Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Loved the aesthetic of the trailer. Glad they didn't go with the dark and drab gloomy look. Loved the bold colours they used. There was also a lot happening in that trailer. Definitely worth looking at more than once.

Revan

Assumptionman
Imagine Ciri popped up, even as a cameo? Would lose my shit...

In the books she pops up in parallel worlds, so it wouldn't even be out of lore to do so. Of course, I wouldn't want her to have a large role (I want a new Witcher with her as main character though), but popping up for a mission would be so great.

Adebesi

In the books she pops up in parallel worlds, so it wouldn't even be out of lore to do so. Of course, I wouldn't want her to have a large role (I want a new Witcher with her as main character though), but popping up for a mission would be so great.
The more I think about it the more I think it will happen, but only as a little side quest, a reference for fans to enthuse about. I dont think she will have a major role.

Revan

Assumptionman
The more I think about it the more I think it will happen, but only as a little side quest, a reference for fans to enthuse about. I dont think she will have a major role.
Hopefully so. She should not have a major role, but it would be cool to see her there for a quest. Help her to do something, that she hops back to her world and voila, everyone is happy.

Adebesi

Hopefully so. She should not have a major role, but it would be cool to see her there for a quest. Help her to do something, that she hops back to her world and voila, everyone is happy.
Exactly. It hadnt occurred to me at all but once I saw that video it was a bit of a eureka moment. Of course they will do it. Why wouldnt they? It is set up for it perfectly, fans will love it. I reckon we'll see a lot more speculation about it in the coming weeks, there has been quite a lot already from what Ive seen.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
As cool as it would be, I don't think they'll actually do it.

If she's going to be in it, the most it will be is probably her jumping in/out of a portal in the background of a cutscene or something.

Adebesi

I certainly reckon itll be a little appearance, not a major storyline or anything. But I think itll be more than that. A short side quest or something. Maybe she needs something to get back and you have to get it for her or something.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
First heard about this a couple of days ago and already I'm hyped as feck for it. Looks exactly like my type of game!

redom

The Witcher series improved leaps and bounds from game to game so if they continue that progression into this IP it would be something special.

Revan

Assumptionman
This is the most excited Ive been about a game since GTA V.
For me it is even longer. Certainly the most excited I've been for a game since Mass Effect 3. I hope I won't feel for this the same way as I felt after finished ME3.

Revan

Assumptionman
The Witcher series improved leaps and bounds from game to game so if they continue that progression into this IP it would be something special.
It is really difficult to improve from TW3. Maybe gameplay, but CD Project Red have never been big into it, and the gameplay in The Witcher games for me has always been a distraction from the plot, setting and the characters.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm a little disappointed to hear that it will be a first person game. How i envision the game in my mind, i just see a third person perspective being better suited.

Whatever, i'm sure those guys know what the hell they're doing.

redom

It is really difficult to improve from TW3. Maybe gameplay, but CD Project Red have never been big into it, and the gameplay in The Witcher games for me has always been a distraction from the plot, setting and the characters.
No doubt they've set the bar very high for themselves but with the new possibilities open to them with the new world it's exciting to think what they could achieve, we'll see I suppose.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
  • The goal is for you to not only engage with the game world, but with its inhabitants.
Hopefully that means the game will go some way to avoid the disconnect that comes with create-a-character RPGs and ‘V’ has enough to resonate with.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
  • The goal is for you to not only engage with the game world, but with its inhabitants.
Hopefully that means the game will go some way to avoid the disconnect that comes with create-a-character RPGs and ‘V’ has enough to resonate with.
Like when you're the Archmage of Winterhold, the Thane of every town in Skyrim, Harbinger of the Companions and the fecking Dragonborn but Whiterun guards still give you shit.

Anyway, the characters...

fellaini's barber

Whilst i’m sure it will be great and will still buy, I really wish it was third person
This, don't like action adventure games in first person at all, can manage it on shooters because well you just shoot stuff in front of you but with games like far cry its mostly rubbish to me

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I would have preferred first person but fair play to them for having the balls to try first person instead of just going with the safe option.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Excellent news. No resources are wasted on multiplayer during development.
Great news

feck multiplayer
Fantastic news. A real game.
It's an odd thing. If the big gaming hubs of the internet (Reddit, twitter, forums, comment sections of a lot of the news sites etc) are to be believed, everyone hates multiplayer and is dying for singleplayer games but it's still COD, Battlefield and Fifa that sells 10+ million units each year despite negligible changes to them.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's an odd thing. If the big gaming hubs of the internet (Reddit, twitter, forums, comment sections of a lot of the news sites etc) are to be believed, everyone hates multiplayer and is dying for singleplayer games but it's still COD, Battlefield and Fifa that sells 10+ million units each year despite negligible changes to them.
That's because most of the people on those sites are hardcore gamers whereas the average gamer is a casual player who laps them up.

Siorac

That's because most of the people on those sites are hardcore gamers whereas the average gamer is a casual player who laps them up.
LoL and DotA are also enormously popular and they are hardly casual games.

Multiplayer sells. Lots of people love it. I'd say that big gaming hubs of the internet reflect that as well, you just need to go to the right place. People who love single player will be out in force for a CDProjektRed game - and I'm sure a huge percentage of these gamers are like me and don't enjoy multiplayer that much.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
LoL and DotA are also enormously popular and they are hardly casual games.

Multiplayer sells. Lots of people love it. I'd say that big gaming hubs of the internet reflect that as well, you just need to go to the right place. People who love single player will be out in force for a CDProjektRed game - and I'm sure a huge percentage of these gamers are like me and don't enjoy multiplayer that much.
Casual gamers are by far the biggest market though. Sure Lol and DotA are very popular, but if you see that Candy Crush was downloaded 2.7 billion times in 5 years, well, those 36 million lol players seem like a small blip.

As far as COD, FIFA and the like doing well. They're both fun games, hating on them is just the hipster thing to do and there are few communities more elitist than the geek community.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Casual gamers are by far the biggest market though. Sure Lol and DotA are very popular, but if you see that Candy Crush was downloaded 2.7 billion times in 5 years, well, those 36 million lol players seem like a small blip.

As far as COD, FIFA and the like doing well. They're both fun games, hating on them is just the hipster thing to do and there are few communities more elitist than the geek community.
It's the fecking right thing to do in Fifa's case. I don't play COD or Battlefield (because I'm shite at those games) but Fifa deserves all the scorn it gets.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's the fecking right thing to do in Fifa's case. I don't play COD or Battlefield (because I'm shite at those games) but Fifa deserves all the scorn it gets.
I dunno, I quite like playing it with some mates and some beers.

I don’t play cod either, but I did a few years ago and it’s a fun multiplayer game. Jt’s just plagued with a thoroughly shite community.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

It's not just hipster. It's about time they put some work into it considering how much they must've made from it. There's the been same issues in career for years. They'll just tweek the gameplay so it feels a bit different, and add a selling point that's often half arsed. You just know they're saving 5 a side as one when people stop buying it as much.