the same old boring cycles!
Yes we need two good forward.
Martial is not the one.

TRUERED89

Yes we need two good forward.
Martial is not the one.
Who then? There's no one available! Midfield and wide areas are the real issue! the team did nothing to help Martial yesterday! You should vent your anger towards Andreas not Tony!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pogba & Rashford

I'd keep the likes of Maguire, AWB, McTom, Fred and Martial, but ideally we'd have better in the starting 11.