Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, think the only way I will ever bother is when it becomes one of the free games either in ps plus, gamepass, or whatever sonys gamepass is.

It never even looked great, even before release it looked bang average to me.
It has some quality, don't get me wrong. Though of course mostly with Raytracing enabled. But the cookie-cutter locations, textures and props ruined it (we won't talk gameplay).

You can see what it should have been though, there are moments where it both looks and play like a real something. Which makes what is there even more depressing.

Hoof the ball

They've done well to recover. The evidence of that is in the ratings on Steam, which were the harshest. Now they sit at:

Recent reviews - Very positive
All reviews - mostly positive

The recent one is key. There's a lot to love about the game, especially on PS5 and PC (w/ mods).

Redlambs

They've done well to recover. The evidence of that is in the ratings on Steam, which were the harshest. Now they sit at:

Recent reviews - Very positive
All reviews - mostly positive

The recent one is key. There's a lot to love about the game, especially on PS5 and PC (w/ mods).
Yeah, if you don't actually read those reviews. Almost every single one mentions the bugs/flaws. And it needs mods to be even reasonable.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’ve recently gone back in and cleaned up my first save. Wanted to get the platinum but couldn’t really manage it as I’d missed some things. Trying really hard to wait for the PS5 update to do playthrough two. Deffo gearing up for a melee only build next time. I still stand by it’s a brilliant game.

Redlambs

I’ve recently gone back in and cleaned up my first save. Wanted to get the platinum but couldn’t really manage it as I’d missed some things. Trying really hard to wait for the PS5 update to do playthrough two. Deffo gearing up for a melee only build next time. I still stand by it’s a brilliant game.
I've just seen you can play it in VR. Might tempt me back to retry...

Balljy

Optimized :lol: it'll still be a shit show.
It'll be OK on PS5 / Series X as the PC version has run well on higher end PC's for a while now and they'll be using that version for the "next gen update". The series S could be pretty bad still though I reckon.

Redlambs

I've just reinstalled it because I never refunded, nothing to do with this patch. On a high end PC.

Yeah. No.

The fact they outright told us that the PC version is what they wanted, and that's the benchmark should give you all a clue to how corporate and bad they are...

SuperiorXI

I still believe it can be good.
It could be, but the resources required to get it to that level may be too much for CDPR to commit. Their best bet is to fix everything and also provide a DLC on top of that which gets the hype train going again and it's whether they'll commit to something like that.

Ainu

I'm still going to play this on PC at some point, but I would've expected some more fundamental improvements by now. I can only hope the modding community have worked their magic on this game.

Shark

@NotShark
It looks hardly any different in gameplay videos. NPC's still suck, quests are still lacking imagination and variety, the city is lifeless and content is still lacking. Was expecting so much more than just some more bug fixes and visual polish.

Redlambs

It looks hardly any different in gameplay videos. NPC's still suck, quests are still lacking imagination and variety, the city is lifeless and content is still lacking. Was expecting so much more than just some more bug fixes and visual polish.
It still has the basic menu bugs it always had.

It's a shame, it really is, but as I've said over and over...it'll never be the game they promised, it'll never be fixed and it certainly will never get the dlc that magically changes any of that.

Oh, and also, don't get hopes up for the Witcher 3 "upgrade" being worth it either. They are burned out and nobody doing it gives a shit about it any more. It's fecking sad what they've become, but that's money for you.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Played few hours on PS5 ( 5 hour demo) and Ray tracing mode is solid 30fps and looks quite high resolution. Everything looks better but ray tracing is quite low res or i am not able to see that much difference from screen space reflection. But it’s finally playable at decent setting on PS5. Decent update

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It still has the basic menu bugs it always had.

It's a shame, it really is, but as I've said over and over...it'll never be the game they promised, it'll never be fixed and it certainly will never get the dlc that magically changes any of that.

Oh, and also, don't get hopes up for the Witcher 3 "upgrade" being worth it either. They are burned out and nobody doing it gives a shit about it any more. It's fecking sad what they've become, but that's money for you.
They’re like the discount fantasy version of R* at this point: outdated/poor/janky controls and combat and unimaginative missions that don’t leave space for the player to be creative in clearing the objectives.

Without those specific knocks, RDR2 would’ve been like the greatest game of all time. And I felt that same way going through Cyberpunk (though hand-on-heart it isn’t that bad of a game in a vacuum).

TrustInJanuzaj

It’s a good idea offering the free trial as a way to try and win back some consumer trust and also to get afew more playing it. I think there will be afew surprised by how much they enjoy it once they get 5 hours in.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It’s a good idea offering the free trial as a way to try and win back some consumer trust and also to get afew more playing it. I think there will be afew surprised by how much they enjoy it once they get 5 hours in.
That’s clearly what they’re counting on, I’m going to go into it with an open mind. The poor AI seems like something they might not have fixed though?

Redlambs

That’s clearly what they’re counting on, I’m going to go into it with an open mind. The poor AI seems like something they might not have fixed though?
They haven't. They haven't "fixed" any of it actually, just made the bigger issues somewhat bearable.

On controller, and with bottom level expectations going in is the way forward. The game is still a mess, but at least that way you'll find some charm and possibly even like it in plenty of ways. But it'll also depress you seeing what could and should have been.

TrustInJanuzaj

Nope I very much doubt they will ever fix that. Just go into it expecting a Bethesda game and you’ll probably enjoy it. ( if you enjoy those games!)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Remember when we were all excited about giant floppy willies? Those were the days. :(

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks like a decent update. Will wait for any issues that crop up from this update to be patched and then might actually play through it.

Balljy

What do they say?
We'll have to see how it plays out, but AI, NPC reactions and driving plus a load of fixes to the fighting mechanics which were my biggest issues.. Plus they've added apartments to buy and more character customisation. It's a huge patch though so will need a few fixes I suspect. I reckon I'll give it another play through in a couple of months.

Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes - Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt