Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can't see what the fuss is all about. Even the post quoted in the above tweet is fine.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm still struggling to wrap my mind around the scope. Not just the size of the map but the verticality. If you can go inside all those buildings it's going to have a ridiculous amount of real estate to explore. There's supposed to be an area outside the city and a vast under city too.
Supposedly the vertically - c.f. to The Witcher 3 being so horizontally large - is one of the main reasons why the game is in FPS. There’s shit loads of these skyscrapers about the place.

That, and the fact that shooting is a lot easier to make look good in first person, I reckon. :D

Art Vandelay

Supposedly the vertically - c.f. to The Witcher 3 being so horizontally large - is one of the main reasons why the game is in FPS. There’s shit loads of these skyscrapers about the place.

That, and the fact that shooting is a lot easier to make look good in first person, I reckon. :D
I think first person just seems to suit it better too, but maybe that's a bias coming from Deus Ex.

Eriku

Not just look good, but for the aiming to be decent in general. Would be a horrorshow to have, say, the W3 angles and implement guns.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Honestly not every game needs a multiplayer.

God of War, Horizon zero Dawn, Witcher 3 etc... they all stand up as games by themselves.

Save the multiplayer for things that require other players.
I think a RDR2 style multiplayer where they released it after you had completed the game would be nice though. Not essential, but would definitely increase the longevity of the game.

Art Vandelay

Suv666

God of War, Horizon zero Dawn, Witcher 3 etc... they all stand up as games by themselves.

Amen.

Ainu

If it works, great, if it doesn't, don't force it. I love their approach to it.

Siorac

Exactly. There are plenty of multiplayer games on the market for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I hate most multiplayer.
I hate all multiplayers

The idea of playing a game with a bunch of strangers (teenage wankers) has zero appeal to me.

Local multiplayers are great though - but unfortunately they don't get made as much these days.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I hate all multiplayers

The idea of playing a game with a bunch of strangers (teenage wankers) has zero appeal to me.

Local multiplayers are great though - but unfortunately they don't get made as much these days.
Yeah the last one I Played was Overwatch, and it was fun until everyone got way better than me because I had far less time to play it than the little shits who play it, the sort of little shits I used to be when I was a teenager and bitch slapped everyone at Counter Strike and Unreal Tournament.

Basically feck being a grown up is wha' I'm sayin'.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah the last one I Played was Overwatch, and it was fun until everyone got way better than me because I had far less time to play it than the little shits who play it, the sort of little shits I used to be when I was a teenager and bitch slapped everyone at Counter Strike and Unreal Tournament.

Basically feck being a grown up is wha' I'm sayin'.
That's me trying to keep up on fortnite. Old man 90's is the strat now!

Little shits can't compete with my aim and tracking though, that's where the experience comes in ;)

Hammerfell

I think a RDR2 style multiplayer where they released it after you had completed the game would be nice though. Not essential, but would definitely increase the longevity of the game.
I don’t think this is going to be a game that struggles with longevity.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Has anything been mentioned about the size of the game world? Witcher 3 was gigantic with White Orchard, Velen, Novigrad, Skellige, Kaer Morhen, Toussaint.

I expect Cyberpunk to be more vertical than sprawling.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Has anything been mentioned about the size of the game world? Witcher 3 was gigantic with White Orchard, Velen, Novigrad, Skellige, Kaer Morhen, Toussaint.

they've said it'll be bigger than TW3's world and 100+ hours long.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah feck multiplayer here. It'll only take their concentration away from the main game.

Art Vandelay

They said bigger than TW3 and much more vertical. There's been talk of wastelands outside the city and an under city as well. I think someone mentioned space in the E3 video. Apparently that video is going to be made public on September 3rd.

Edit: They are no longer showing it on September 3rd, the bastards. They are live streaming 15 minutes of gameplay next Friday instead.

Last edited:

NoLogo

I really don't need no multiplayer either but given the fact that you seem to have an AI partner for most of the game a coop mode could be a nice thing. But then you need to balance the game for two players instead of one which would probably take a load more work to get it done properly so yeah I'd rather have the game single player than being released even later. Can't fecking wait to play it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really don't need no multiplayer either but given the fact that you seem to have an AI partner for most of the game a coop mode could be a nice thing. But then you need to balance the game for two players instead of one which would probably take a load more work to get it done properly so yeah I'd rather have the game single player than being released even later. Can't fecking wait to play it.
Exactly why it's too much hassle. They then have to start worrying about what gun is too powerful, what would work in a multiplayer setting, what could get bugged etc.

it's just way more work required that they don't really need, it sounds like the game is going to be massive as it is. Perhaps in the future they can add it once the game is settled in like GTA 5.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Exactly why it's too much hassle. They then have to start worrying about what gun is too powerful, what would work in a multiplayer setting, what could get bugged etc.

it's just way more work required that they don't really need, it sounds like the game is going to be massive as it is. Perhaps in the future they can add it once the game is settled in like GTA 5.
That's what I hope for. There is no need of it to begin with, but I struggle replaying games once I've completed them, so for something as good as I'm hoping this will be, it'd be nice to have something that extends its playability.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I'm not playing this game for multiplayer, I want to lose myself in the world and the story.

Eriku

Glad to see nobody here is wigging out over the news of the upcoming gameplay vid being shortened. Been reading some knee-jerk nonsense speculating about it being due to terrible feedback and CDPR wanting to paper over cracks.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Glad to see nobody here is wigging out over the news of the upcoming gameplay vid being shortened. Been reading some knee-jerk nonsense speculating about it being due to terrible feedback and CDPR wanting to paper over cracks.
There is still time to make this third person, CDPR. Undo your mistake.

You tell everyone you can make and customise a character in this awesome game world and then put it first-person. It's madness!

Eriku

You tell everyone you can make and customise a character in this awesome game world and then put it first-person. It's madness!
Not at all related to what I said, as we’ve known for ages about the first person perspective ;P that said, I don’t think third person would be good in a game which relies on firearms, and where the world-building is so vertical.

DWelbz19

Been mentioned above, but yeah, 15 minutes of gameplay on the 30th.

DWelbz19

There's going to be a lot of expository cut scenes and dialogue where the game shifts back into third person perspective. You'll see your customised character a lot, just not when you're directly in gameplay action.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Tbf, that is a typical move. I could tell you some stories from a lot of major games and reveals from back in the day :lol:

But it's nice to wait and see before going off the deep end. A gameplay stream should hopefully reveal more, though we still need to be careful believing all we see...

Eriku

Tbf, that is a typical move. I could tell you some stories from a lot of major games and reveals from back in the day :lol:

But it's nice to wait and see before going off the deep end. A gameplay stream should hopefully reveal more, though we still need to be careful believing all we see...
Surely CDPR should be afforded a wee bit more faith than most companies? Personally, I’m not the least worried about this game disappointing :)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hopefully they either ditch multiplayer or make it a completely different mode. No overlap between the two please. There's nothing like a magnificent single player game. The hype for this game exists because the Witcher 3 was just that.