Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah agreed, if anything they should be given praise for putting more options into their character creation and effectively removing 'gender'.
For these people who have a problem with it, it's literally an option you just don't pick. That is literally all that would change for their game.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Windows 10 64 bit
CPU i5 6500
GPU GTX 1060 6GB
Memory 16 GB DDR4

My OS sits on an 120GB SSD and I've got a 2TB HDD along side (originally for games but now too slow with the dawn of SSD!)
You know you could even throw a 3070 into that rig and get a huge upgrade whilst decided what other upgrades to go for. That i5 would run it, even with a bottleneck you'll be getting decent fps with ray tracing and dlss on.

SuperiorXI

For these people who have a problem with it, it's literally an option you just don't pick. That is literally all that would change for their game.
Any excuse to post this clip

You know you could even throw a 3070 into that rig and get a huge upgrade whilst decided what other upgrades to go for. That i5 would run it, even with a bottleneck you'll be getting decent fps with ray tracing and dlss on.
I was aiming for ultra 1080p without ray tracing, 3070 seems maybe overkill for what I'm after.

Not sure if the ray tracing is worth the extra cash.

Redlambs

Any excuse to post this clip

I was aiming for ultra 1080p without ray tracing, 3070 seems maybe overkill for what I'm after.

Not sure if the ray tracing is worth the extra cash.
Oh it is, it most certainly is.

But yeah 1080 without it you can literally run any card above the 1060. Up until recently I had a RX 580 in my rig and hit 1080 with max setting on almost everything I came across.

Kaos

Windows 10 64 bit
CPU i5 6500
GPU GTX 1060 6GB
Memory 16 GB DDR4

My OS sits on an 120GB SSD and I've got a 2TB HDD along side (originally for games but now too slow with the dawn of SSD!)
You should be fine running it on 1080p on medium/high settings (which will probably still look better than the PS4 pro). I wouldn’t bother upgrading the CPU until you’re ready to upgrade your GPU (a 20x/30x range rtx card is when you’ll likely be bottle necked by it). Definitely make the SSD upgrade though, should be easy nag a 500gb/1tb one on the cheap this Black Friday.

SuperiorXI

Oh it is, it most certainly is.

But yeah 1080 without it you can literally run any card above the 1060. Up until recently I had a RX 580 in my rig and hit 1080 with max setting on almost everything I came across.
You should be fine running it on 1080p on medium/high settings (which will probably still look better than the PS4 pro). I wouldn’t bother upgrading the CPU until you’re ready to upgrade your GPU (a 20x/30x range rtx card is when you’ll likely be bottle necked by it). Definitely make the SSD upgrade though, should be easy nag a 500gb/1tb one on the cheap this Black Friday.
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep my eye open for some new parts over the Black Friday sales.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Are cameos spoilers? I want to know who to look for, but I don’t know if some would want a complete surprise.

I count 3 or 4 I anticipate and would recognize so far.

JB7

SuperiorXI

Seems a crazy cheap price & it says you can get a full refund for 30 days after release too, am I missing something? Seems a completely no lose deal :lol:

EDIT - I've been holding off because of the FPS angle to the game & was hoping there would be a trial, seems like this is basically a free stab at the game.
Pretty much no lose deal. It's DRM free so you won't have any language issues. Others have used the same technique for games that have already been released and it worked too.

I've done it and it's linked up to my UK GOG account perfectly fine, just pending release for download!

littlepeasoup

So this is definitely coming out on December the 10th ?:nervous:
Physical discs are out in the wild now. Never say never, but there would be so many copies leaking if they postponed again, which has already started happening anyway. They've shot their shot now and really need to get it out the door - hopefully with no issues!

b82REZ

Has there been any further clarification on the PS5 upgrade?

I know the most recent gameplay was PS4 Pro footage, but can we expect all the bells and whistles at launch now or is it just going to load faster and look a bit prettier until we get a full next gen patch?

I still have it preordered but I may cancel and wait until the next gen version is complete.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm just going to get the PS4 version. If there's a free upgrade to the PS5 one then great. It seems like a game you could play through multiple times anyway.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I keep reading how the base PS4 is gonna struggle badly with it. My one already sounds like a jet engine with most games so I can only imagine the strain Cyberpunk will put on it.

SuperiorXI

I keep reading how the base PS4 is gonna struggle badly with it. My one already sounds like a jet engine with most games so I can only imagine the strain Cyberpunk will put on it.
Their engine for Witcher 3 ended up very flexible, they got it to run on the Switch. These guys are talented enough to get this games to run on the PS4 but undoubtedly there will be hits to FPS and will be nowhere near the 'next gen' versions. I doubt the decision to get it to run on last gen was taken lightly, you'd hope they'd have done their due diligence.

Irwin99

I'm just going to get the PS4 version. If there's a free upgrade to the PS5 one then great. It seems like a game you could play through multiple times anyway.
That was my feeling when deciding to buy digital for the PS4. I suspect the three different lifestyle choices at the start of the game and the multiple choices (if they're anything like W3) will encourage many playthroughs. Might as well get it for the PS4, complete it and then play it on the PS5 eventually where it'll probably have a million patches too.

hubbuh

This is going to get absolutely rinsed over Christmas and I for one cannot fecking wait.

Siorac

This is going to get absolutely rinsed over Christmas and I for one cannot fecking wait.
My last working day this year will be December 9.

Safe to say I'll spend a ridiculous amount of time with this. For me, these two delays worked out perfectly.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Ps5 is meant to be arriving anytime before 15th December, suspect Astros and then this will be the only things I play on it for quite a while

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm supposed to be heading back home for two weeks at Christmas. it's making me anxious knowing I will have to push the pause button on this for that time. Unless... I bring my entire PC...

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ps5 is meant to be arriving anytime before 15th December, suspect Astros and then this will be the only things I play on it for quite a while
I’m on a very similar timeline. The only thing annoying me is I’ll have to go a week of trying to avoid all things cyberpunk. I desperately want to play on launch but I know I’m going to regret not waiting for the PS5!

P-Nut

I’m on a very similar timeline. The only thing annoying me is I’ll have to go a week of trying to avoid all things cyberpunk. I desperately want to play on launch but I know I’m going to regret not waiting for the PS5!
Yeah I'm hoping mine turns up before the 15th so I can play it earlier, luckily it's my long week in work so I wouldn't have much time to game anyways, finish not long after the 15th for Xmas so it'll be prime gametime.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
This is gonna be locked 30 on XSX/PS5 until the next gen patch right?

I'm actually happy to play it now, I don't need raytracing or anything, but I would probably wait if there's going to be a 60fps mode and at present it'd be 30fps only.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Preordered this yesterday. So ready to get stuck into this one. Surely the delays mean it should be fairly polished.

Hoof the ball

Preordered this yesterday. So ready to get stuck into this one. Surely the delays mean it should be fairly polished.
If Preview reviews are any indicator it's an RPG paradise. It's strength is its storytelling, world building, meaningful interactions and deep-rooted consequences. Things such as shooting and such are apparently quite good, but not outstanding, but again, it's a pure RPG so I'd much rather it was compelling than shallow with some superb shooting mechanics.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If Preview reviews are any indicator it's an RPG paradise. It's strength is its storytelling, world building, meaningful interactions and deep-rooted consequences. Things such as shooting and such are apparently quite good, but not outstanding, but again, it's a pure RPG so I'd much rather it was compelling than shallow with some superb shooting mechanics.
Yeah I watched a preview by someone a couple of days ago on YouTube and it was suggested you can do a whole play through without killing anyone. Not sure if I can get through the whole game doing that but we'll see. Pure RPG is my favorite kind of game though.

Redlambs

I mean I agree overall, but it doesn't have to be either/or!

The reason people are apprehensive about it is that for all the highs of Witcher 3, the gameplay was ok at best and plenty of what people consider the RPG elements were redundant (like the crafting) or flat out broken (like the levelling).

Hopefully they have learned, if this is even remotely close to Deus Ex in settings, lore and rpg elements, then I doubt we can complain :drool:

P-Nut

Yeah I watched a preview by someone a couple of days ago on YouTube and it was suggested you can do a whole play through without killing anyone. Not sure if I can get through the whole game doing that but we'll see. Pure RPG is my favorite kind of game though.
I'd love to try and give that a go after a few play throughs

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Two questions -

any Black Friday deals on this for Xbox? Guessing not but worth a try. Cheapest I've seen is £46 on ShopTo

and the steelbook version is only a fiver more - I'm not arsed about it but could it yield more resale value in say a year's time? More than a fiver obviously.

SuperiorXI

If I were to add a 2060 super to the rig what CPU would you recommend?