Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Revan

Assumptionman
Game is still two years away...wtf?
You want a good game or not? If yes, you have to wait. Games nowadays are really big and they take time to be developed. CD Project Red already said that there are more people involved in this project than they were in The Witcher 3, and really, the real development of this started only last year, so around 3 years in development + 2 years as concept art isn't that much.

I hope they take the time and release the game when it is done. A lot of potentially great games have been ruined (or be worse than they could have) by rushing them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You want a good game or not? If yes, you have to wait. Games nowadays are really big and they take time to be developed. CD Project Red already said that there are more people involved in this project than they were in The Witcher 3, and really, the real development of this started only last year, so around 3 years in development + 2 years as concept art isn't that much.

I hope they take the time and release the game when it is done. A lot of potentially great games have been ruined (or be worse than they could have) by rushing them.
Gamers are awesome. We whine that a game takes too long to make and when it’s out we get mad at the developer for releasing an unfinished product :)

Bojan11

And CD project Red don’t have the luxury of having a publisher for this. So if they rush it and it ends up being a flop then they will take the hit financially especially as they hired a lot of people to work on this game.

I don’t see the moaning about developers currently taking their time. Not like there is a shortage of games to play currently.

Art Vandelay

They are apparently building a new engine for it too or at least an upgraded version of the one used for TW3. Red Engine 4 I think it is they are on now. Which will take time.

I'm in no rush for it, happy for them to take their time and get it right.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah I’m not particularly bothered with Red taking time with this game. They’ve only started working on this after they were done with Witcher 3 expansions.

It’s not like the Rockstar situation where I was and still am disappointed with them not putting effort into developing a new game for this generation because they don’t really have the resources to create multiple teams and they’ve already done their job delivering a proper game on PS4 and Xbox One (which will probably end up being remembered as the best game of the entire generation too).

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah I’m not particularly bothered with Red taking time with this game. They’ve only started working on this after they were done with Witcher 3 expansions.

It’s not like the Rockstar situation where I was and still am disappointed with them not putting effort into developing a new game for this generation because they don’t really have the resources to create multiple teams and they’ve already done their job delivering a proper game on PS4 and Xbox One (which will probably end up being remembered as the best game of the entire generation too).
Eh?

Red Dead Redemption is going to be released this year.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Eh?

Red Dead Redemption is going to be released this year.
Yeah five years after PS4 was released. Probably 4 more years until they produce another GTA game. Not enough from a company that delivered many good games on the previous generation and even more on the generation before. But I'm not going into that conversation again, I get that it's acceptable to invest into GTA Online and it makes so much financial sense for them to do so.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah five years after PS4 was released. Probably 4 more years until they produce another GTA game. Not enough from a company that delivered many good games on the previous generation and even more on the generation before. But I'm not going into that conversation again, I get that it's acceptable to invest into GTA Online and it makes so much financial sense for them to do so.
Is it fair to say the bigger games get, the longer they'll take to create?

Games are getting so detailed now it must be a nightmare. Apparently in Cyberpunk even the average person walking down the street will have conversation skills, that must take so so long to create.

Obviously it's a long gap, but people expect so much these days, it's not a surprise they want it as good as possible before release.

Bojan11

Some people on every bodies favourite forum after red cafe are not happy that Sikhs are taxi drivers in this. You wanna guess what forum @afrocentricity @The Bloody-Nine?

I mean we haven’t seen if there’s more than one taxi driver, which I’m pretty sure there will be.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This looks incredible. Can’t fecking wait

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looked amazing, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Nickosaur

Only watched the first mission in that apartment. Love the scummy/dingy feel to it. And clearly won't be shying away from some dark themes.

I do wonder how far away this game is from release though. There was so much hype building, have they released this to appease fans or could we actually be looking at a 2019 release?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Only watched the first mission in that apartment. Love the scummy/dingy feel to it. And clearly won't be shying away from some dark themes.

I do wonder how far away this game is from release though. There was so much hype building, have they released this to appease fans or could we actually be looking at a 2019 release?
Probably more like 2020.

DWelbz19

Did you see Night City? It looks incredible. Driving looks really good too.

I think this viewing was likely appeasement. In all honesty I don’t really understand - I know CDPR are all about great PR and keeping fans on their side but I think everyone was just being spoilt cnuts.

In terms of a release date, Q4 2019 would be an optimistic shout. I think sometime 2020 is safe. They did also say the game is ‘now playable from start to finish’ but I imagine there’s still a lot of sidequests, voice acting, assets, rendering etc. so another year and a half of polishing seems likely.

Art Vandelay

Yeah from start to finish is one thing, but from start to finish with all the sidequests fleshed out seems like an entirely different task. Especially when you consider how they pointed out how differently things can pan out.

My only gripe is I hate getting to create a character and then them having full voice over.

Drainy

No wonder Bethesda bailed out on showcasing any of their single player games before CDPR went first.

Obviously this is presentation and not the final product, but compare that to Fallout 4. Starfield has a lot to live up to and I fear for Bethesda if they don't raise their game by a lot.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They already said it's going to be a much bigger game than TW3, which was already massive, so I don't see how they can get it out in 2019.

DWelbz19

On the scale/size - I think the decision to go first person was made clearer in the demo. It's huge in a vertical sense. The Witcher 3 was a lot more horizontal. Lends itself better to first person gaming.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Slow ass moving and people talking random gibberish. I'm getting Fallout 4 vibes...
From the 2 minutes I saw while skipping through a youtube video from the stream.

Revan

Assumptionman
Looks fantastic and gives me a vibe of Deus Ex games, which is great.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
With the right optimization this could be another hit from CD-Red and it probably will. I wish they had rights to Mirror's Edge as EA's reboot was abysmal and it killed original potential probably for good.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

My body is ready for this, just take my money already, looks fantastic, kinda reminds me of Total recall, Judge Dredd and that game Max Payne I think it was. Maybe just due to the slowed down gun play. When this comes out I would think the rest of my life will be put on hold.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Did you see Night City? It looks incredible. Driving looks really good too.

I think this viewing was likely appeasement. In all honesty I don’t really understand - I know CDPR are all about great PR and keeping fans on their side but I think everyone was just being spoilt cnuts.
How do you figure that? They're the ones who released a teaser trailer back in 2013. Fans have been more than patient.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Looks incredible and the people moaning it's not 3rd person, well this games looks incredible and 1st person makes sense and I see why they chose it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I wouldn't be surprised if a third person option is announced shortly after the game is released. Evil Within 2 did it backwards recently, third person game and they released a first person option not long after release.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks like this will be the game that I finally break and upgrade my pc for. At least I have a couple of years to save for it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Same. And funnily enough the last game I upgraded my PC for was Witcher 3.
Snap! I'm still playing Witcher 3 and have finally just completed the main story and am about to start on the DLC's - I have no idea how many happy hours I have spent playing that game but it would be scary to find out.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Slow ass moving and people talking random gibberish. I'm getting Fallout 4 vibes...
From the 2 minutes I saw while skipping through a youtube video from the stream.
Looks a lot smoother and more actiony gameplay than Fallout. Possibly a little too arcadey with the guns for me, but the game looks incredible.