Current starting line up

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Weird that people are leaving out martial in their teams considering he was one of our best players yesterday. Clearly a lot of people have given up hope with him, but I think martial will have a big season this year

Bestietom

------------------De Gea-----------------

Wan Bissaka----Tuanzebe----Lindelof-----Shaw

-------------Mctominay-----------Matic-----------

Greenwood----------Pogba----------------Martial

---------------------Rashford-----------------

If Maguire and Fernandes come in. Then Pogba to move back to McTominay position with Fernandes taking up his position at number 10. Maguire to take Tuanzebe position.

quethenoo

Wan Bissaka----Tuanzebe----Lindelof-----Shaw

-------------Mctominay-----------Matic-----------

Greenwood----------Pogba----------------Martial

If Maguire and Fernandes come in. Then Pogba to move back to McTominay position with Fernandes taking up his position at number 10. Maguire to take Tuanzebe position.
That's the one for me as it stands, but from what I have seen so far this preseason not sure Poggers will play at no.10.

RedNed77

Weird that people are leaving out martial in their teams considering he was one of our best players yesterday. Clearly a lot of people have given up hope with him, but I think martial will have a big season this year
I personally think he’s a lazy, spineless feck who’s time may be up with us but, I still included him in my team as he’s probably the 2nd best footballer at the club. Got to give him his due and hope that his apparent attitude issues last year were personal in nature and that he’s moved on.

Web of Bissaka

From the 3 games so far,

Formation: 4-2-3-1 is looking like a certainty.

Starting 11, hard to say other than the usual suspects.

Confirm
: Pogba, Rashford, AWB, Lindelof (these 4 are sort-of done deal, permanent core).

High chance
: De Gea, James, Shaw. (De Gea to confirm once he sign new contract, Ole may not play him almost every game otherwise once season start).

Good chance
: Greenwood, Jones (yep, looks like Ole like him), Lingard (favouritism), Young, McTominay, Matic (yep), Romero (depends on De Gea), Fred.

Fair chance
: Everyone else minus players below.

Small chance
: Chong, Gomes, Tuanzebe, Darmian, Rojo, Grant, Joel Pereira, Lukaku. (tbh I doubt these players will get pick a lot or at all for this upcoming season).
---

Wouldn't surprise me if Ole will go with this main 11, constant tinkering with many of the positions.
GK: De Gea (vs Romero)

RB: AWB
CB: Jones (vs Smalling)
CB: Lindelof
LB: Shaw vs Young

CM: Pogba
CM: Matic vs McT vs Fred
CAM: Lingard (vs Mata)

RW: Greenwood vs Mata vs Lingard vs James
LW: James vs Martial

ST: Rashford​

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I personally think he’s a lazy, spineless feck who’s time may be up with us but, I still included him in my team as he’s probably the 2nd best footballer at the club. Got to give him his due and hope that his apparent attitude issues last year were personal in nature and that he’s moved on.
Apparent attitude issues....
Nothing apparent about it. It was there for all to see.
However, I do hope that we will see him working significantly harder and displaying maximum performance levels as he has the ability to be a match winner.

Alemar

Wan Bissaka----Maguire----Lindelof-----Shaw

-------------Mctominay-----------Pogba-----------

Greenwood----------Bruno----------------Martial

Gaurav Jain

I am Imagining this lineup in a must win situation game & thinking who is going to convert the limited amount of chances we'll get as Martial is moody,Rashford takes atleast 5 efforts to get one on goal,Greenwood is unproven.Great teams have clinical finishers & I see no one in our team with that ability.Matches are won by goals & drawn by clean sheets & I can see where our manager is investing.

ManchesterYoda

De Gea
Wan-Bissaka Smalling Maguire Shaw
Matic
Bruno Pogba
Pepe Rashford Martial​

That's what I hope our team is by the end of the transfer window. I don't think we're linked with him, but I would sign Rice as our new DM

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I think we're a solid DM away from a solid team right now tbh.

RedMilo

Based on existing players :-

DDG
AWB
Axel
Lindelöf
Shaw
McTominay
Fred
Pogba
Greenwood
Rashford
Martial

Based on what players we will have by end of window :-

DDG
AWB
Lindelöf
Maguire
Shaw
McTominay
Longstaff
Fred
Greenwood
Rashford
Martial

El K2k

DDG

AWB Lindelof Smalling Shaw

Matic

Pogba Fred

James Rashford Martial​

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not seen any of the pre-season games but having looked at how we've apparently lined up thus far this is how I expect us to start the season

---------------De Gea---------------
AWB--Tuanzebe--Lindelof--Shaw
-----McTominay----Pogba-----
Greenwood--Lingard--Rashford
---------------Martial---------------

I'd say 8 of the 11 positions speak for themselves and it's only who partners Lindelof, who plays on the right and who plays number 10 that are the question marks. I think if we don't get Maguire we have to put faith in Tuanzebe, Greenwood appears to be the most natural fit for the right and I think Ole will always favour Lingard over Mata in the number 10

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
De Gea
Wan Bissaka Smalling Lindelof Shaw
McTominay Pogba
Greenwood Rashford James
Martial

Kidders

DDG
AWB-Smalling-Lindelof-Shaw
McTominay-Pogba
Greenwood-Lingard-Rashford
Martial

Would still like to see Maguire > Smalling & Fernandes > Lingard
Never going to happen but I'd also like to see Tierney as competion for Shaw, Longstaff as midfield cover and more experience on the right... Pepe ?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I am Imagining this lineup in a must win situation game & thinking who is going to convert the limited amount of chances we'll get as Martial is moody,Rashford takes atleast 5 efforts to get one on goal,Greenwood is unproven.Great teams have clinical finishers & I see no one in our team with that ability.Matches are won by goals & drawn by clean sheets & I can see where our manager is investing.
Great teams have very good creators and as a team they create so many chances. So by the end of game no one remembers the missed chances, they all remember the converted one.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
---------------------DDG--------------------
AWB----Tuanzebe---Lindelof---Shaw
--------------MCT------Fred--------------
James-----------Pogba---------Martial
-----------------Rashford-----------------

WoodysWallet

--------------MCT------Pogba--------------
James-----------Andreas---------Rashford
-----------------Martial---------------——

Havak

Pokemon master
At the moment, I think the following have nailed down places:

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
Smalling
Lindelof
Shaw

McTominay
Pogba

Rashford
Martial

The other midfield spot is a bit up in the air, Fred is behind schedule and just doesn't look up to it so far. Pereira is good in spells but invisible just as often. Matic is too slow and doesn't seem to be able to adjust to getting rid of the ball quicker than he used to have to, but he has the most experience and the rest our XI will probably be able to cover for his lack of legs. If we do play 433, I'd expect him to start the season as part of that three at the moment.

The right side is still up for grabs and could be until we sign a player specifically for the position. At the moment I think Ole will try James and Greenwood there, but if we do play 433 we might have to endure Lingard and Mata getting selected there more often than not. I could even see Ashley Young and Dalot playing there at times, but probably/hopefully not in the Premier League!

We've played 4231 in pre-season the most and I can see that meaning Lingard or Mata playing at no.10 now. I'm sure most of us don't want to see that, but I seriously doubt Gomes will be starting the Premier League games there. He's behind Greenwood and Tuanzebe in terms of youth getting in most of our match day squads, it's just the way it is. Anyone putting Gomes in our expected first XI should drastically revise their expectations. I hope he gets to play more, but 10-15 appearances is my expectation for him this season which would be good progress.

This will probably change next week if we make signings. Maguire would replace Smalling and almost any midfield/no.10 signing would probably go straight into the first XI or at least find their way in come the end of September.

OldTrevil

DDG
AWB Tuanzebe Lindelof Shaw
Fred McTominay Pogba
Greenwood Martial Rashford
Would be my lineup from the current group, with Pereira and Gomes tossups for the midfield. It is clear that we really need to bolster our supply line in terms of quality. Maybe Gomes can really be a game-changer but it would be unfair to expect so much from him at the moment. Our supply line currently consists of Pogba having to do everything from picking the ball up from deep, to stringing together moves in the middle, and finally to assisting and scoring. Madness to expect that successfully from anyone even with Pogba's elite talents.

Bestietom

I have just pointed this out above.

Bwuk

Swap Martial and Rashford around and that’s it for me.

Jig1234

4-3-3 Formation:

GK: DDG

DC: Tuanzebe
DC: Lindelof
LW: Shaw

DM: Mctominay
LCM: Pereira
RCM: Pogba

RW: James/Greenwood
LW: Rashford

STK: Martial

----------------------
4-2-3-1 Formation:

GK: DDG

DC: Tuanzebe
DC: Lindelof
LW: Shaw

DM: Mctominay
RCM: Pogba

RW: James/Greenwood
CAM: Gomes
LW: Rashford

STK: Martial

Subs: Mata/Lingard/Sanchez

Andersons Dietician

DDG
Bissaka-Smalling-Lindelof-Shaw
McTominay-Matic
Rashford-Pogba-James
Martial
Out of what we currently have probably go with that.

Trophy Room

-----------------------DDG----------------------
AW----------AT/Smalling-------------Lindelof-------Shaw
--------------------McT------Pogba----------------------
James-----------------------------------------------Gomes

-------------------Rashford----Martial------------------

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Based on the number of pre-season minutes

------------De Gea------------
AWB---Lindelof---Jones---Shaw
--------Matic-----Pogba--------
James------Lingard------Rashford
------------Martial------------

Subs: Romero, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Andreas, McTominay, Mata, Greenwood

Again based on the number of pre-season minutes it might suggest the following players are missing from the match day squads more often than not - Rojo, Young, Chong, Smalling, Gomes, Fred, Bailly (injured), Garner

Obviously this is based on no further signings

Last edited:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You lots know Lingard will play, so don't even bother having him missing from your starting line up.

romufc

--------------MCT------Pogba--------------
James-----------Andreas---------Rashford
-----------------Martial---------------——
This seems to be a team that could do well. But lack of experience would be a concern.

stepic

has Rashford not been playing up front in pre season? i've not seen any games.

Negative Red

There's a lot of you wanting Tuanzebe to start but I'm not sure he's good enough in the air. I hope we don't send him out on loan and he proves me wrong though. He definitely needs some minutes this season to see if he's ready to step up.

TRUERED89

-----------------DDG---------------------

--AWB-----Tuanzebe-----Lindelöf---Shaw---

--------------------McT/Matic-------------------

--------Fred/Bruno-----------Pogba---------

--DJ/Dybala-------Martial------Rashford-------

Nialinho

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Lindelöf Shaw

McT Pogba

James Andreas Martial

Rashford

As it stands. (Please god let us make some signings this week)

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
There's a lot of you wanting Tuanzebe to start but I'm not sure he's good enough in the air. I hope we don't send him out on loan and he proves me wrong though. He definitely needs some minutes this season to see if he's ready to step up.
I do wonder how many of those with Tuanzebe in the team have actually seen him play. And not just on the TV highlights.
I will put my hand up and say that I have never seen him play so cannot judge.
But is he really a better premier league defender than Chris Smalling.

KristianMackle

DDG
AWB---Lindelof---Smalling(*sigh*)---Shaw
--------McTominay-------Fred--------
Rashford------Pogba----James------
-------------Martial------------

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I do wonder how many of those with Tuanzebe in the team have actually seen him play. And not just on the TV highlights.
I will put my hand up and say that I have never seen him play so cannot judge.
But is he really a better premier league defender than Chris Smalling.
No, if he didn't play for us there wouldn't have been anyone saying we must buy him from the Championship and start him. He's got potential though.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No, if he didn't play for us there wouldn't have been anyone saying we must buy him from the Championship and start him. He's got potential though.
That is good to hear. My concern is that Lindelof needs a physically strong and safe CB partner. It will be very interesting to see how Tuanzebe performs.

nost666

--AWB--Smalling---Lindelof---Shaw---

--------Bruno-----------Savic---------(I don't know what happens if we don't sign two new CMs.. :nervous::nervous::nervous:)

--James-----Martial------Pogba-------

--------------Rashford------------------

I'd definitely like to see Dalot starting half the games as RW / RWB though. Can't hold that dude down.

Prefer Pogba(since we still need his T-shirt sales apparently) on the left and overlapping with CMs and no 10. He can be a liability in Central defense when played as a pure CM.

I hope we see the light to steer clear of
- 27 yr old Maguire(too old and not good enough for the money)
- Dybala(luxury forward and a waste like Nasri / Ozil now being put out to pasture by a club with ambitions) :nono:

Sign better and cheaper players like
Def - Upamecano (50-60m)
MF - Savic, Bruno, Nianggolan(really feel we need a stronger spine) (160-200 mil)

Sell -
Fred, Rojo, Darmian, Matic, Alexis, Pereira, Bailey (70-90 mil) & Martial too(60 mil) if we have to.

That's an approx net 100 - 120 million-ish, which we wanna spend on one guy at the moment.

Flip -
Pogba & Lukaku for Pjanic, Higuain, DeSciglio rather than Dybala. It's a fair deal, but I don't think they do this deal if they wanna win the CL. Pogba and Ronaldo will sell a ton of T-Shirts in a sagging Italian economy though.

I'm more of an NBA fan than footy, so excuse the wild flip deal suggestion:devil::devil:. Happens all the time in Basketball.

Question - Why do we keep releasing players on the free?

Mr Smith

--------Bruno-----------Savic---------(I don't know what happens if we don't sign two new CMs.. :nervous::nervous::nervous:)

I'd definitely like to see Dalot starting half the games as RW / RWB though. Can't hold that dude down.

Prefer Pogba(since we still need his T-shirt sales apparently) on the left and overlapping with CMs and no 10. He can be a liability in Central defense when played as a pure CM.

- Dybala(luxury forward and a waste like Nasri / Ozil now being put out to pasture by a club with ambitions) :nono:

Def - Upamecano (50-60m)
MF - Savic, Bruno, Nianggolan(really feel we need a stronger spine) (160-200 mil)

Sell -
Fred, Rojo, Darmian, Matic, Alexis, Pereira, Bailey (70-90 mil) & Martial too(60 mil) if we have to.

That's an approx net 100 - 120 million-ish, which we wanna spend on one guy at the moment.

Flip -
Pogba & Lukaku for Pjanic, Higuain, DeSciglio rather than Dybala. It's a fair deal, but I don't think they do this deal if they wanna win the CL. Pogba and Ronaldo will sell a ton of T-Shirts in a sagging Italian economy though.

I'm more of an NBA fan than footy, so excuse the wild flip deal suggestion:devil::devil:. Happens all the time in Basketball.

Must be a wum :lol: :lol:

Nickosaur

Def - Upamecano (50-60m)

Sell -

Flip -

Worst post ever?

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
-------------De Gea----------
AWB---Maguire-----Lindelof----Shaw
---------------McTominay
---------Andreas(Dybala)----Pogba
James----------Rashford-------Martial (could change if not consistent)