Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What build did you go for?

So I couldn’t put it off any longer and have finally started my fourth play though - this time with 2.1 update of course. It’s interesting how in general I’ve become someone who can’t play too much of a single game in a sitting. After an hour or two I like to switch to either doing something else or an hour of another game. But with Cyberpunk I can just lose myself in it completely - doing one more gig, one more NCPD thing or just messing about with my character / the built.

I’ve started this play through in a way that will allow me to pick any build I want to go in, even after 5-7 hours. But I’m genuinely not sure what to go for as I don’t think I’ll come back for another play though - I’m leaning towards shotguns and blades - so body, reflex and tech, dropping hacking all together.
Body and Technical (I mainly use shotgun and quickhacks in combat... and that mega powerful sniper rifle you get when you defeat one of blokes in a fist fight) with a bit of Cool and Intelligence on the side... basically ignored Reflex completely.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Body and Technical (I mainly use shotgun and quickhacks in combat... and that mega powerful sniper rifle you get when you defeat one of blokes in a fist fight) with a bit of Cool and Intelligence on the side... basically ignored Reflex completely.
So I’ve gone for a Body, Reflexes and Technical. Essentially going for a Sandevistan build focused on blades / melee / shotguns. I’m thinking at about level 40 I’ll respect into a net runner so essentially be able to get the absolute most out of the 2.0 update in one play through.

Coming back to the game, it’s just so damn good. The dialogue, atmosphere, world sound design sheer variety of builds makes it an addictive loop for me. The new skill updates are excellent too. So far, the new movement abilities are the real game changer for me - it makes melee combat so satisfying, not to mention being able to deflect gullets or use a blunt weapon to charge into multiple foes. Car combat is also good fun - in-line how they’ve integrated random chase sequences / those linked to existing gigs.

Also, I’ve realised that female V is for me V. Her voice acting is phenomenal.

amolbhatia50k

@amolbhatia50k et al.

Sequel is now in development.
Yeasss!

I’m having such a blast with 2.0 switching between play styles whenever I want
Solo - ramming into hapless baddies and doing the Quake slam
Shinobi - Using katanas and mantis to leap at enemies and performing a finisher
Tech guns - Using bolt with the Satara. For anyone who enjoys shotguns use this one - it’s wonderful.

All using Sandevistan of course.

amolbhatia50k

I would fully recommend hitting people with a phallic object.

In Cyberpunk of course.

amolbhatia50k

Started PL towards the latter stages of my 2.0 play through (got a lot of side content left) and the first 3-4 hours are absurdly good. I didn’t think the Hiest could be topped but this possibly does it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The book that heavily inspired this genre, William Gibson's cult science fiction novel Neuromancer, looks to be (finally) coming to streaming with Apple+TV.
link