Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

macheda14

Still testing it? Surely covid presents the perfect opportunity for game testing. Sitting at home getting stoned playing computer games... seems like the perfect scenario. Bet its a pile of shite. Buying the samurai game now. feck em.
Testing isn’t really playing video games, it’s mind numbingly boring.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Cynically I'm wondering if they've delayed it to avoid competition with AC but surely it would wipe the floor with that.

Oh well, I might as well wait until Christmas eve and make it a Christmas game.
don’t underestimate AC games, they always sell in very healthy numbers and despite the negative reviews it’s got I expect Valhalla to be no different. It’ll sell no doubt.

Tiber

I thought this might be the first game I would play on PS5. But if it's not ready then it's better to wait than release in a broken state

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
don’t underestimate AC games, they always sell in very healthy numbers and despite the negative reviews it’s got I expect Valhalla to be no different. It’ll sell no doubt.
Valhalla will probably lead to sales purely based on its setting. Viking history and culture has obviously been of tremendous interest over the past years. Tie it in with the early days of England and then Ireland and France through the announced expansions and I wouldnt be surprised if it becomes the best selling AC in a while - especially bc some folks seem to have skipped Origins and Odyssey.

Suv666

Fecking hell. I'm fine with delays but this is just taking the piss.
Cant really blame them, cause covid and all.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Valhalla will probably lead to sales purely based on its setting. Viking history and culture has obviously been of tremendous interest over the past years. Tie it in with the early days of England and then Ireland and France through the announced expansions and I wouldnt be surprised if it becomes the best selling AC in a while - especially bc some folks seem to have skipped Origins and Odyssey.
I actually just got the platinum trophy for odyssey a few days ago and I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Valhalla is my ideal game though like you said I love the whole Viking culture so personally I’m looking forward to it. I might just wait until xmas to get cyberpunk so it should give me enough time to finish Valhalla.

Ainu

Not these days it doesn't.

I'd hazard a guess they have found a compatability issue with the new machines.
That shouldn't impact the pc release though, but I guess they wouldn't want a staggered release. Bit shit for those of us who were going for the pc version anyway.

Bojan11

ABOUT THE DELAY: "This situation is different" compared to previous changes to the deadline - the game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current gen consoles.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They've obviously done the math and realized it's more profitable for them to release it at the same time on the next gen consoles.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
They've obviously done the math and realized it's more profitable for them to release it at the same time on the next gen consoles.
I really hope this is the reason for the delay but I think this is pretty unlikely to be the case. I'd happily have seen the game get thus delay if it purely about getting the proper PS5 experience.

Shark

@NotShark
That's so fecked up, even more so during these times. Are these kids that generally send these messages or grown ass adults? Guess we'll never really know but it's mental and their lives must just revolve around playing video games.

Bojan11

More like I feel sorry for the people who buy the game on current gen because it sounds like it’s going to run like thrash.

Have they even shown anything on current gen consoles? Seems all the gameplay is from PC.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
More like I feel sorry for the people who buy the game on current gen because it sounds like it’s going to run like thrash.

Have they even shown anything on current gen consoles? Seems all the gameplay is from PC.
No they haven’t which is leading people to speculate that could be the reason for the delay. The original PlayStation 4 and Xbox (whatever) are seriously old tech now. I know mine is on its last legs! I do worry they are having performance issues.

Bojan11

So is the PS5 version out Dec 10th?
No.

It’s PS4 version but will run better on PS5. Will benefit most likely from faster loading and better frame rates. The true next gen version isn’t out until next year.

littlepeasoup

Seriously torn about whether to get this at launch or wait until the next-gen patch hits. On one hand, it'd be the perfect game to play over the holidays with a bit of extra free-time, and on the other is knowing that a probably superior version is right around the corner.

Saying that, they've not officially said yet when that next-gen patch will come out (unless they do it at the end of this current stream) and given CDPR's proclivity to delays, it could be a while - that Series X footage does look a lot smoother than the One X though without the patch.

Ahhhh. Someone make up my mind for me.

EDIT: They didn't.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Seriously torn about whether to get this at launch or wait until the next-gen patch hits. On one hand, it'd be the perfect game to play over the holidays with a bit of extra free-time, and on the other is knowing that a probably superior version is right around the corner.

Saying that, they've not officially said yet when that next-gen patch will come out (unless they do it at the end of this current stream) and given CDPR's proclivity to delays, it could be a while - that Series X footage does look a lot smoother than the One X though without the patch.

Ahhhh. Someone make up my mind for me.

EDIT: They didn't.
I’m the same as you. It’s too perfect to play over the Christmas period, but it’s a shame not to see it in its full glory. Does sound like a game with replayability though.

DavelinaJolie

If I get this I'm going to wait until the next gen patch hits. And even then I may wait for a sale.

Irwin99

I'm most likely going to play this at launch and just hope it's all working pretty well. Every other game I've pre-ordered/bought at launch this year has been disappointing so I'm hoping this will break the trend.

Bosws87

Still looks a bit crap on the latest footage, think its a hard one to top the witcher 3 and its DLC.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Who was the blonde hottie at the end?

The graphics really don't look like much of an upgrade on TW3, especially the character models, but the world looks great. I'm sure it'll be brilliant, it can never live up to the hype that's been generated but it'll still be great.

Sweet Square

Still looks a bit crap on the latest footage, think its a hard one to top the witcher 3 and its DLC.
Granted this is a massive flaw in all new sci fi films/games but cyberpunk world hardly looks like the future and more a rip off 80's dystopia. I mean the year is meant to be 2077 and it seems the dominant of music is youtube techno and hip hop.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Hoof the ball

Who was the blonde hottie at the end?

The graphics really don't look like much of an upgrade on TW3, especially the character models, but the world looks great. I'm sure it'll be brilliant, it can never live up to the hype that's been generated but it'll still be great.
Video was in 1080p wasn't it? I'll wait until I've seen the 4k upload.