Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Ainu

I have as much faith in CD Projekt Red (my most trusted devs together with Naughty Dog) as anyone and I would never even consider pre-ordering a game from them. I really don't see the point. The game will still be there for you to buy on day one if you didn't pre-order it. This isn't the early 2000's anymore. And if, by some terrible disaster, the game fails, I could still hold out for a sale.

evil_geko

I have as much faith in CD Projekt Red (my most trusted devs together with Naughty Dog) as anyone and I would never even consider pre-ordering a game from them. I really don't see the point. The game will still be there for you to buy on day one if you didn't pre-order it. This isn't the early 2000's anymore. And if, by some terrible disaster, the game fails, I could still hold out for a sale.
There could be many reasons for pre-order, maybe I have tons of money to burn right now but will have tons of expenses around the time the games come out for example. Different people have different reasons, I don't have to call them stupid for them.

And all this said, I never pre-ordered a game, I just don't mind people that do.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Depends on situation and company, CDPR is one of the rare trustworthy companies out there.
That still doesn't mean it's going to be a great game though?

I pre-order once reviews are out and they're good, like a few days before release.

There is zero benefit to pre-ordering a year in advance, it baffles me.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Huh, I was really looking forward to this but those vids haven't done much for me. Guessing I'll be in the minority there.
I mean I much prefer the medieval historic fantasy sword slashing to post-modern gun-slinging, but I’m still very hyped.

Also much prefer British/European voice acting. Not sure why.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What are the odds on this being delayed?

Can definitely see this coming out more towards the end of next year.

Eriku

If they delay it until close to the PS5 launch they’d save me from throwing money at them twice.

DWelbz19

I don’t think they’d give a release date and not stick to it. Especially after this happened with TW3.

10 months is still a fair way away. I imagine they’re confident they’ll get it out then.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I mean I much prefer the medieval historic fantasy sword slashing to post-modern gun-slinging, but I’m still very hyped.

Also much prefer British/European voice acting. Not sure why.
American accents/acting just sounds cheesy. I'm still looking forward to it though.

I don’t think they’d give a release date and not stick to it. Especially after this happened with TW3.

10 months is still a fair way away. I imagine they’re confident they’ll get it out then.
Plus they'll really want that double banger over two generations of console. Will surely be a huge money maker.

Hal9000

High.

Witcher 3 was delayed twice, and still pretty buggy on release.
True, but if they openly admitted that they announced the release date to early and it punished from them. I doubt given that experience they would make the same mistake twice.

To be fair to them though, the game was able to be played through from start to finish last summer. Since then they have just been polishing, and improving.

Massive Spanner

Does that mean that the PS4 version will have more bells and whistles once you pop it into the PS5? Doesn’t sound right to me.
I imagine you'll be able to patch PS4 games to make them render higher etc. for the PS5, much like from the PS4 > PS4 Pro. It's going to be the exact same architecture by the looks of things so it wouldn't be too difficult. The PS4 version will likely be scaled down heavily from the PC version anyway.

I'm sure companies will also release PS5 versions of their games to make more $$ but CDPR have a really good record of supporting free content once their games are released so I don't think they would.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Delays are still very much possible, but very unlikely beyond next year.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
One of the things I am psyched about is all the easter eggs they will undoubtedly hide in this game like they did in TW3. One thing that tells me is that you ve crossed all your Ts and dotted all your Is on the main game and are comfortable enough to "waste" some resources putting those in.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
One of the things I am psyched about is all the easter eggs they will undoubtedly hide in this game like they did in TW3. One thing that tells me is that you ve crossed all your Ts and dotted all your Is on the main game and are comfortable enough to "waste" some resources putting those in.
Ciri will be in there somewhere, for sure.

Art Vandelay

Previews of the behind closed doors footage are starting to come out. It sounds :drool:

I want to know how viable an actual melee character is. It would be awesome to play a suped up kung fu machine.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm just annoyed this isn't in VR. Missed fecking opportunity :(.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That still doesn't mean it's going to be a great game though?

I pre-order once reviews are out and they're good, like a few days before release.

There is zero benefit to pre-ordering a year in advance, it baffles me.
Yeah I don't see the point in pre ordering. And I absolute adore the Witcher 3 and consider it amongst the greatest ever games. But I have no problem waiting for the reviews to pour in - they anyway preceded the release date of the game.

Kaos

I was genuinely interested in the CE until I saw it was £250...

I only really want the statue and steelbook case, don’t particularly care for the art book and soundtrack.

Oh well, at least all game versions are the same and we’re not missing out on in game bonuses with the normal edition.

Massive Spanner

But, as CDPR said very clearly at the start of the demo, this is all a work in progress. CDPR told me that it’s still figuring out how certain stuff will work, like how much you’ll be able to change your appearance mid-game (it will at least allow things like hair color and style) or how often you’ll be allowed to respec your attributes and how expensive it will be.
Yeah, no way this is out by April.

DWelbz19

Shut up lads it’s coming out 16.04.2020

justboy68

It's already been in development for ages and they've given themselves a lot of leeway with the April 2020 release date. I think it will be on schedule.

Sweet Square

Predictably the internet are upset.
The reason for the poster is brilliant.
The image in question comes from an in-game advertisement for a product called Chromanticure, which appears to be a soft drink with multiple flavors that are meant to be mixed and matched. The screenshot containing the ad comes from an Nvidia announcement about ray-tracing in Cyberpunk 2077. The advertisement features a sexualized female model with a large penis visible underneath her clothes. The slogan reads “mix it up.” The somewhat-teasing slogan and prominent genitalia drew a reaction on Twitter, with some users expressing skepticism or confusion about the advertisement’s context and purpose. In an interview with Polygon, CD Projekt Red arist Kasia Redesiuk spoke about the artwork.

“Personally, for me, this person is sexy,” Redesiuk said to Polygon. “I like how this person looks. However, this model is used — their beautiful body is used — for corporate reasons. They are displayed there just as a thing, and that’s the terrible part of it.”

Redesiuk added, “Cyberpunk 2077 is a dystopian future where megacorporations dictate everything. They try to, and successfully, influence people’s lives. They shove products down their throats. They create those very aggressive advertisements that use, and abuse, a lot of people’s needs and instincts. So, hypersexualization is apparent everywhere, and in our ads there are many examples of hypersexualized women, hypersexualized men, and hypersexualized people in between.”

Redesiuk added, “Cyberpunk 2077 is a dystopian future where megacorporations dictate everything. They try to, and successfully, influence people’s lives. They shove products down their throats. They create those very aggressive advertisements that use, and abuse, a lot of people’s needs and instincts. So, hypersexualization is apparent everywhere, and in our ads there are many examples of hypersexualized women, hypersexualized men, and hypersexualized people in between.”
This game is going to be great.

Last edited: