Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
My word. This is going to be amazing. I'm on ResetEra and the thread over their is full of sheltered little snowflakes crying over the usage of the word "cnut".

How these people last in the real world is beyond me.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
My word. This is going to be amazing. I'm on ResetEra and the thread over their is full of sheltered little snowflakes crying over the usage of the word "cnut".

... But why?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

:lol:

That place really is something else

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
What is ResetEra? Never heard of it and can't access it at work.
Have you heard of the Neogaf forum? It's a breakaway forum made by ex members of Neogaf

They get offended over everything

Art Vandelay

I heard they were crying that the word "pussy" was mysoginist or sexist or some sort of "ist".

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Officially on the hype train now. Hope they think about VR support because that would be incredible.

Ainu

Officially on the hype train now. Hope they think about VR support because that would be incredible.
You'd need a ridiculous system to run this in VR, barely anyone could afford that. I doubt it makes commercial sense for CDPR to put any resources in VR support.

Andersons Dietician

People are the worst, ask for hyper realism then cry at the use of a bad word which has become far more main stream now a day. However the part where someone shoots out someone’s knee caps and for good measure blows someone’s head off is probably ok.
I’d imagine this game is going to be an 18 certificate to boot.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You'd need a ridiculous system to run this in VR, barely anyone could afford that. I doubt it makes commercial sense for CDPR to put any resources in VR support.
Game won't be out for a few years imo. Who knows what VR capabilities will be then... Foveated rendering would be a game changer.

Do not stall my hype! :wenger:

That slow mo speech when dude gets his legs blown off made me laugh out loud I won't lie. "Ffuuuuuucckk mmeeeee...." :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Wouldn't say i was blown away by the gameplay. It looks fine, but noting special. The world they've created however looks fecking amazing. I can't wait to explore that.

Although i'm surprised everyone at the studio wasn't fired for that joke they tweeted the other day. People, unsurprisingly, lost their shit over that.

Andersons Dietician

Wouldn't say i was blown away by the gameplay. It looks fine, but noting special. The world they've created however looks fecking amazing. I can't wait to explore that.

Although i'm surprised everyone at the studio wasn't fired for that joke they tweeted the other day. People, unsurprisingly, lost their shit over that.
Missed that what was the joke? Don’t have Twitter.

Edit: Actually scratch that just saw a YouTube video which I think had the answer. Something about “Did you just assume their gender”

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Missed that what was the joke? Don’t have Twitter.

Edit: Actually scratch that just saw a YouTube video which I think had the answer. Something about “Did you just assume their gender”
Yeah that's the one. People lost their shit for about 2 days and then promptly moved on.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Don't know why people get so heated over that shite. Saying that, I give it two days before Kotaku have an article asking why there isn't other options for the gender you can pick.

NoLogo

Looks a lot smoother and more actiony gameplay than Fallout. Possibly a little too arcadey with the guns for me, but the game looks incredible.
Actually I thought that as well. Would have preferred this to be a bit more conservative on the action elements but still I really like the vibe of this game. Although I have to say there is too much brownish colors for a cyberpunk game imo. I would have preferred a more film noir like esthetic to the world but I can live with their vision as well.

Revan

Assumptionman
Don't know why people get so heated over that shite. Saying that, I give it two days before Kotaku have an article asking why there isn't other options for the gender you can pick.
It is important to get offended nowadays.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
TBH I would prefer to play as a male character as I like to try and immerse myself into the game as much as possible.

This game looks awesome regardless though.

Whoops, just started watching the 48m gameplay footage and I see that you can pick male/female. Guess I just assumed the gender, amateur mistake.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Damn that 45 minute gameplay clip was incredible. The next game to be batshits in love with. Looks like the follow I've always wanted to the legendary Deus Ex. CDPR are fantastic.

Revan

Assumptionman
Damn that 45 minute gameplay clip was incredible. The next game to be batshits in love with. Looks like the follow I've always wanted to the legendary Deus Ex. CDPR are fantastic.
Glad to see other people having that feeling too.

Looks fantastic and gives me a vibe of Deus Ex games, which is great.
Btw, did you played the two modern Deus Ex games? They are quite good, despite not being as good as the original.

amolbhatia50k

Glad to see other people having that feeling too.

Btw, did you played the two modern Deus Ex games? They are quite good, despite not being as good as the original.
I thought HR was excellence but found the MD flat.

I do consider the original Deus Ex probably the greatest game of all time so the bar I'm referring to is up in the sky. Given Witcher 3 is also in my all time top 2-4 and in that absolute highest tier, and the trailer I've just watched, this looks like the spiritual successor in many ways to the original DE. Potential everything I want from a game. Hopefully it lives up to the hype and potential. Witcher level storytelling/world building with Deus Ex immersive sim gameplay is sort of the dream for me.

Ainu

I feel the same. I liked Human Revolution but Mankind Divided did nothing for me, despite seeming a very similar game on the surface. I don't know what it was, it just sort of bored me. My hope for Cyberpunk is that it becomes the defining sci-fi action RPG / FPS of its generation, like the original Deus Ex. None of its successors managed to achieve that in my opinion. It remains to be seen whether CDPR can write characters as good as in The Witcher without the excellent source material of Sapkowski, but they deserve the benefit of doubt.

Revan

Assumptionman
I must be one of the few who preferred Manking Divided compared to Human Revolution. It has a weaker story, but the gameplay is far superior considering that it is essentially the gameplay of Human Revolution improved, but on the other hand the game is much less repetitive. I hate repetitiveness more than anything else in video games.

Siorac

I feel the same. I liked Human Revolution but Mankind Divided did nothing for me, despite seeming a very similar game on the surface. I don't know what it was, it just sort of bored me.
It was the lack of piss filter.

(also, HR's story was actually interesting. And Sarif still had his original, highly superior, though thoroughly insane voice actor)

amolbhatia50k

I feel the same. I liked Human Revolution but Mankind Divided did nothing for me, despite seeming a very similar game on the surface. I don't know what it was, it just sort of bored me. My hope for Cyberpunk is that it becomes the defining sci-fi action RPG / FPS of its generation, like the original Deus Ex. None of its successors managed to achieve that in my opinion. It remains to be seen whether CDPR can write characters as good as in The Witcher without the excellent source material of Sapkowski, but they deserve the benefit of doubt.
Agree. MD felt very dull to me. City was cool but it lacked that sense of grandeur that you need in this genre. Felt like the entire game existed in a cyberpunk village. Plus the story wasn't very engaging.

This, though, looks special. One thing is that I hope you feel connected to the character. One reason I felt connected to JC Denton and Geralt was their sense of innocence (despite being badaases). V seems pretty aggressive/full of attitude.

Those blades though :drool:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I mean, it's CDPR. It's probably going to be 300 hours long and amazing and then have 2 expansions that are 100 hours long each that cost the same as a DLC.

amolbhatia50k

I must be one of the few who preferred Manking Divided compared to Human Revolution. It has a weaker story, but the gameplay is far superior considering that it is essentially the gameplay of Human Revolution improved, but on the other hand the game is much less repetitive. I hate repetitiveness more than anything else in video games.
I feel the immersion of these immersive sims, as they're called, is key. For some reason I felt like a child when I played HR whereas in MD I felt like a (bored) adult. In HR I felt like I was actually doing things whereas in MD I felt like I was doing tasks in a game.

I know there's nothing to suggest the gap is anywhere near that big between the two games but one of them basically stirred nothing within me. No sense of wander and intrigue.

amolbhatia50k

I mean, it's CDPR. It's probably going to be 300 hours long and amazing and then have 2 expansions that are 100 hours long each that cost the same as a DLC.
I cannot wait. What they gave gamers with the Witcher 3 in it's entirely was absolutely magnificent. A Deus Ex kinda game of that sort is friggin hard to believe.

Nickosaur

These gameplay walkthroughs are always difficult to judge, but it was certainly very impressive. It's encouraging that in the press demos (behind closed doors) the developers asked the journalists what options to take - so it wasn't all pre-planned necessarily.

I don't get hyped by games anywhere near as much as I used to, but this is looking very promising. It's exactly my type of game, a well realised world, plenty of choice and consequences, and a ton of fun to explore.

Suv666

20th April, 2020
More hyped about this than Last of Us 2 tbh.
I fecking love Keanu

Eriku

Holy shit, did not expect a release date!

Now my life’s mission is to not die until release date. Will implement a lot more bubblewrap in my wardrobe.