Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Despite this being nothing more than a rushed mess of a product I'm still looking forward to playing it on Christmas night with a belly full of kilted sausages and mulled wine.

But, god dammit. I need to stay away from the subreddit because it is highlighting so many issues. It's amazing how games like Watch Dogs and No Man's Sky got trashed for being buggy and unfinished/not being the game that was promised respectively by the same media that have given this a 90 on Metacritic. It might be a great game behind all the issues, so I guess we now find out if this studio is like Hello Games and will do their best to fix what they can, or if they're an Ubisoft and just say "sorry no time to fix that stuff we've got DLC to make haha".

Drainy

Couldn't resist and ended up buying it.

12 hours in and personally I'm really enjoying it. The atmosphere of the game and sound design are great, and I'm liking the story. Stuck to the main story until after the prologue and am now exploring more.

Reminding me a bit of my first time playing Mass Effect. I like Cyberpunk as a genre a bit more than traditional sci-fi so it may be scratching a real itch that others don't have though. Also playing on pc.

Balljy

so I guess we now find out if this studio is like Hello Games and will do their best to fix what they can, or if they're an Ubisoft and just say "sorry no time to fix that stuff we've got DLC to make haha

To be fair Witcher 3 was a bugged mess when that was released and they're still patching it 5 years later and releasing ray tracing for it soon for free. History says they will sit this through for years, not just months but we'll see. Still shouldn't have gone out in this state on consoles mind.

evil_geko

I am going stealth route and the fact that you can't retrieve the knife when you throw it bothers me, hoping it was not intended and is just a bug.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
To be fair Witcher 3 was a bugged mess when that was released and they're still patching it 5 years later and releasing ray tracing for it soon for free. History says they will sit this through for years, not just months but we'll see. Still shouldn't have gone out in this state on consoles mind.
I hope that happens, nothing to suggest it won't I guess. I feel bad for the actual development team because it seems like this was a decision made by the upper management with pressure from their shareholders.

Revan

Assumptionman
I hope that happens, nothing to suggest it won't I guess. I feel bad for the actual development team because it seems like this was a decision made by the upper management with pressure from their shareholders.
It would be ironical if that is the case considering that the stock price has gone 27% down. Tomorrow is gonna be fun, with many reports of Sony giving refunds and Sony having made a complain to CDPR, I expect it to go down tomorrow too.

Siorac

GTA 5 had same levels of hype (higher to be honest) and I'd say it definitely lived up to it. Obviously some people didn't like it, but it got a 97 metacritic and has sold 120 million copies +.
I don't think that's quite the same. With GTA V, people expected that Rockstar would do what they did plenty of times before, just even bigger and better. You knew exactly what to expect - they had a successful formula that they had been following for what, fifteen years at that point? It was always expected to be evolutionary, not revolutionary (and let's face it, revolutionary it ain't).

Cyberpunk was in a lot of ways an unknown quantity - after all, it's quite a radical departure from CDPR's customary fantasy stuff - and was hyped to be the game to end all games. Instead we got a sci-fi Witcher 3; I'm very happy with that, others might not be. But it was never going to live up to the hype. It could have come a hell of a lot closer, though, if it had been a stable, polished game at release. Which shouldn't be a big ask at all. They dropped the ball in this regard.

I'm getting deeper into Act 2 now and it's getting better and better. Lots of great quests, I bought a weird and trashy car, and pimped out my cyberware. The city is brilliant.

Bojan11

Selling a product based on false advertising is against the law in most countries isn't it? Showing trailers of "in game footage" that looks amazing only for it to look like N64 when you load it up.

https://www.gov.uk/marketing-advertising-law/regulations-that-affect-advertising

Refund policies on digital downloads:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rights-for-consumers-when-buying-digital-content#:~:text=Consumer Rights Act to give,when digital products are faulty.&text=This includes, for the first,and get a full refund.

Its not like the developers didn't have access to PS4 or Xbox One. Yet they decided to sell it knowing there were massive technical problems.

Laws will be different around the world, but I'd expect most countries protect consumers to some degree.
No idea why you quoting me before reading what I was replying to.

Green_Red

No idea why you quoting me before reading what I was replying to.
Sorry mate, I read from page 39 to 50 and was just replying to that comment in isolation. I assumed you were asking what reason would some ask for a refund.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Despite this being nothing more than a rushed mess of a product I'm still looking forward to playing it on Christmas night with a belly full of kilted sausages and mulled wine.

But, god dammit. I need to stay away from the subreddit because it is highlighting so many issues. It's amazing how games like Watch Dogs and No Man's Sky got trashed for being buggy and unfinished/not being the game that was promised respectively by the same media that have given this a 90 on Metacritic. It might be a great game behind all the issues, so I guess we now find out if this studio is like Hello Games and will do their best to fix what they can, or if they're an Ubisoft and just say "sorry no time to fix that stuff we've got DLC to make haha".
That's probably it. I'm playing it and while it's not been buggy, it is graphically toned down on the base PS4 (with a low FPS). But the actual game has been superb so far. Nothing comparable to the likes of Watch Dogs for me.

Irwin99

Played two hours with no crash on my PS4 :drool: I'm trying to play as a reasonably honorable Nomad but keep doing bad stuff :D Should save that for my Corpo run. I'm wondering how the female V would run or if it's all the same (dialogue options/romances etc)

I'm actually really liking the story and characters and world setting although I'm only at the beginning of Act 2. Just wish all the faults weren't there and the AI was better.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That's probably it. I'm playing it and while it's not been buggy, it is graphically toned down on the base PS4 (with a low FPS). But the actual game has been superb so far. Nothing comparable to the likes of Watch Dogs for me.
That's fair enough. I'm still looking forward to playing this in a week or so.

MuFc_1992

My brother was saying that this game was completely unplayable and laggy with textures popping in and out on his PC. I told him to move the game to SSD and now its totally playable and smooth.

Kaos

My brother was saying that this game was completely unplayable and laggy with textures popping in and out on his PC. I told him to move the game to SSD and now its totally playable and smooth.
Yeah I dread to imagine playing this on a standard HDD :lol:

Its actually been relatively smooth for me on PC. Had no crashes, and no gamebreaking bugs outside of a single instance where I jumped into a barbed wired fence and couldn't get out. The only semi-recurring glitch I've seen is looted item info not disappearing.

I feel for the console crowd, hopefully CDPR fix it up sharp. Behind the ugly technical horror show there's actually a fantastic experience to be had.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Behind the ugly technical horror show there's actually a fantastic experience to be had.
If we can get a decent amount of bugs sorted, next gen graphics, and improved npc or at least police behaviour, there’s a good game to be had.

Sounds like a lot but we know the next gen update is on the way and can only imagine they’re working away furiously on the bugs. NPC is the only thing up in the air. Hopefully they’ve been working on that already and it just wasn’t ready.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS

The Metacritic score is still just for the PC version. I imagine if/when e.g. the PS4 version gets reviewed it'll be considerably lower.

Bebe

Yeah I dread to imagine playing this on a standard HDD :lol:

Its actually been relatively smooth for me on PC. Had no crashes, and no gamebreaking bugs outside of a single instance where I jumped into a barbed wired fence and couldn't get out. The only semi-recurring glitch I've seen is looted item info not disappearing.

I feel for the console crowd, hopefully CDPR fix it up sharp. Behind the ugly technical horror show there's actually a fantastic experience to be had.
I'm on the high preset with a 7 year old HDD, 1060GTX 6gb, i5 3570k and it's very stable at 1080p/30fps. Not ideal of course, or anywhere close to the experience others are having. But it looks pretty good and runs better than I expected honestly.

Siorac

Bit of a lame apology that. They knew exactly what they were doing.
At least they haven't tried to spin it in any way now that the shitstorm's happening. That's appreciated in today's world.

Having said that, I agree that they had to know it runs like arse on base consoles and still released it in this state. So they have precious little goodwill now and for good reason.

Get those patches coming thick and fast.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Have read that outside of high end pcs, Stadia is the best way to play this game, anyone playing on Stadia??

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I've been playing it on easy and ignoring all the RPG parts. More fun that way!

Anyone else seen how resetera are handling this game? They won't allow any threads outside of the one big thread :lol:

b82REZ

Have read that outside of high end pcs, Stadia is the best way to play this game, anyone playing on Stadia??
It's certainly playable on PS5, and I assume XSX. A lot of people are opting for Stadia over previous gen though

Ainu

I don't get how that works either. Surely at some point you have to invest some skills points or whatever or risk falling behind the curve.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
By ignoring, I don't mean not looking at it at all. Just that on easy, non of your decisions matter too much as you can just shoot your way out of trouble.

There is nothing unusual about paying a game for the story.

Drawfull

I haven't tried PS5, but on PC with a i5-7600k and GTX1080 (I built in 2017 so almost 4 years old) it looks better and plays smoother than the Stadia '4k' version in my opinion, but I only played up to Lizzies Bar on Stadia.