Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Shark

@NotShark
Who was the blonde hottie at the end?

The graphics really don't look like much of an upgrade on TW3, especially the character models, but the world looks great. I'm sure it'll be brilliant, it can never live up to the hype that's been generated but it'll still be great.
Without the next gen upgrade it's actually really suprised me in how good it looks. Also you're not really going to see it in it's full glory on a 1080p YouTube video or whatnot.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Only read the first preview, but it seems like they made the right choice by delaying it if they can get the bugs mentioned fixed.

Irwin99

I'm cautiously optimistic skim reading these (i don't want to spoil things too much by going through every preview and article )

I just hope it's a lot of fun. I'm planning on buying it digitally on PS4. Given how big it looks and the different starting options you have I'll bet there's a lot of replay value. I presume the PS4 version will just get updated (no charge) for when I eventually get the PS5.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’d love it if they brought the next gen update forward. What’s the chances of that? How much work actually is it?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
@Redlambs you pretend to know what you’re talking about. Tell me it’s a piece of piss to do a next gen update on a brand new game
The game is already "next gen" in terms of how you plebs understand it.

It already runs in 4k, it already has ray tracing and it already has all the niceties you really don't understand.

The issue is more making sure it's balanced for the new machines. They hit a point where they had to make sure it runs as well as it can on the Boner without being embarrassing, as much as it needs to run on the X/PS5 and be flashy. The code, the graphics, the game are all there, they just need time to make sure it is tailored to work on them properly.

In Layman's terms, it's not so much about "updating" the game as it is about testing it to be the best it can be on the new machines.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

It already runs in 4k, it already has ray tracing and it already has all the niceties you really don't understand.

The issue is more making sure it's balanced for the new machines. They hit a point where they had to make sure it runs as well as it can on the Boner without being embarrassing, as much as it needs to run on the X/PS5 and be flashy. The code, the graphics, the game are all there, they just need time to make sure it is tailored to work on them properly.

In Layman's terms, it's not so much about "updating" the game as it is about testing it to be the best it can be on the new machines.
Yeah but I’m on about the actual update that’s due you loon. If it’s already done why is it taking another month?

Redlambs

The issue is more making sure it's balanced for the new machines
. They hit a point where they had to make sure it runs as well as it can on the Boner without being embarrassing, as much as it needs to run on the X/PS5 and be flashy. The code, the graphics, the game are all there, they just need time to make sure it is tailored to work on them properly.

Yeah but I’m on about the actual update that’s due you loon. If it’s already done why is it taking another month?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So the update isn’t going to affect the graphics? Is that what you’re cryptically alluding to?

Or it is and you’re just being a pain the hoop?

Either way, you’ve still not answered if that could be delivered quicker. My experienced view is that it could. They should at least work overtime through December. Call it the Christmas cru...mble

Redlambs

So the update isn’t going to affect the graphics? Is that what you’re cryptically alluding to?

Or it is and you’re just being a pain the hoop?

Either way, you’ve still not answered if that could be delivered quicker. My experienced view is that it could. They should at least work overtime through December. Call it the Christmas cru...mble
The "update" isn't about adding graphics if that is what you mean??

They are already there, the PC version will already do it.

It's more them tailoring the game to suit the machines. They keep delaying the fecking thing to suit the current gen, they then need time to make sure they make it as best as it can be on the new consoles! It's not hard to grasp, they don't need to add shiny, they need to make sure the shiny suits the machines. Dumbed enough for you?

Call it the Christmas cru...mble
The Bah hum-debug.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The "update" isn't about adding graphics if that is what you mean??

They are already there, the PC version will already do it.

It's more them tailoring the game to suit the machines. They keep delaying the fecking thing to suit the current gen, they then need time to make sure they make it as best as it can be on the new consoles! It's not hard to grasp, they don't need to add shiny, they need to make sure the shiny suits the machines. Dumbed enough for you?

The Bah hum-debug.
That’s what I figured from the start. So basically, they can bring it forward quite easily, the useless fecks.

SuperiorXI

Is it worth getting the PS4 version or are you just shooting yourself in the foot? I do worry the sacrifices they'll need to make to get it to run well.

Shark

@NotShark
Is it worth getting the PS4 version or are you just shooting yourself in the foot? I do worry the sacrifices they'll need to make to get it to run well.
I wouldn't get it on the base PS4. The pro may run it ok though.

SuperiorXI

I wouldn't get it on the base PS4. The pro may run it ok though.
Yeah I have the pro. I've also got a capable PC so not sure what to get it on...

I cover most recommended specs for PC but don't have an SSD and the processor could do with updating. Might get some new parts as opposed to the PS4 version.

Shark

@NotShark
Some gameplay footage is starting to leak out. Seen one short clip on Twitter that was apparently PS4 footage and it looked like it had no right to look that good. The delays may have just payed off in a big way for those picking it up on last gen.

Kaos

Yeah I have the pro. I've also got a capable PC so not sure what to get it on...

I cover most recommended specs for PC but don't have an SSD and the processor could do with updating. Might get some new parts as opposed to the PS4 version.
Don't be silly, games like this are designed to be played on the PC, assuming you have the rig for it.

It's not just the graphical fidelity advantage too, but the UI, controls, inventory/quest management and general customisation will likely be better on PC too. Not to mention mod support.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Don't be silly, games like this are designed to be played on the PC, assuming you have the rig for it.

It's not just the graphical fidelity advantage too, but the UI, controls, inventory/quest management and general customisation will likely be better on PC too. Not to mention mod support.
That's highly debatable, The Witcher 3 was much better with a controller in pretty much all of all those aspects. I played it on PC (twice) and used a controller for it.

Still, this is an FPS so you would hope they've better optimized the PC experience as a result.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That's highly debatable, The Witcher 3 was much better with a controller in pretty much all of all those aspects. I played it on PC (twice) and used a controller for it.

Still, this is an FPS so you would hope they've better optimized the PC experience as a result.
K&M was better for an alchemy build. *wipes Cheeto dust off glasses

Kaos

That's the key point - this is an FPS rpg, the FPS aspect of it swings it in favour of the PC IMO. Witcher being an action RPG meant it was more intuitive on a console. This looks like it'll have more complex RPG customisation options too whereas the Witcher essentially condensed it to a handful of combat styles (the third game did at least anyway).

Leg-End

It's in the wild, they can't delay this again now. I'm avoiding everything until release day now.

SuperiorXI

Think it's worth upgrading my processor? Got an i5 6500 at the moment.

Also going to get a new SSD to install the game on.

Kaos

Think it's worth upgrading my processor? Got an i5 6500 at the moment.

Also going to get a new SSD to install the game on.
What's your full rig?

And definitely yes on the SSD - thats an upgrade I would have made yesterday, irrespective of Cyberpunk :)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Unless there is something new, it's this poster that got some people heated...

Big deal?
Oh people aren't still talking about that, are they? Surely If anything this game is amazing for trans people and helping with acceptance in society. You can play as a man, women, trans etc in the character creation and its a world all about body modification. Never really understood the criticism.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is that the in-game billboard or something else?
Eyy? What are you referring too?
The SJWs at Restera are boycotting CDPR products over a tweet from a guy that was later fired and some other stuff they say was transphobic. I thought they were trying too hard to be offended but maybe I missed something.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh people aren't still talking about that, are they? Surely If anything this game is amazing for trans people and helping with acceptance in society. You can play as a man, women, trans etc in the character creation and its a world all about body modification. Never really understood the criticism.
I never understand these weirdos, well I do actually because they're just hiding their bigotry behind this. They're happy to play games as aliens, robots, animals, even a piece of bread. But a trans person crosses the line for them in terms of realism.

SuperiorXI

What's your full rig?

And definitely yes on the SSD - thats an upgrade I would have made yesterday, irrespective of Cyberpunk :)
Windows 10 64 bit
CPU i5 6500
GPU GTX 1060 6GB
Memory 16 GB DDR4

My OS sits on an 120GB SSD and I've got a 2TB HDD along side (originally for games but now too slow with the dawn of SSD!)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I never understand these weirdos, well I do actually because they're just hiding their bigotry behind this. They're happy to play games as aliens, robots, animals, even a piece of bread. But a trans person crosses the line for them in terms of realism.
Yeah agreed, if anything they should be given praise for putting more options into their character creation and effectively removing 'gender'.