Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Hmm just delaying the final mission and have tried to go through as many sidequests and gigs as possible and I've played for 43 hours. Not sure how anyone can get 70 hours+ out of this apart from dallying about.
I'm at 30 hours and have over half the map to clear.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm still hyped for this game...

..on the PS5 7-8 months from now :lol:
Yeah I'll be playing it on PC but nothing beats a good schadenfreude. And at the minute is going from bad to worse for CDPR.

Smores

The average seems to be 40-70 hours depending on your playstyle which is still a far cry from the 100-150 hours they were promising.
Were they? From what I'd read they'd decided feedback on Witcher was that it was too long so were aiming for a more average length game.

I think that 100+ figure was just the tester leak wasn't it? It makes sense why that figure is so high now.

Balljy

Yeah I'll be playing it on PC but nothing beats a good schadenfreude. And at the minute is going from bad to worse for CDPR.
It's already very good on PC and looks incredible. CDPR really cocked up on the consoles (especially the base consoles) but the PC version has been pretty much fine for me.

To be fair there's some elements which seem a bit unfinished such as the AI which is a pity but it's definitely one of the best games I've ever played and a great experience. That probably makes it even sadder that they've done this to the base consoles though as the damage to their reputation is huge.

Balljy

Were they? From what I'd read they'd decided feedback on Witcher was that it was too long so were aiming for a more average length game.

I think that 100+ figure was just the tester leak wasn't it? It makes sense why that figure is so high now.
Also, it's going to be very re-playable. You can't experience everything in one play through due to the different characters and playstyles. I'm going to be pushing the higher end of 70 on my first play through I reckon.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
What's with the 'marketing sponsor' Xbox?

Anyway, I finished the game, mostly just mainlining it. It took me around 21 hours. I ran into almost no bugs and the game ran fine on Series X.

The main story is decent and at times gets interesting. I was let down by the end, though. It ends very limply. Well, at least my ending did.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I don't think they ever promised 100-150 hours
I thought they did, not the main campaign, I know they said that would be shorter, but I thought they said that with all side quests it would still be bigger than The Witcher 3? Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, it's going to be very re-playable. You can't experience everything in one play through due to the different characters and playstyles. I'm going to be pushing the higher end of 70 on my first play through I reckon.
That's another issue, though, so far to me it seems based on the 3 paths at the start that they make feck all difference apart from a few dialogue choices here or there. Weren't we promised a totally different opening segment depending on which one you pick? I'm sure later on the game gives plenty of different paths to go down but it does seem like it's not nearly as open to different playthroughs as the promised.

Balljy

I thought they did, not the main campaign, I know they said that would be shorter, but I thought they said that with all side quests it would still be bigger than The Witcher 3? Maybe I'm wrong.

That's another issue, though, so far to me it seems based on the 3 paths at the start that they make feck all difference apart from a few dialogue choices here or there. Weren't we promised a totally different opening segment depending on which one you pick? I'm sure later on the game gives plenty of different paths to go down but it does seem like it's not nearly as open to different playthroughs as the promised.
You do get a different opening? I started in an office area as I chose corpo in my playthrough. I'm sure that won't be the case for the other two.

For playthroughs I think it remains to be seen. I've seen reviews say that main missions change and get added / removed completely based on the choices you make. I can think of one decision I made that must have fundamentally changed the game as I never saw that character again and I know it was a major character in some playthroughs.

Some of the reviews say that some side quests add entire lengthy missions to the game and other choices in side quests change the decisions later in the game. I don't know about that yet though and I doubt most people have done enough playthroughs to know how far it goes yet.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Drifter

American
What's with the 'marketing sponsor' Xbox?

Anyway, I finished the game, mostly just mainlining it. It took me around 21 hours. I ran into almost no bugs and the game ran fine on Series X.

The main story is decent and at times gets interesting. I was let down by the end, though. It ends very limply. Well, at least my ending did.
If you do all the side quests, you are mean't to get different multiple endings based on what you chose to do.

Kaos

Bethesda must be bricking it with this precedence Sony have set :lol:

Though I hope it doesn't discourage developers from working on new IPs and ambitious projects. I'm growing perpetually tired of the carbon copied polished turds EA/Ubisoft/Activision release every year.

I still expect CDPR to bounce back from this, their reputation relies on them being one of the 'good guys', so I'd expect them to fix this up and probably throw in a few free DLC sweeteners.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
First time Ive ever decided to buy a multiplatform game for PC. Made the right call init.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Serves them fecking right for releasing the game in that state. Embarrassing. Feel for the Devs, being pushed as hard as they were to force an unrealistic release date and drop the game which is clearly unfinished. Must be very frustrating.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Personally don’t think the bugs are problem enough to want a refund. It’s not a mind blowing game but it’s good.

Green_Red

I submitted a request for a refund through my psn account on 11th Dec and got this response from playstation on 16th Dec.

Thank you for contacting PlayStation.

CD Projekt Red is currently working on patches and updates to fix bugs and crashes, and to improve overall gameplay experience of Cyberpunk 2077.

Please visit https://en.cdprojektred.com/ for information on any patches or updates to Cyberpunk 2077.
So they might be saying they are offering refunds but that's clearly bullshit!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I submitted a request for a refund through my psn account on 11th Dec and got this response from playstation on 16th Dec.

You submitted it before Sony’s official announcement last night so just resubmit.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I submitted a request for a refund through my psn account on 11th Dec and got this response from playstation on 16th December 2020.

The response was a few days ago. They've got a webpage up dedicated to refunds. It isn't bullshit, just means their policy wasn't to provide refunds at the time they responded to you. Try the website and you'll get the refund.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Serves them fecking right for releasing the game in that state. Embarrassing. Feel for the Devs, being pushed as hard as they were to force an unrealistic release date and drop the game which is clearly unfinished. Must be very frustrating.
They will be just as pissed off that none of the gameplay elements feels even remotely finished either. The backlash is one thing, but as you know the pride people feel when making even the small projects let alone something for 7 years is immense. To know it's been released in this state (and again, not just the bugs) will hurt. And it's such a shame as dressing aside (have you played it? Those vending machines/same bins/stalls everywhere screams rushed to feel areas), the city itself is outstanding and a real feat. There's a top game in there, but you know how this has gone down for all those years with constant bad decisions from high up, the change to next gen machines, the delays...people think 7 years is a long time, and it is, but not with an ever changing spec and target. I feel for the talent, I really do.

Personally don’t think the bugs are problem enough to want a refund. It’s not a mind blowing game but it’s good.
Yeah I've not refunded as the potential is there. I've stopped playing it now though until there's at least another couple of patches. I'd rather my experience being genuine than convincing myself to love it and I'm hoping I'll still get that.

RedDevilRoshi

After all that hype :lol:
Yep, the amount of hype it was receiving it surely had to deliver a standout game but it looks like it’s flattered to deceive. Such a broken game on the consoles from what I’ve seen and read so far.

So glad I didn’t buy this.

Bojan11

Xbox haven’t made announcement because refunds on Xbox are easier to get. You just need to go on your order page and request it. I doubt they will be removing it.

Bojan11

Should have just released it on PC. But they wanted that console cash to please investors and it’s backfired on them massively.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Xbox haven’t made announcement because refunds on Xbox are easier to get. You just need to go on your order page and request it. I doubt they will be removing it.
Microsoft are cool like that.

Revan

Assumptionman
Bethesda must be bricking it with this precedence Sony have set :lol:

Though I hope it doesn't discourage developers from working on new IPs and ambitious projects. I'm growing perpetually tired of the carbon copied polished turds EA/Ubisoft/Activision release every year.

I still expect CDPR to bounce back from this, their reputation relies on them being one of the 'good guys', so I'd expect them to fix this up and probably throw in a few free DLC sweeteners.
To be fair, Bethesda might decide to not publish their games for Sony anymore. Microsoft has been very ambiguous about it.

Hal9000

Should have just released it on PC. But they wanted that console cash to please investors and it’s backfired on them massively.
You don't spend the money they did on the license and dev to just release on PC.

The issue is publisher enforcing release dates and time crunches on devs, especially in a pandemic when most will be working from home, to meet what turned out to be an unrealistic release date.

DavelinaJolie

CDPR have made gestures in the past to their customers like the series of free mini DLC for Witcher 3 when it initially released, and GOG as a platform with the DRM free stuff is nice. But let's not forget their crunch their workers. "Good guys" is a very relative term to use for them, and with the obfuscation around this game, withholding info about base console performance, only providing PC stuff for review it's clear they were trying to hide the truth. As a business that's what they'll do I guess.

My biggest surprise is the reaction to how bad it is, as the delays and lack of stuff presented prior to launch were big neon warning signs that this was coming in hot. Glad I held off and I wi probably wait until shit is sorted out, there is a next gen upgrade, and probably a sale before I dive in.

Bojan11

You don't spend the money they did on the license and dev to just release on PC.

The issue is publisher enforcing release dates and time crunches on devs, especially in a pandemic when most will be working from home, to meet what turned out to be an unrealistic release date.
They could have released it on consoles later, when it is actually working or just bin the old consoles and release it on new ones.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

It's still not brilliant on the PC though either. I've not personally had a crash and only really cosmetic/minor gameplay bugs, but it's clearly unfinished.

The backlash would have been way less, but still there was simply no option of doing that. I think they relied a lot on goodwill, but that still doesn't explain what they were thinking with the PS4/XBone versions :houllier:

Suv666

Its impressive how a well respected studio is on the verge of going belly up in a matter of days.
Would have been better to shelf the console versions for a few months or even a year.