Custis: Sir Alex Ferguson tells players they’ll Make United Great Again! #MUGA

Member 90887

Sir Bobby and Ed and SAF and David Gill
The result was the same you are correct Sir. Everyone wanted that poison gone.
Why are we giving click to a liverpool channel ? the video has nothing of interest in it, a complication of three pictures shown again and again with some text (to spare you the click).

Hoof the ball

Seeing SAF walk onto Carrington and inspiring all those players with a speech of greatness? I bet it was like Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday.

Anustart89

MUGA hats are a must...

And when opposition have a freekick anywhere on the pitch, I want a monotonous chant of 'build a wall, build a wall' to ring out around the stadium.
And when someone makes a bad tackle on one of our players, instead of shouting "Off, off, off" as the ref reaches for his pocket we should chant "Lock him up! Lock him up!"

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m all for free speech but I wish people wouldn’t start threads based on quotes from the sun. It’s just not worthy of this forum.

As regards Sir Alex getting involved in first team, we should tread carefully. Prospective new permanent managers might not like the idea of a living legend marking their homework on a regular basis.

Green_Red

I’m all for free speech but I wish people wouldn’t start threads based on quotes from the sun. It’s just not worthy of this forum.

As regards Sir Alex getting involved in first team, we should tread carefully. Prospective new permanent managers might not like the idea of a living legend marking their homework on a regular basis.
Well then they shouldn't be considered for the position. If a new manager isn't willing to embrace the history and traditions of the club then they should ply their trade elsewhere.

Andy_Cole

Then the new manager is not the right fit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Solskjaer seems to confirm the story himself. He said SAF spoke to the players.

LoveFootball

Am I the I my one that thinks Fergie wanted Jose Mourinho out?
There's no doubt in my mind he and Ed were speaking about Mourinho at FT against Liverpool.
Going by what Rooney said about the mood being negative at Carrington because of Jose and the way he treated our young players, I strongly believe that SAF, a man who stand for the family values of this club and who strongly have faith in youth would have tolerate Mourinho around the club anymore. Mourinho was an insult to this club, to everything SMB, SBC and SAF stood about.

LoveFootball

Then he should just resign and feck off tbh. We gave to Moyes, LVG and Mourinho free reign and look how it panned out. SAF and SBC are living legends who have best interests of the club in their heart and would do things if deemed necessary. I don't think SAF would undermine a manager just to stamp his authority. Him and SBC are the guardians of our values.

AndyJ1985

You people sure know how to take an acronym and overuse the feck out of it.

R'hllor

Wish that fat cnut would feck off from United related stuff.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Not trying to give that garbage excuse of a paper any clicks so just posting the quotes

God bless Ole and SAF for making United feel like United again,couldn't ever see Fergie being in the picture under any of the dour regimes who succeeded him.
gives me goosebumps :devil:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Seeing SAF walk onto Carrington and inspiring all those players with a speech of greatness? I bet it was like Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday.
"Aye, and I guarantee yoo lot will be take United back to the toop again, theres no doub abou tha"

"Except you phil (looks at jones), ya fecking shite and i should never have signed ye"

Eriku

"Aye, and I guarantee yoo lot will be take United back to the toop again, theres no doub abou tha"

"Except you phil (looks at jones), ya fecking shite and i should never have signed ye"
They say Fergie went soft in his later years, yet there he is, sticking it to Phil Jones in 2019!

Fridge chutney

I love him.

Not a fan of the Trump comparisons. Sir Alex is great man. Trump is a terrible one. Plus Ferguson is a labour supporter. I doubt that he has any time at all for Trump.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I love him.

Not a fan of the Trump comparisons. Sir Alex is great man. Trump is a terrible one. Plus Ferguson is a labour supporter. I doubt that he has any time at all for Trump.
. This 100%. I have tremendous respect as a rival fan for Sir Alex. Don't lump him with something so ugly.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema

Mindhunter

The brilliant thing about this man is that he will make a bunch of mannequins believe they are the best footballers in the world and get a world class performance from them.

I wish I had a fraction of his man management ability.

Adam_S

I've seen a few mutterings like this in the press recently. I wonder if there's not been a bit of a Fergie coup behind the scenes and he's trying to pull some strings to get the club working his way again. Frankly, after the last 6 years, I hope to God he is.

Kapardin

I've seen a few mutterings like this in the press recently. I wonder if there's not been a bit of a Fergie coup behind the scenes and he's trying to pull some strings to get the club working his way again. Frankly, after the last 6 years, I hope to God he is.
No.:lol:

I think some people still remember SAF from the old days and forget he is very old and just recovered from an illness. I doubt he retains his old powers of persuasion in his current state. Age always saps your skills.

Most likely, he retains an interest in the fortunes of the club and simply supports Ed and the board by giving them advice if asked. I have no doubt Ed probably referred to him for Solskjaer's appointment, but make no mistake, the final call would have been Ed's alone.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

The man is arguably the greatest Coach/Manager in the history of sport. There's probably very few football fans around the world over the age of 20 that don't know who that man is and is revered through most other sports. When the man is front page of virtually every major newspaper in the world when he announced his retirement, you know he's fecking big.

And thats not even considering the countless wishes sent from sports not even remotely close to football such as Formula 1 when he fell ill earlier last year.

Ferguson clearly has left the club to its own devices and is now trying to get it back on track because we desperately need some structure. The new manager will have to look at stand named after him every time they sit in our dug out. If they cannot accept his position, then they dont deserve to represent our club.

prateik

There is probably a crooked city and loserpool joke in there somewhere.