Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
It’s quite surprising they didn’t even manage to get the clothing right. Obviously being a certain character you want the clothing to match, but you quickly end up looking like someone who moved to LA and lost their mind*, just because you want to be wearing the gear with the best stats.

*one of the first things I saw in LA walking down the street was a guy with no top on, sparkly leggings, and a pink cowboy hat ranting and raving in the street.
Crazy how you almost fully described my character

el3mel

I was about to start act 3 today to be surprised that it's the point of no return ? That once I start the first mission in it I'll locked from any side quests till I finish the main story. I was about 21 hours in and did a lot of side quests in this time as well. Whelp, isn't that way too damn short of a main story or am I missing something? That will mean pretty much the majority of the content is the side quests that involve the side characters ?!

caid

I was about to start act 3 today to be surprised that it's the point of no return ? That once I start the first mission in it I'll locked from any side quests till I finish the main story. I was about 21 hours in and did a lot of side quests in this time as well. Whelp, isn't that way too damn short of a main story or am I missing something? That will mean pretty much the majority of the content is the side quests that involve the side characters ?!
Your save reverts to just before starting the mission after completing it. Just stops you doing other stuff while in the last mission. Its probably a 2 hour mission maybe. Some sidequests unlock different routes through the last mission but you can finish it again after doing them.

el3mel

Your save reverts to just before starting the mission after completing it. Just stops you doing other stuff while in the last mission. Its probably a 2 hour mission maybe. Some sidequests unlock different routes through the last mission but you can finish it again after doing them.
I just decided to stop and finish all the side quest lines before approaching it in case they have an affect on the ending like The Witcher 3. Just felt weird that it's that short. I thought it will be 5 acts or something. With this the story can be wrapped up in less than 18 hours if you speed run it !

el3mel

Finished the game today. Total playtime is about 39 hours. About 20 hours from them were side quests or something. Choose the Nomads ending.

Can rate this 6 or so out of 10. Not gonna repeat my problems with the game from the shooting to driving to the mostly non innovative open world. It unfortunately had the potential to be a great game, but for the moment it's just a good one. Shame really.

I have to say the main story was quite entertaining to follow though.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

As someone who's stayed away from this due to the bad reviews it's been getting from other people, are bugs like the ones in the video above commonplace? I mean, Red Dead Redemption 2 was the most polished and detailed game I've played in a long time but even that game has compilation videos of bugs and glitches on Youtube.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

As someone who's stayed away from this due to the bad reviews it's been getting from other people, are bugs like the ones in the video above commonplace? I mean, Red Dead Redemption 2 was the most polished and detailed game I've played in a long time but even that game has compilation videos of bugs and glitches on Youtube.
Yes. Although I played it on 1.02, not 1.2, but I've heard it's still really bad. You can't really run around the city far without seeing some silly glitches.

The game itself rarely 'broke' for me on PC, though. The odd crash towards the end and I think I had to reload once or twice but that was it.

The biggest problem with the game is that it's not very good and has tonnes of cut content.

evil_geko

Depends, I have over 100 hours in the game, two playthroughs, and only glitches I had was hovering phones and hamburgers, no game breaking glitches or anything else beyond that, that was before these patches, on PC.

Irwin99

Finished the game today. Total playtime is about 39 hours. About 20 hours from them were side quests or something. Choose the Nomads ending.

Can rate this 6 or so out of 10. Not gonna repeat my problems with the game from the shooting to driving to the mostly non innovative open world. It unfortunately had the potential to be a great game, but for the moment it's just a good one. Shame really.

I have to say the main story was quite entertaining to follow though.
I'd give it that too and I don't think I'm super negative about it like a lot of people are (understandably given its problems). I am critical of a lot of open world games that feel hollow but there was something in the design of Night City that I liked. Story was a bit better than most open world dross as well.

Would like to play it again and get the platinum on the PS5 where i'm hoping it might run a bit better.

el3mel

I'd give it that too and I don't think I'm super negative about it like a lot of people are (understandably given its problems). I am critical of a lot of open world games that feel hollow but there was something in the design of Night City that I liked. Story was a bit better than most open world dross as well.

Would like to play it again and get the platinum on the PS5 where i'm hoping it might run a bit better.
The city's design itself is great. The problem is I felt the level of interaction with it is pretty lacking. It's yet another big city in which you drive from point A to point B to do a mission then go to the other mission ..etc. A little bit of interaction or creative random events with the citizens would have helped.

I agree though the main story was entertaining.

Irwin99

Decided to do another run on this now that I have a PS5 and it does look and run a lot smoother in the hour or so I've played so far. Maybe it's the patches or just the power of the PS5 but it's running reasonably well so far. Hope it lasts!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Is this worth playing yet? I bought it for PC at launch, but it was a bit too "quirky" for my taste.

el3mel

Is this worth playing yet? I bought it for PC at launch, but it was a bit too "quirky" for my taste.
Worth playing from what perspective ? If it's about performance then glitches are still plenty, and if it's about having proper RPG experience then it's not there either. :D

acnumber9

I’ve tried and there are still issues, on console anyway. The biggest problem is the game is just boring.

caid

Its worth playing for the story. Just go in with the expectation of a 6/10 game in every other regard. Dont pay more than 20 quid for it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It's still buggy as hell. Bought this on PC and randomly people will be doing T pose. In one boss fight, enemy glitched and got stuck in mid air and I just shot it down ( I was running low in ammo so that glitch saved me). Although it has become better in performance and glitches but I see more aggressive memory management which results in a lot of pop in issue despite game running on nvme ssd. DLSS performance also isn't that great, you will keep seeing random artifacts here and there especially when you are driving.

Story is interesting and has some cool moments. Plus music is top notch. So if you are ready to live with few glitches ( some of them are hilarious), it's a decent game.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think this game would've worked alot better/effective had it been role playing game much in the same vain as the recent ,and successful, Disco Elysium.

Andersons Dietician

Decided to do another run on this now that I have a PS5 and it does look and run a lot smoother in the hour or so I've played so far. Maybe it's the patches or just the power of the PS5 but it's running reasonably well so far. Hope it lasts!
I’m waiting to do the same. I know someone who had it on PS5 from launch and he said he had nowhere near the same issues I was having so I always felt last gen just wasn’t powerful enough to run it. Still haven’t been able to get my hands on a next gen yet but one of these times I’ll get lucky then I’ll give it another run through.

Irwin99

I played this again on the PS5, finally got the platinum, and I still have conflicted feelings about it. Obviously runs a hell of a lot better on next gen but it's still not as clean as it should be.

I really like the story, the characters and the feel of the world is cool but even when they fix the technical issues it will still have some fundamental problems; the cops should probably just be removed from the game at this point it's so pointless having them. At least they don't spawn right next to you now though.

I hope it gets a redemption of sorts and I hope there is DLC. It'd be a shame to dismiss it completely as there is some good stuff there and I had some good fun with it.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
See my previous posts.

There's no silver lining here. The game is never going to be what they hyped, not even close. It's not even going to ever be finished.

Witcher 3 "FREEEEE DONTCHA KNOW LOOK HERE!!!!" update then a new game reveal, that's what I'd do next if I were them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
When I got the refund I always intended to buy it again when they fixed everything but it’s never going to happen is it. Poor game really. It never felt very immersive.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Didn't No Man's Sky eventually get it right?

Maybe there's some hope here.
That had the fundamentals right though, and wasn't corporation led. They also started to fix the gameplay elements with real progress.

This one, well that soul was sold a long time ago and we all fell for it. Purely because of Witcher 3. We should all learn from this one.

caid

It'll probably take them a year just to pass certification to release it. If theres a serious redemption for the game its probably 3+ years off. The few mechanics that are there are shallow as hell and basically need to be built from the ground up to ever get past passable. Best case for this game is a flawed 7/10 game saved by a good storyline and voice acting.

el3mel

For that to happen they will have to redesign the entire gameplay from the start, because the entire RPG elements were shit, and it was supposedly this game's most advertised point.

Better to try and do a story DLC with some strong RPG elements or just shift to another game.

Cyberpunk 2 will probably be better, if it ever happened.

b82REZ

Some footage from the hack as emerged on reddit.

It's a compilation of all the bugs a few weeks before the game was released that was made by a CDPR employee and shared among the staff.

Irwin99

Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought Keanu Reeves was actually pretty decent as Johnny Silverhand (except for one or two lines hear or there). I actually liked his story and the ending was cool.

Curious to see how a DLC would work if they pick up the story after the ending.

caid

Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought Keanu Reeves was actually pretty decent as Johnny Silverhand (except for one or two lines hear or there). I actually liked his story and the ending was cool.

Curious to see how a DLC would work if they pick up the story after the ending.
I thought he was fantastic. Thought most of the voice acting was great.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeh I've said it plenty but it's getting way too harsh a treatment. It's actually a very good game with the potential to be excellent if they can just fix the bugs properly. Add in some DLC and addons and they have a brilliant game and probably one of the best RPGs I've played since Skyrim.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeh I've said it plenty but it's getting way too harsh a treatment. It's actually a very good game with the potential to be excellent if they can just fix the bugs properly. Add in some DLC and addons and they have a brilliant game and probably one of the best RPGs I've played since Skyrim.
I mean, they released it completely broken, with ridiculous bugs, and the ps4 and xbone versions were basically unplayable. They also cut an absolute tonne of content that they had promised and the game was much shorter than they said it would be. It's not a bad game per say*, when it doesn't crash, at least, but it's absolutely nothing like what was promised and therefore it definitely deserves to be treated harshly.

* It's also not a very good one. i've played almost every RPG under the sun and I found it immediately forgettable compared to many. The combat was average, the enemy AI sucked, the world was lifeless, the driving was shocking, and the main plot was a bit all over the place and overly complex. Also, your decisions had almost no bearing on anything. Oh and don't even get me started on those fecking brainhacks, ugh! The best thing about it were the side quests, really.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I mean, they released it completely broken, with ridiculous bugs, and the ps4 and xbone versions were basically unplayable. They also cut an absolute tonne of content that they had promised and the game was much shorter than they said it would be. It's not a bad game per say*, when it doesn't crash, at least, but it's absolutely nothing like what was promised and therefore it definitely deserves to be treated harshly.

* It's also not a very good one. i've played almost every RPG under the sun and I found it immediately forgettable compared to many. The combat was average, the enemy AI sucked, the world was lifeless and the main plot was a bit all over the place and overly complex. Also, your decisions had almost no meaning on anything. Oh and don't even get me started on those fecking brainhacks, ugh! The best thing about it were the side quests, really.
The performance deserves harsh treatment as do the lies, but as a video game, I'd say its probably still the best I've played in a number of years. There's critically acclaimed games like Outer Worlds, Ghost of Tsushima, even Fallout 4, which are far worse when it comes to voice acting, story, atmosphere, even gameplay on the whole. Cyberpunk is a very immersive world and game when it's working correctly, that's why the criticism is overly harsh.