Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Its impressive how a well respected studio is on the verge of going belly up in a matter of days.
Would have been better to shelf the console versions for a few months or even a year.
I really hope they don't, and in fact I don't think they will.

On the one hand this is a great slap in the face to the management and money men that plague the industry, however it's unlikely them who suffers most. As always, the buck will be passed down.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Not a surprise. Further shows the PSN store removal was down to Sony, rather than CDPR's decision which is what they've been briefing.
Xbox haven’t made announcement because refunds on Xbox are easier to get. You just need to go on your order page and request it. I doubt they will be removing it.
Digital Xbox games are only eligible for a refund within 14 days of purchase, and Microsoft notes that submitting a refund request doesn’t guarantee a refund.
https://us.cnn.com/2020/12/17/cnn-underscored/how-to-get-a-refund-on-cyberpunk-2077/index.html

Heard a few people struggling to get refunds (probably due to sheer number who wanted one).

Damien

Staff
Meanwhile on Era, they're laughing over the Cyberpunk failure (which'd inevitably lead to developers being out of a job/crunching more), hoping MS acquire them as their price has plummeted, and talking about rebranding GOG

I really don't get the hard-on that forum has for billion dollar acquisitions, keeping games from other platforms.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

CDPR deserves all the backlash, and i say that as a bit of a fanboy. No matter how much i like the story, world, side quest, you just can't turn a blind eye to what a horrible launch this has been.
This is a 60$ game, and it was broken for so many people, mainly console players, but let's not pretend that the pc version is perfect either.

I feel sorry for the people who have been working a long time on this, to see all your hard work getting smacked around like this must feel bad. They clearly have very talented people at CDPR, but some of the higher ups decided that the game should be rushed out for whatever reason and it's now coming back to haunt them.

I don't believe a company, even without external testers, can look at this game before launch and say "well, this is ready for launch". Where they go from here i don't know. Hopefully the game can still be worked on and fixed with patches.
Multiplayer could be a potential cash-cow for them, and the world has so much potential, but it needs a lot of additions and fixes for it to be relevant.

Redlambs

CDPR deserves all the backlash, and i say that as a bit of a fanboy. No matter how much i like the story, world, side quest, you just can't turn a blind eye to what a horrible launch this has been.
This is a 60$ game, and it was broken for so many people, mainly console players, but let's not pretend that the pc version is perfect either.

I feel sorry for the people who have been working a long time on this, to see all your hard work getting smacked around like this must feel bad. They clearly have very talented people at CDPR, but some of the higher ups decided that the game should be rushed out for whatever reason and it's now coming back to haunt them.

I don't believe a company, even without external testers, can look at this game before launch and say "well, this is ready for launch". Where they go from here i don't know. Hopefully the game can still be worked on and fixed with patches.
Multiplayer could be a potential cash-cow for them, and the world has so much potential, but it needs a lot of additions and fixes for it to be relevant.
100% agreed.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

I don’t even get how they were licenced to release the game? Surely there are safeguards in place which prevents this stuff from happening?

Redlambs

I don’t even get how they were licenced to release the game? Surely there are safeguards in place which prevents this stuff from happening?
They "promised" Sony and MS it would be ready and that apparantly was enough.

I remember the days when they actually had quality control and you had to wait weeks, sometimes even months, for the ok to come back.

Bojan11

The only safeguard is if it doesn’t brick your PS or Xbox. Then it’s good to go.

There are games that are out on PS that are worse or as bad like Just Cause 4.

Bosws87

Bethesda would of been dead and buried if they got the same treatment :lol:

I remember the ps3 release of fallout just as bad if not worse.

Suv666

Absolutely. Its actually not getting the heat it deserves to be fair. If EA or UbiSoft released a half finished game like this, they would have been slaughtered. I've never seen a more unfinished games (haven't played it myself)
I hope they recover from this. Witcher 3 is one my favourite games of all time.

Smores

I think they'll be fine as long as they absolutely nail the PS5 update. It'll flood people back to the game.

What they'll have lost and never regain is the more casual gamer who took a punt because of the hype.

Suv666

They "promised" Sony and MS it would be ready and that apparantly was enough.

I remember the days when they actually had quality control and you had to wait weeks, sometimes even months, for the ok to come back.
I'd love to see what kind of QA methodologies are in place at CDPR. Perhaps we'll see what actually happened behind the scenes in a documentary someday. Must be a monumental feck up.

Suv666

I'm not convinced by that. It's even (quite deservedly) a headline on the BBC :lol:
That is because Sony pulled the plug on it. Which is unprecedented for a AAA title. In terms of fan backlash its not that bad.
Maybe because the PC version isnt as terrible.

Kaos

Bethesda would of been dead and buried if they got the same treatment :lol:

I remember the ps3 release of fallout just as bad if not worse.
I think Fallout 76 was the final straw where the bugs went from "oh Bethesda" memes to just gamers finally losing patience. It truly was an awful game in every sense. I also saw bugs in Fallout 4 that I originally saw in Morrowind - thats bugs they haven't bothered fixing in 13 years. For a long time they relied on modders patching their own game up, and then they had the audacity to create a monetised market for them. And that's not even going into them starting the trend for nonsense like the horse armor DLC.

I think Bethesda are pretty much in the same position as BioWare now - the once darlings of the industry revered by gamers, and now seen as somewhat of a joke and not taken seriously. Todd Howard is basically the new age Peter Molyneux with the ridiculous promises he makes on all his upcoming games.

Thats the fate that awaits CDPR if they fail to bounce back from this disaster and make amends.

Suv666

I really hope they don't, and in fact I don't think they will.

On the one hand this is a great slap in the face to the management and money men that plague the industry, however it's unlikely them who suffers most. As always, the buck will be passed down.
CDPR just announced MS wont be following Sony so yeah financially they should pull through.
Yeah heads will roll for sure. Lets just hope its the right people.

Siorac

Its actually not getting the heat it deserves to be fair.
Their share price is tanking, the game has been fecking taken off the PS store (I don't remember that ever happening before to an AAA title) - what more do you want? Angry mob with pitchforks to burn down CDPR HQ?

I venture to say that had EA or Bethesda released something in this state, they'd get less heat because well, we expect it of them. With CDPR, it's a surprise, hence the shitstorm.

Funny thing is, games can even attain cult status despite being buggy messes. New Vegas still regularly crashes at loading screens and I can only successfully load a game from the main menu about half the time so usually I start a new game and immediately load up a save from that. It's that bad, ten years after its release! And yet it's considered an all-time great RPG. So long term, Cyberpunk will be fine, I expect.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Skyrim on PS3 :lol:
YES!!!!!

That was terrible

I remember someone bought it for me as a gift. It ran, so, so, so badly. Must have been 20 fps. 15 fps. 10 fps in places. And crashing.

I just pirated it on PC. Much better game. I felt like I'd already paid for it.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
YES!!!!!

That was terrible

I remember someone bought it for me as a gift. It ran, so, so, so badly. Must have been 20 fps. 15 fps. 10 fps in places. And crashing.

You felt like you'd paid for it but you hadn't. One of the shareholders at Bethesda lost a new yacht on the back of that.

Drawfull

Another potential problem for them now is that the shitty launch has broken mainstream, which means more eyes will be on CDPR (less than stellar track record with staff and social views) and their games' content which plenty of people will similarly find offensive/sexist/misogynistic/delete as applicable.

What has been a storm in a gamers' teacup could be about to get a whole lot worse for them.

Suv666

what more do you want?
Nothing. I dont have anything against the studio, just pointing out this is fraud and should be labelled as such but most fans are letting it slide because of CDPR's clout. While Sony has taken harsh steps most gamers I've talked to are weirdly defensive about it.

rcoobc

You felt like you'd paid for it but you hadn't. One of the shareholders at Bethesda lost a new yacht on the back of that.
Not my fault they shipped a product that didn't work.

So I pirated a version of it that did work.

Drainy

YES!!!!!

That was terrible

if I remember, there was a problem with how it was coded and how that worked with the PS3 memory so the longer you played it the worse it got

Bojan11

Not my fault they shipped a product that didn't work.

So I pirated a version of it that did work.
It worked on the 360 fine, @esmufc07 played it on there.

And this is different scenario. Everyone knew beforehand the PS3 version was a mess for Skyrim because Eurogamer and others covered it. For some reason people still bought it on PS3, when they were warned not to.

Where as CDPR deliberately hid both console versions and didn’t sent out review codes for them until after launch knowing reviewers wouldn’t be able to review it. That is worse than what any crappy move Bethesda did.

Abizzz

Nothing. I dont have anything against the studio, just pointing out this is fraud and should be labelled as such but most fans are letting it slide because of CDPR's clout. While Sony has taken harsh steps most gamers I've talked to are weirdly defensive about it.
I have a couple of friends who bought it for PC and they seem to have very different experiences (they all have decent enough rigs). Quite possible the technical issues aren't that bad for some (heard Intel was better than AMD) and it's only human to defend a product they've been emotionally invested in for ages (after all, that is what hype is).

That said I do feel a bit of schadenfreude, having been told how this game would make the games I liked obsolete etc. But other studios do get things wrong occasionally too. Rockstar keeps banning people who did nothing, yet cheaters thrive. Paradox introduces launchers that make games unplayable unless you have like half an hour to load them, and EA would sacrifice a school bus of children if that meant we would halve the calender and they could release a new FIFA, NBA, etc. every 6 months without any changes. So I don't think their behaviour is quite as bad as people make out (Except for the last gen stunt, that was scummy).

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

And this is different scenario. Everyone knew beforehand the PS3 version was a mess for Skyrim because Eurogamer and others covered it. For some reason people still bought it on PS3, when they were warned not to.

Where as CDPR deliberately hid both console versions and didn’t sent out review codes for them until after launch knowing reviewers wouldn’t be able to review it. That is worse than what any crappy move Bethesda did.
I had it on PS3 but I didn’t get that far in so I don’t remember running into any issues. I just remember being pissed off with the Dark Brotherhood Quest.

rcoobc

When you say "everyone" knew it was a mess on PS3 - the average girlfriend/boyfriend/friend/mom/dad buying a birthday present didn't.

I had no clue I was getting it as it was a present from the other half.

But yes you are right, it is different.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

To add, the PS3 version of New Vegas was also unplayable. Bethesda were best avoided on the PS3.

Kaos

To add, the PS3 version of New Vegas was also unplayable. Bethesda were best avoided on the PS3.
To be fair New Vegas was developed by Obisidian, not Bethesda. Though it didn't help that Bethesda essentially forced them to rush it, using their shite engine.

Still the best modern Fallout game though IMO.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Glad Sony came to their senses.

Now that's out the way, before I go and make the same mistake...

Would the game run ok on: i5-8400, RX570 8gb, 8gb RAM? Or am I just better off waiting for ps5.
If it's any use to you I have an older system than that - GTX670, 3570k and 16GB DDR3.

Green_Red

The response was a few days ago. They've got a webpage up dedicated to refunds. It isn't bullshit, just means their policy wasn't to provide refunds at the time they responded to you. Try the website and you'll get the refund.
You submitted it before Sony’s official announcement last night so just resubmit.
Thanks lads, resubmitted!

caid

Glad Sony came to their senses.

Now that's out the way, before I go and make the same mistake...

Would the game run ok on: i5-8400, RX570 8gb, 8gb RAM? Or am I just better off waiting for ps5.
Yeah I'm getting solid enough performance on an older cpu which seems the be the main bottleneck. Having it installed on an SSD and the resolution you want to play at and so on might change things.

"but to be frank, the idea of adding 50 per cent more performance or even doubling frame-rate in Cyberpunk 2077 is a phenomenal ask for the developers. However, when the base consoles run so poorly - Xbox One especially - that is what is needed"
Doesn't sound promising. Another PS3 Skyrim thats best avoided?

Damien

Staff
If you pre-ordered the game on Xbox you might be out of luck:

Dunlop on ResetEra said:
Wasn't planning on returning but just checked and I no longer can as it says over 14 days...which is kind of messed up as it takes the date you pre-ordered into account and not the actual release date?!?!

Good to know for future purchases
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...me-now-delisted-from-psn.346450/post-54370420

Dunlop on ResetEra said:
Under their returns page, I had returned 2 other games recently (Valhalla and Control).

A few days ago it was ok (green checkmark) , now says I exceeded 14 days.

I'm not trying to return Cyberpunk as I enjoyed the game on Series X and recently beat it. This was just to answer a question if the return option was still there.

I don't normally pre-order games, I had only done Cyberpunk for the 6000 reward point promotion. But now I will pause for next time until there is confirmation on this.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...me-now-delisted-from-psn.346450/post-54372289