Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I disagree generally because I have played pretty much every rpg and open world game as that's my genre and this is not any worse than the best out there in terms of gameplay. It does some better and some things worse.

Maybe that's expectations. I can't expect an excellent huge open world, great story, great animation, with great gameplay to the level of linear games it's just not feasible.

I know it's not feasible because I haven't seen one company able to do it. Even take two who have unlimited time and resources can't.
I just don't think you want to read and understand, as again you seem to be missing out large chunks of my posts (ignoring direct counters to boot) and then simply going with one liners that don't explain anything.

And for the last time, CDPR disagree with you just like I do. You can have low expectations all you want, but you questioned how people can't see this as great and I've gone into much more detail than anyone else would bother to to explain a different POV.

But anyway, enjoy mate. This has run it's course.

mancan92

I just don't think you want to read and understand, as again you seem to be missing out large chunks of my posts (ignoring direct counters to boot) and then simply going with one liners that don't explain anything.

And for the last time, CDPR disagree with you just like I do. You can have low expectations all you want, but you questioned how people can't see this as great and I've gone into much more detail than anyone else would bother to to explain a different POV.

But anyway, enjoy mate. This has run it's course.
I didn't question how people can't see how good the game is because people like certain genres. I said if you are comparing to other rpgs and open world games then from a gameplay standpoint it's not behind any that I have played. But also does some things far beyond most of them in other aspects. Bugs and glitches are separate in that those actually break the experience those are non negotiables and cdpr should be pushed hard of those issues.

Maybe it's that you haven't played many open world rpgs but your expectations totally out there if you believe this has bad or even mediocre gameplay overall compared to others in its genre.

Redlambs

I didn't question how people can't see how good the game is because people like certain genres. I said if you are comparing to other rpgs and open world games then from a gameplay standpoint it's not behind any that I have played. But also does some things far beyond most of them in other aspects. Bugs and glitches are separate in that those actually break the experience those are non negotiables and cdpr should be pushed hard of those issues.

Maybe it's that you haven't played many open world rpgs but your expectations totally out there if you believe this has bad or even mediocre gameplay overall compared to others in its genre.
I've played plenty. I've also explained why it's wrong to simply compare like to like and set your expectations so low.

The fact is this is doesn't have mediocre gameplay elements because they simply can't be bettered in an open world, that's complete nonsense, it's because they are half finished. A fact you continue to overlook and I really don't understand why? As surely you are going to benefit from them getting better! It's pure stubbornness at this point (just like ignoring my answer to your question about an open world with decent gameplay!) :lol:

But in any case, it's new years eve so let's now focus on that and drinking. If anything you've kinda inspired me to maybe boot up the game and see if the last patches have actually done anything!

mancan92

I've played plenty. I've also explained why it's wrong to simply compare like to like and set your expectations so low.

The fact is this is doesn't have mediocre gameplay elements because they simply can't be bettered in an open world, that's complete nonsense, it's because they are half finished. A fact you continue to overlook and I really don't understand why? As surely you are going to benefit from them getting better! It's pure stubbornness at this point (just like ignoring my answer to your question about an open world with decent gameplay!) :lol:

But in any case, it's new years eve so let's now focus on that and drinking. If anything you've kinda inspired me to maybe boot up the game and see if the last patches have actually done anything!
Difference between logically setting expectations based on experience with a genre and understanding of how game development works and just having low expectations. Expecting the last of us level of animations, graphics, gameplay and polish in probably the most dense and detailed open world with loads of narrative choices and outcomes isn't logical to me. If I one day see a company pull it off my expectations will change otherwise the things I will have huge expectations for in these games will be open world design, characters, story, conversation system, side quests and rpg elements.

But yeah happy new year let's hope we one day get the perfect game. Maybe Starfield will be that game.

Siorac

Best open world game I’ve played from a gameplay perspective is Breath of the Wild by far, shame the game was let down in other areas but there you go.

I’ve always wanted to get further into the Witcher 3 but always put it down because I find the gameplay awful.
I couldn't get into Breath of the Wild at all even though I tried it a few times. I get that it's all about complete freedom and allowing you to do whatever but I need some hook. It didn't give me any - I was supoosed to going around looking for funny-looking monsters just because. Okay, I'm here but why am I doing this? Yeah, I can kill a monster by farting in its general direction and thus setting a nearby gas field on fire but why?

Also, the weapon durability mechanic was off-puttingly bad. I have no idea how that passed QA and no one said 'hold on, this is the opposite of fun'. And of course feck cooking. Crafting is generally terrible in every game, as a rule, and this one was no exception. Except it didn't even give any pointers. Figure it out by... messing around in menus.

mancan92

I couldn't get into Breath of the Wild at all even though I tried it a few times. I get that it's all about complete freedom and allowing you to do whatever but I need some hook. It didn't give me any - I was supoosed to going around looking for funny-looking monsters just because. Okay, I'm here but why am I doing this? Yeah, I can kill a monster by farting in its general direction and thus setting a nearby gas field on fire but why?

Also, the weapon durability mechanic was off-puttingly bad. I have no idea how that passed QA and no one said 'hold on, this is the opposite of fun'. And of course feck cooking. Crafting is generally terrible in every game, as a rule, and this one was no exception. Except it didn't even give any pointers. Figure it out by... messing around in menus.
100% this is my point. There are always going to be sacrifices in open world games it just depends on what sacrifices are worth it for you. Some prefer gameplay specific games like just cause, some prefer sandbox style like gta, some prefer narrative etc.

evil_geko

Also, the weapon durability mechanic was off-puttingly bad. I have no idea how that passed QA and no one said 'hold on, this is the opposite of fun'.
This so much, if there was a mod for better weapon durability, I would enjoy BotW immensely more!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

I think we are looking at gameplay as different things, I mean more how the character moves and controls and fights, not the story or the hook which are things I also think BotW lacks. Along with that stupid weapons breaking.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Serious pet-peeve of mine in games.

Oh, you've fired a gun 40 times? That'll need repairing. Piss off.

Siorac

I think we are looking at gameplay as different things, I mean more how the character moves and controls and fights, not the story or the hook which are things I also think BotW lacks. Along with that stupid weapons breaking.
Cooking and the weapons being made of paper are very much gameplay mechanics though.

You can do some inventive and creative things in combat in BotW but the basic mechanics of how the character moves and controls I didn't think it was anything special.

Redlambs

Difference between logically setting expectations based on experience with a genre and understanding of how game development works and just having low expectations. Expecting the last of us level of animations, graphics, gameplay and polish in probably the most dense and detailed open world with loads of narrative choices and outcomes isn't logical to me. If I one day see a company pull it off my expectations will change otherwise the things I will have huge expectations for in these games will be open world design, characters, story, conversation system, side quests and rpg elements.

But yeah happy new year let's hope we one day get the perfect game. Maybe Starfield will be that game.
There's also a difference in giving a game you want to love in a genre you love a free pass because it's "open world" (which I'd argue Cyberpunk falls into numerous categories so even strictly speaking, that's wrong) and actually looking at why others disagree. Again, you've completely missed the point I'm making because you have overlooked so many parts of my posts, including a direct answer to the question you asked (then inexplicably asked again whilst quoting my very post!!!)

Also this:

100% this is my point. There are always going to be sacrifices in open world games it just depends on what sacrifices are worth it for you. Some prefer gameplay specific games like just cause, some prefer sandbox style like gta, some prefer narrative etc.
dude...seriously...isn't that what I already said to you near the start? That people get different things out of games and I'm coming at this from the gameplay angle? :lol:

And for the last time, the developers themselves clearly disagree with you, they haven't made the same excuses you seem to keep making for them, so how come you know more than them!

Mate I'm not arguing with you, I'm coming from a different angle which I clearly said and I think you've just defaulted to the opposite stance instead of actually debating. If you really want a specific list of what gameplay elements in what open world games I like, then I can provide you a long one. It doesn't change the actual point that, and I have to shout this, CDPR THEMSELVES SAY THE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS IN CYBERPUNK ARE NOT WHAT THEY feckING WANTED! They removed elements completely, toned down others, they even call one a "bug" :lol: For christ sake, at least understand the difference before you reply with the same thing over and over mate!

Let's change tact here, since I've been giving detailed answers and you haven't: You say the A.I is better than in Valhalla, I've just been watching my Mrs play that to see what you might mean...so can you explain exactly what you mean there?

Indeed. Once again people weigh in and lump everything in to one general term, it's annoying and basic as feck :lol:

Siorac

Serious pet-peeve of mine in games.

Oh, you've fired a gun 40 times? That'll need repairing. Piss off.
Yeah, I can't think of a game which was actually enhanced by a durability mechanic. I can sort of understand it in MMOs as a timesink/money sink but in single player games it's just so unnecessary. Yeah, yeah, weapons break in real life, too. I also take shits in real life but I'd prefer not to have that as gameplay mechanic.

Redlambs

Cooking and the weapons being made of paper are very much gameplay mechanics though.

You can do some inventive and creative things in combat in BotW but the basic mechanics of how the character moves and controls I didn't think it was anything special.
I don't think he said those mechanics weren't though?

Anyway I found the cooking aspect to be excellent fun, it certainly wasn't broken, it worked as planned and if even if you aren't into that, the mechanic itself can't be described as mediocre given the shear volume of things to create and find for yourself.

There's a difference between not liking a mechanic and finding a mechanic you DO like not up to scratch in a particular game. Have I explained that right?

Siorac

I don't think he said those mechanics were though?

Anyway I found the cooking aspect to be excellent fun, it certainly wasn't broken, it worked as planned and if even if you aren't into that, the mechanic itself can't be described as mediocre given the shear volume of things to create and find for yourself.

There's a difference between not liking a mechanic and finding a mechanic you DO like not up to scratch in a particular game. Have I explained that right?
Sure, I'm just not sure there's necessarily an objective measurement/criteria. I mean, yeah, it's clearly not broken in that it works as intended. I think the intended way is still shite though. Is that better than something not working as intended, thus rendering the mechanic less than fun? I dunno, maybe. If it's working as intended, there's probably a better chance that someone will be into that particular thing, I suppose.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Yeah, I can't think of a game which was actually enhanced by a durability mechanic. I can sort of understand it in MMOs as a timesink/money sink but in single player games it's just so unnecessary. Yeah, yeah, weapons break in real life, too. I also take shits in real life but I'd prefer not to have that as gameplay mechanic.
Have you played Death Stranding? Your shit and piss is converted into grenades in it.

I don't know what goes through Hideo Kojima's head.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
First thing I did in Zelda was grind some shrines and get the master sword so I didn’t have to deal with it anymore :lol:

Redlambs

Sure, I'm just not sure there's necessarily an objective measurement/criteria. I mean, yeah, it's clearly not broken in that it works as intended. I think the intended way is still shite though. Is that better than something not working as intended, thus rendering the mechanic less than fun? I dunno, maybe. If it's working as intended, there's probably a better chance that someone will be into that particular thing, I suppose.
But it's not even a comparison, you like a mechanic or you don't. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

What we were talking about here are specific gameplay mechanics and if a game does them well or not. Take fps style shooting for example: It's a mechanic I love in games and I don't even think it's that bad in Cyberpunk. Do I expect it to be the level of Tarkov? Of course not, but do I expect it to work and be functional and at least fun? Of course. Now as I said above in a detailed explanation (which was ignored), there's a reason it's not that great in CB, one they will hopefully fix. Same with the driving, same with the police, same with every single aspect.

Am I explaining it right? It's not about other games, or elements you just don't like, it's about a specific game and problems with the elements in it that you SHOULD like. I simply don't understand how someone can claim the AI is good enough, for example, because it's apparently better than some other game (classic whataboutism) ignoring that it's so broken the developer called it a bug! I love getting chased by the police in games, from Need for Speed to Driver to GTA, all with varying results...the mechanic in Cyberpunk? Do I need to even say another word?

That's the discussion. They aimed for all sorts of mechanics in this game, and failed to achieve any kind of greatness with any. They know that, we know that, and the point I was merely making was that it's fine to expect better when they clearly wanted to make it better and are still trying.

The genre someone wants to pigeon hole it into IS NOT a valid excuse for everything being mediocre at best. Forza Horizon nails the driving, Botw nails the actual combat and possibilites, hell I even like the actual fighting in the Witcher 3 (it's the sum of the parts around it I have a problem with), they all have strengths and weaknesses. Cyberpunk clearly has strengths, but it's weakness are in ALL the actual gameplay elements, even the parkour (which I used endlessly) is stripped and needs refining.

And as I've said all along, there's nothing wrong with hoping they fix it and maybe even living up to THEIR vision, not my own. I fail to see why that's such a controversial statement to make :lol:

Siorac

What we were talking about here are specific gameplay mechanics and if a game does them well or not.
Well, what I was talking about was Breath of the Wild, responding to Snowjoe. Your debate is none of my business :) I did not, for a moment, deny that the AI is less than great in Cyberpunk and that the police is straight-up broken (at this point they should just remove it as a short-term fix, honestly).

Whether a mechanic works WELL in a game is an interesting question though. There are obvious cases where it's broken, like the police in Cyberpunk. But let's stick with cooking in BotW. You enjoyed it, I hated it. What's the criteria to determine that it works well? Is it that it works as the developers intended? That you can do lots of stuff with it that fits into the rest of the gameplay?

I'm definitely not the right person to srt objective criteria to determine whether a game does crafting well, of course, as I almost always loathe it. The only game I recall enjoying crafting in was Kingdoms of Amalur and that was so long ago that I couldn't tell you why (shame the rest of the game was so average). But I'm curious what others think.

Redlambs

Well, what I was talking about was Breath of the Wild, responding to Snowjoe. Your debate is none of my business :) I did not, for a moment, deny that the AI is less than great in Cyberpunk and that the police is straight-up broken (at this point they should just remove it as a short-term fix, honestly).
This is a forum dude, I was bringing you in and explaining why we were talking about gameplay aspects and would help to explain what Snowjoe meant. It's relevant ;) :lol:

Whether a mechanic works WELL in a game is an interesting question though. There are obvious cases where it's broken, like the police in Cyberpunk. But let's stick with cooking in BotW. You enjoyed it, I hated it. What's the criteria to determine that it works well? Is it that it works as the developers intended? That you can do lots of stuff with it that fits into the rest of the gameplay?
It is interesting, and as I said it certainly partially depends on what your preference is. But also if a game does, let's say magic and it's clearly more basic and feature lacking than a game 10 years ago, shouldn't people at least rightfully be allowed to question why? And the same goes to a game that clearly has fps/driving/fighting elements, sure it can be given leeway for trying all things at once, but why should it be allowed to be terrible in every aspect?

I don't expect every game that has driving to be Gran Turismo, ever shooting game to be Halo or every fighting game to be Streetfighter. But I do expect them to be at least competent at those things otherwise I don't have fun. Which has been my point consistently, I'm a gameplay man so that would matter to me just as I completely understand when someone doesn't like Zelda for the lack of story structure for example. The difference is, I don't then start making excuses for it.

As for the cooking in BotW it's deep and works as intended, if you like it you can love it. I often dislike the crafting aspect in games, but I found at least in this it made sense to the situations you face or for just making money. At least you can experiment if you so wish. On the flip side in something like Witcher 3 it's largely irrelevant as you never need to think or experiment with creations, you can't get do that if you tried. That's the sort of difference I see.

I'm definitely not the right person to srt objective criteria to determine whether a game does crafting well, of course, as I almost always loathe it. The only game I recall enjoying crafting in was Kingdoms of Amalur and that was so long ago that I couldn't tell you why (shame the rest of the game was so average). But I'm curious what others think.
I often hate crafting, though I didn't mind the enchanting in Skyrim. The last game I actually bothered to do it properly was Morrowind I think. But different games pull it off in different ways, but there's simply no point in just adding it in as a side show with no depth, that's what gets me with stuff like Cyberpunk. None of the food matters, none of the scrap matters, building weapons is a click with no thought. For me that's tedium, and half arsed design in the guise of depth at it's finest.

Bobski

Open world games need to evolve, too many of them end up being formulaic icon chasing.

Most open world games bore me after the intial burst of exploration, Witcher 3 was different, there was something about that world that was so engaging, the simple act of traveling through the world was satisfying, the music, the rugged landscape, the weather cycles, it felt like a lived in world that was ambivalent to you. The core game-play, the combat, is mediocre to put it mildly but I have 140+ hours in that game and will happily replay it, it had so much character.

Starting Cyberpunk tonight, hope it has some of those qualities amid all the bugs.

Irwin99

What on Earth was the point of that? Anyone? Boring, boring quest line!

Siorac

Have you played Death Stranding? Your shit and piss is converted into grenades in it.

:lol: I haven't played it because it looked like the main mechanic is... balancing boxes on my back. I'll try it once it's really cheap though.

Loved the little Hideo Kojima Easter egg in Cyberpunk. So apt.

mancan92

There's also a difference in giving a game you want to love in a genre you love a free pass because it's "open world" (which I'd argue Cyberpunk falls into numerous categories so even strictly speaking, that's wrong) and actually looking at why others disagree. Again, you've completely missed the point I'm making because you have overlooked so many parts of my posts, including a direct answer to the question you asked (then inexplicably asked again whilst quoting my very post!!!)

Also this:

dude...seriously...isn't that what I already said to you near the start? That people get different things out of games and I'm coming at this from the gameplay angle? :lol:

And for the last time, the developers themselves clearly disagree with you, they haven't made the same excuses you seem to keep making for them, so how come you know more than them!

Mate I'm not arguing with you, I'm coming from a different angle which I clearly said and I think you've just defaulted to the opposite stance instead of actually debating. If you really want a specific list of what gameplay elements in what open world games I like, then I can provide you a long one. It doesn't change the actual point that, and I have to shout this, CDPR THEMSELVES SAY THE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS IN CYBERPUNK ARE NOT WHAT THEY feckING WANTED! They removed elements completely, toned down others, they even call one a "bug" :lol: For christ sake, at least understand the difference before you reply with the same thing over and over mate!

Let's change tact here, since I've been giving detailed answers and you haven't: You say the A.I is better than in Valhalla, I've just been watching my Mrs play that to see what you might mean...so can you explain exactly what you mean there?

Indeed. Once again people weigh in and lump everything in to one general term, it's annoying and basic as feck :lol:
Mate I know what you are arguing I'm telling you there is no open world game out there that doesn't have the same issues. Loads of half baked mechiacs that are never fully realised. It's just what happens since there's so much they try to cram in. CDPR are just normally a very honest developer they have always been like that and they know they will continue to work on the game for years so they can and will say there are things they aim to improve or change if possible. Whether as other developers know they will be moving on to the next project so there's no point ubisoft coming out and talking about changing the absolutely broken loot game of assassins creed vahalla for example.

I understand your point but it is a very clear symptom of open world games.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Probably the entire contents of a pharmacy every night. Babies in jars, peeing on ghosts, eating floating grubs, I'm Fragile but I'm not fragile...

Redlambs

Mate I know what you are arguing I'm telling you there is no open world game out there that doesn't have the same issues. Loads of half baked mechiacs that are never fully realised. It's just what happens since there's so much they try to cram in. CDPR are just normally a very honest developer they have always been like that and they know they will continue to work on the game for years so they can and will say there are things they aim to improve or change if possible. Whether as other developers know they will be moving on to the next project so there's no point ubisoft coming out and talking about changing the absolutely broken loot game of assassins creed vahalla for example.

I understand your point but it is a very clear symptom of open world games.
Again, a happy new year to you! Let's just hope if we get stuck indoors again, with have plenty of new games to play eh?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That line was like nails on a chalkboard.
And they kept repeating it! I thought Lah-Lee-Loo-Lay-Loh couldn't be topped but Hideo must have found a way into the fabric softener and bleach cupboard again.

Irwin99

Has anyone got the plat yet? It's hard work.

Slightly off topic, Death Stranding was brilliant I thought because it kind of played with the traditional fetch quest of open worlds. The journey, rather than the destination/plot advancement, was the focus and there was something weirdly nice about planning a route and carefully ensuring cargo was in the best shape. It shouldn't work as a game but it did. CyberPunk has a lot of the same issues of the open world genre but it's original enough to not be brought down too much by them. That being said the trophy hunting side missions are becoming a pain just like most other games of this sort.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Happy New Year, cnuts.

Edit: shit wrong thread. I've not even had a drink yet.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Game has so many faults, but I enjoy the storyline and the graft.

one issue I kind of have though, is the ability to do majority of side quests so early. I’ve not started Act 2 at all really, think it’s Ghost Town is my mission to start, yet I’m able to get to max street cred already, upgrade my cyberdeck and attachments to a fairly decent level early on in the storyline. And I still have plenty of side quests to do. Just banging out the “moderate” ones, but as I do that a good few “high” or “very high” reduce to moderate quick enough as I gain XP and level increases.

maybe it would have been nice to release them more slowly and steadily. I haven’t even bothered with the reported crimes/gang activity ones at all - so if I do those too I’d imagine I could be max level as well before Act 2 has even started. In the end you can make the storyline a piece of piss by the looks of it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

one issue I kind of have though, is the ability to do majority of side quests so early. I’ve not started Act 2 at all really, think it’s Ghost Town is my mission to start, yet I’m able to get to max street cred, upgrade my cyberdeck and attachments to a fairly decent level early on in the storyline. And I still have plenty of side quests to do. Just banging out the “moderate” ones, but as I do that a good few “high” or “very high” reduce to moderate quick enough as I gain XP and level increases.

maybe it would have been nice to release them more slowly and steadily. I haven’t even bothered with the reported crimes/gang activity ones at all - so if I do those too I’d imagine I could be max level as well before Act 2 has even started. In the end you can make the storyline a piece of piss by the looks of it.
That’s a CDPR thing rather than this game. It was the same in the Witcher 3.

caid

Its a pity missions dont scale tbh. I have about hundred gigs and other missions left but they're all low or very low difficulty.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Probably the entire contents of a pharmacy every night. Babies in jars, peeing on ghosts, eating floating grubs, I'm Fragile but I'm not fragile...
That line is just awful.

But I loved Death Stranding. Excellent game.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The qualifying races with Claire on a base console are really easy but I nearly failed two of them because the map didn’t load in time and I either went through a wall so slowed down or I hit an invisible wall.

Redlambs

one issue I kind of have though, is the ability to do majority of side quests so early. I’ve not started Act 2 at all really, think it’s Ghost Town is my mission to start, yet I’m able to get to max street cred already, upgrade my cyberdeck and attachments to a fairly decent level early on in the storyline. And I still have plenty of side quests to do. Just banging out the “moderate” ones, but as I do that a good few “high” or “very high” reduce to moderate quick enough as I gain XP and level increases.

That’s a CDPR thing rather than this game. It was the same in the Witcher 3.
never played Witcher 3. Shame though, I think they have done that wrong.
Yeah, it's one of my biggest gripes with the Witcher and obviously now this, the balancing and levelling is all wrong. It is so bad in the Witcher that even the mods couldn't fix it properly. Worse still is their idea of ramping difficulty remains simply making enemies bullet sponges, and that's it. It's all just so basic on the design front.

It was the main thing I hoped they learned from in Cyberpunk. However some seem to find fun in being stupidly over-levelled and having no challenge, so each to their own on that front I guess!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Yeah, it's one of my biggest gripes with the Witcher and obviously now this, the balancing and levelling is all wrong. It is so bad in the Witcher that even the mods couldn't fix it properly. Worse still is their idea of ramping difficulty remains simply making enemies bullet sponges, and that's it. It's all just so basic on the design front.

It was the main thing I hoped they learned from in Cyberpunk. However some seem to find fun in being stupidly over-levelled and having no challenge, so each to their own on that front I guess!
that reminds me of The Division. Loved that game - then they tried to “balance” the game and just made NPCs take truckloads more bullets.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Game has finally broken me until it is next patched. I’m fed up of having to reload missions to try and perfect them because of poor loading speeds, glitches, frame rate drops, invisible enemies, characters looking like they were created by a designer using a potato. Feck it.