Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Huh, I was really looking forward to this but those vids haven't done much for me. Guessing I'll be in the minority there.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Yesterday's trailer had the right vibes for me. And introducing Keanu like this was a brilliant move, they have certainly won the day on social media :D

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
2019 has been a bit shit so far but late 2019/early 2020 looks amazing. Death Stranding, Outer Worlds, Last of Us 2, and Cyberpunk. Oh sweet baby jeebus :drool:

Bojan11

2019 has been a bit shit so far but late 2019/early 2020 looks amazing. Death Stranding, Outer Worlds, Last of Us 2, and Cyberpunk. Oh sweet baby jeebus :drool:
Not sure about death stranding.

Hoping Nintendo have a few good games out for end of this year besides Pokemon. This year I’d say lots of games that look like 8/10 games are coming out. Choosing GOTY probably going to be tough.

Massive Spanner

Not sure about death stranding.

Hoping Nintendo have a few good games out for end of this year besides Pokemon. This year I’d say lots of games that look like 8/10 games are coming out. Choosing GOTY probably going to be tough.
Not sure either, it'll either be terrible or amazing.

I've forgotten about my Switch lately cause Nintendo haven't released anything decent yet this year. I guess Pokemon is out this year, at least.

Jacob

What's the benefit of pre-ordering a game with release date 16th of April 2020?

justboy68

Just when you thought the anticipation and hype for this game couldn't get any higher!

I just checked steam and it's already the top selling game despite not coming out for almost another year. Apparently it reached it after being on the store for 30 minutes. :lol:

Eriku

I didn’t feel like watching the post video self-congratulation, so I didn’t see the clip that announced the date, and that looked like in-game rather than pre-rendered... oh man this is going to be so good.

Jacob

Well for you none, but for them, if it's a massive pile of shit they already have your cash.
I just read up on it and it seems you get a few gimmicky items and collectibles if you pre-order. Although I trust CD Projekt to deliver a good game, I'm not parting with my monies a year in advance for cosmetic bonuses.

Marcelinho87

I just read up on it and it seems you get a few gimmicky items and collectibles if you pre-order. Although I trust CD Projekt to deliver a good game, I'm not parting with my monies a year in advance for cosmetic bonuses.
You will get them if you pre-order a week before release.

Hal9000

Please tell me this will be out on ps4?
PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

To me it looks to good for current consoles though, although it's coming to soon for the next gen. Maybe we'll see a PS4 and PS5 version.

gormless

What's the benefit of pre-ordering a game with release date 16th of April 2020?

None really. But I'm a huge Witcher fan. CDProjektRed and Rockstar are the only developers I feel confident preordering without any reviews. So I've done it, and I'll probably forget about it now until April (oh and next year early next year I am planning on a trip to Aus, so better to get it paid now, rather than have to pony up next year when i'm already broke)

Marcelinho87

PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

To me it looks to good for current consoles though, although it's coming to soon for the next gen. Maybe we'll see a PS4 and PS5 version.
From the gameplay I have seen it doesn't look much better than say Witcher 3 or the likes of Metro and I expect it to be downgraded by release again like Witcher was.

I expect it to release on this gen and then GoTY on new gen.

Balljy

I expect it to release on this gen and then GoTY on new gen.
Which makes the PC one quite interesting. Doubt they'll make people pay for the same game twice on the same hardware so the PC version may massively outperform the consoles on initial release.

Massive Spanner

PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

I think it's pretty much a given that any game released in the next year or so that's critically successful will also get a "remaster" for the next gen, same as towards the end of the PS3 and 360 life cycles.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
All PC games should massively outperform the console counterparts.

What will be interesting is if we get a GTA5 style thing where they actually make it the next gen version upfront then let the consoles catch up.

If not, the update should at least be free. Which I'd be surprised if it wasn't, or at least packaged with DLC.

pascell

Not sure yet but seems to be going by this article: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cyberpunk+ps4
PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Sounds good thanks people! I think I'll probs wait to get it on PS5, the graphics would be out of this world I'm sure.

I think the PS5 will come out November '20 and this might follow suit ready for Christmas etc.

Hal9000

All PC games should massively outperform the console counterparts.

What will be interesting is if we get a GTA5 style thing where they actually make it the next gen version upfront then let the consoles catch up.

If not, the update should at least be free. Which I'd be surprised if it wasn't, or at least packaged with DLC.
Could we see situation where it's downgraded on PS4. Given backwards compatibility is possible, playing on PS5 will launch it to it's optimised state.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Could we see situation where it's downgraded on PS4. Given backwards compatibility is possible, playing on PS5 will launch it to it's optimised state.
Oh there's no doubt the next gen version is being developed at the same time.

Downgraded is not really the right term though, more the next versions are upgraded. If that makes sense :)

Hal9000

Sounds good thanks people! I think I'll probs wait to get it on PS5, the graphics would be out of this world I'm sure.

I think the PS5 will come out November '20 and this might follow suit ready for Christmas etc.
They won't announce a next gen version and release it for a whilst after, won't want to stop people paying twice :)

Hal9000

Oh there's no doubt the next gen version is being developed at the same time.

Downgraded is not really the right term though, more the next versions are upgraded. If that makes sense :)
Aye, i was thinking more in line with the PS4 disk is capable of playing the upgraded version, but only if you put it in, but only in a PS5. Similar to some games are 'optimised for PS PRO and take a hit if played on the original PS4.

I don't know the technology, just random guessing what they could do.

Green_Red

Yea, I like to wait until I see a few reviews coming in before I part with my money. I can see why some people would want the limited edition collectables but I'm not interested in them.

Marcelinho87

Which makes the PC one quite interesting. Doubt they'll make people pay for the same game twice on the same hardware so the PC version may massively outperform the consoles on initial release.
As is usually the case, and should be considering the cost of top end hardware.

Balljy

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. There's a scenario here where the PC version is actually a next-gen game designed for PS5 and released at the same time as the PS4 version with upgraded textures etc.

It will be difficult to do otherwise unless they just release a "patch" to the PC version when the next-gen versions are released at the end of next year. Maybe a DLC for some extra money...

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Tough decision to make now with the next gen consoles coming 6 months after release. If it had been nearer the end of the year I'd have just waited for the next gen release.

Bojan11

I think it's pretty much a given that any game released in the next year or so that's critically successful will also get a "remaster" for the next gen, same as towards the end of the PS3 and 360 life cycles.
Doubt it. With both consoles being BC I see them updating the game for it rather than wasting time on another remaster. They enhanced Witcher 2 for the X.

Remasters probably will be gone next gen unless the game hasn’t already been remastered this gen. I don’t see any games from this gen being remastered. More than likely enhanced.

Massive Spanner

Doubt it. With both consoles being BC I see them updating the game for it rather than wasting time on another remaster. They enhanced Witcher 2 for the X.

Remasters probably will be gone next gen unless the game hasn’t already been remastered this gen. I don’t see any games from this gen being remastered. More than likely enhanced.
Forgot about BC actually, makes sense.

Camilo

Only a fecking fool would pre-order a computer game these days... It's a digital bloody file, not a limited production of physical media. Don't give them your money you bloody idiots.

Looks nice. Same guys that did the Witcher? Never liked that at all, couldn't get into it at all. Hopefully this is a decent game, not another movie with a brief bit of dashing between cover.

evil_geko

Only a fecking fool would pre-order a computer game these days... It's a digital bloody file, not a limited production of physical media. Don't give them your money you bloody idiots.

Looks nice. Same guys that did the Witcher? Never liked that at all, couldn't get into it at all. Hopefully this is a decent game, not another movie with a brief bit of dashing between cover.
Depends on situation and company, CDPR is one of the rare trustworthy companies out there.

Ainu

This guy gets it. No video game should be pre-ordered by anyone, ever. Doesn't matter if you trust the company, just buy it when it's released. Unless you're loaded and don't give a damn about money, I guess.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
This guy gets it. No video game should be pre-ordered by anyone, ever. Doesn't matter if you trust the company, just buy it when it's released. Unless you're loaded and don't give a damn about money, I guess.
What about if you get a discount for pre-ordering?

evil_geko

Why would you want a discount for something that might not turn out as good as you'd hoped?
Some people will buy it no matter what because they like the genre, easy as that, I love Cyberpunk setting and will buy this no matter how it turns out, I will enjoy it regardless, it is only question how much I will enjoy it.
Not everyone buys the games only based on reviews, that is stupid. I had tons of games that I loved where majority of critics shit all over it.