Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

b82REZ

Great reply. Really adding to the discussion on the forum.

Care to refute anything I said or maybe you just want to make a post with just smilies.

You're in the minority with your opinion but apparently everyone else is wrong.

Widow

Agreed, it's much better than average, I had two thorough runs, waiting for DLCs for my third, had only several bugs that were all minor visual floating stuff, the attention to detail in a lot of areas is brilliant.

People just like to be a part of the hate mob.
So true.

Maybe it's because I never played on release or on old gem but the game is well worth playing

b82REZ

Agreed, it's much better than average, I had two thorough runs, waiting for DLCs for my third, had only several bugs that were all minor visual floating stuff, the attention to detail in a lot of areas is brilliant.

People just like to be a part of the hate mob.
Coming from you, this is truly hilarious. Your lack of self awareness is outstanding.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Care to refute anything I said or maybe you just want to make a post with just smilies.

I'm in agreement that it's average but in fairness to Widow you're the one who quoted him and started blasting on about how average it is. If he enjoyed the game and explicitly pointed out that it was just his opinion then it's not like you're going to convince him otherwise by continuously trying to drill your point home.

evil_geko

So true.

Maybe it's because I never played on release or on old gem but the game is well worth playing
Yeah, it's too bad a lot of people wont even try it because of the backlash and miss a great game.

b82REZ

I'm in agreement that it's average but in fairness to Widow you're the one who quoted him and started blasting on about how average it is. If he enjoyed the game and explicitly pointed out that it was just his opinion then it's not like you're going to convince him otherwise by continuously trying to drill your point home.
Not drilling any point home.

He quoted someone saying they're missing out. Widow is in the minority here and people are most definitely not missing out by waiting for them them fix the game.

My post was more to the people that may be on the fence, Widow's post was just starting off point for that.

Widow

Coming from you, this is truly hilarious. Your lack of self awareness is outstanding.
Nice passive aggressive response.

That's it, it was just my opinion and people will make their own mind up. It just seems to bother some that Im enjoying it, like the devs personally attacked some when they released the game.

b82REZ

Nice passive aggressive response.

That's it, it was just my opinion and people will make their own mind up. It just seems to bother you that Im enjoying it, like the devs personally attacked you when they released the game.
Nothing passive about it. I'm being very confrontational (with geko, not you). Your reply was just childish and added nothing.

Massive Spanner

Not drilling any point home.

He quoted someone saying they're missing out. Widow is in the minority here and people are most definitely not missing out by waiting for them them fix the game.

My post was more to the people that may be on the fence, Widow's post was just starting off point for that.
He thought it was amazing and told the other poster he was missing out, so what? It's up to that poster to listen to him or go by all the others (me included) who have called it average. You directly responded to Widow saying "no no it's absolutely not OK for you to tell him he's missing out" which is just ignorant.

Widow

Your reply was just childish and added nothing.
Maybe you should practice what you preach.

I accept you are not the games biggest fan, it honestly doesn't affect me playing the game. I just think it's in a place where people would enjoy it now and they could give it a go

b82REZ

He thought it was amazing and told the other poster he was missing out, so what? It's up to that poster to listen to him or go by all the others (me included) who have called it average. You directly responded to Widow saying "no no it's absolutely not OK for you to tell him he's missing out" which is just ignorant.
:lol:

I said nothing of the sort. I even acknowledged it's good he's enjoying it. But making statements like he did will lead people to buy a game that is still in an absolute state.

You've chose a very strange hill to die on here.

b82REZ

Maybe you should practice what you preach.

I accept you are not the games biggest fan, it honestly doesn't affect me playing the game. I just think it's in a place where people would enjoy it now and they could give it a go
What have I said that's childish?

You're the one telling people they're missing out by not playing it. As someone who finished the game on PS5, the game is absolutely not finished and people who are waiting are definitely doing the correct thing.

Massive Spanner

:lol:

I said nothing of the sort. I even acknowledged it's good he's enjoying it. But making statements like he did will lead people to buy a game that is still in an absolute state.

You've chose a very strange hill to die on here.
Except.. he doesn't think it's in a state and he was recommending it based on his opinion. I just don't see the point in telling people they are wrong to recommend a game to others because they enjoyed it. Aaron asked a question and he gave his personal response, simple. You directly quoted Widow rather than just responding to Aaron with your own opinion. It's a bit weird that people feel the need to go on the offensive like that when someone else's experience with a game doesn't match their own, really.

b82REZ

Except.. he doesn't think it's in a state and he was recommending it based on his opinion. I just don't see the point in telling people they are wrong to recommend a game to others because they enjoyed it. Aaron asked a question and he gave his personal response, simple. You directly quoted Widow rather than just responding to Aaron with your own opinion. It's a bit weird that people feel the need to go on the offensive like that when someone else's experience with a game doesn't match their own, really.
You're in pot.kettle.black territory here.

Balljy

It's average at best.

If they follow through on their promises (looking more and more unlikely), the PS5 upgrade should make it a bit more like the game they promised.

While it definitely runs better on new consoles, it's still a buggy mess that needed another 2 or 3 years in development.
The PS5 upgrade is as far as we know, porting the PC version with ray tracing and all the extra features such as higher density crowds over to the next gen consoles. The PC version isn't particularly buggy now and looks beautiful, so assuming that's what they're doing that shouldn't be an issue. I never got any game stopping bugs even on day 1 on PC - which I know was different to consoles.

The AI isn't any different though as far as I'm aware and hasn't yet been updated on PC patches. I guess it's possible they're waiting to change that on PC and next-gen with the update, but we'll see and hope about that I guess.

Bosws87

Beautifully crafted game from location and visuals and i actually liked the main quest line it was the usual side quests and extras which brought the game down.

Which is strange because one of the great things about The Witcher was the side quests felt fleshed out rather then your generic fetch/kill quests.

Its like they took all the good aspects of the Witcher and decided to ignore them.

The combat isn't great and little too easy, but how many RPG's have solid combat, not many.

Balljy

Beautifully crafted game from location and visuals and i actually liked the main quest line it was the usual side quests and extras which brought the game down.

Which is strange because one of the great things about The Witcher was the side quests felt fleshed out rather then your generic fetch/kill quests.

Its like they took all the good aspects of the Witcher and decided to ignore them.

The combat isn't great and little too easy, but how many RPG's have solid combat, not many.
I'd agree with that, I really enjoyed the main quest line and took the time to explore the different endings. I was lucky as I happened to save a certain character which gave me 3 of the endings to be playable form one save.

The side quests are just odd. With the amount of time the game took, you would have thought the level designers would have had time to flesh out sub-stories and interesting quests but there is none of that really. Considering the Witcher games were full of those sort of stories, it feels like a really weird decision to have the cut and paste side quests in the game.

b82REZ

The PS5 upgrade is as far as we know, porting the PC version with ray tracing and all the extra features such as higher density crowds over to the next gen consoles. The PC version isn't particularly buggy now and looks beautiful, so assuming that's what they're doing that shouldn't be an issue. I never got any game stopping bugs even on day 1 on PC - which I know was different to consoles.

The AI isn't any different though as far as I'm aware and hasn't yet been updated on PC patches. I guess it's possible they're waiting to change that on PC and next-gen with the update, but we'll see and hope about that I guess.
Not a chance it's port of the PC versions. Even the new consoles would struggle with just RT in this game.

In reality this was a PC game that shouldn't have been used as a concept for future iterations. It was pure greed that lead to the console releases and these constant delays to their "we're sorry" road map is because they're realising how difficult it is to get it running at a decent level on the new consoles, feck knows what will eventually happen to the PS4/XB1 versions.

Balljy

Not a chance it's port of the PC versions. Even the new consoles would struggle with just RT in this game.

In reality this was a PC game that shouldn't have been used as a concept for future iterations. It was pure greed that lead to the console releases and these constant delays to their "we're sorry" road map is because they're realising how difficult it is to get it running at a decent level on the new consoles, feck knows what will eventually happen to the PS4/XB1 versions.
They have already said there will be ray tracing in the updated console version and that it will use the AMD Ray Tracing update from the PC update a month or so as a base (so similar GPU's to the consoles). Agreed about the rest though.

b82REZ

They have already said there will be ray tracing in the updated console version and that it will use the AMD Ray Tracing update from the PC update a month or so as a base (so similar GPU's to the consoles). Agreed about the rest though.
It'll be massively scaled back if they use it. I imagine they'll use some RT reflections just so they can use it in the new marketing seeing as RT is the new hotness in the gaming industry.

Balljy

It'll be massively scaled back if they use it. I imagine they'll use some RT reflections just so they can use it in the new marketing seeing as RT is the new hotness in the gaming industry.
Definitely. The AMD Ray Tracing performance is way behind Nvidia in Cyberpunk. DLSS is the real differentiator in comparisons.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
CD Projekt Red has confirmed that the Cyberpunk 2077 PS5 upgrade will release at some point in the second half of this year ie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dave_MUFC

Noticed it had gone back to £14.99 on sale for the PC, so I've pulled the trigger, as I've got GeforceNow with my Shield, which can apparently run it at a good level.

Pscholes18

I've played through twice on Xbox, now going through third time on the PC. Waiting for real DLC, not that so and so has a new jacket or costume bullshit. Anyways is anyone into installing mods for this game? Any recommendations that actually make the game better??

Coxy

I've played through twice on Xbox, now going through third time on the PC. Waiting for real DLC, not that so and so has a new jacket or costume bullshit. Anyways is anyone into installing mods for this game? Any recommendations that actually make the game better??
Mate do you need it to be better if you’re playing through for the third time?! Sounds like you’re enjoying it as it is!!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Oh...gee...must.pretend.to.be.shocked...

Still, it's the right thing to do. Neither are ready, both would be heavily disappointing to anyone who expected more. I'd rather a delay than blatant bullshit from the money men again.

Smores

If they're not ready it's good that they're listening to the developers. It may actually be decent when it does come out.

I've not touched it yet but will certainly get it on its PS5 release.

AaronRedDevil

That's the best price you're gonna get. Might aswel buy it and wait for the free PS5 upgrade next year.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, wait and pick up a different game instead.
I've just seen you can play it in VR on the Quest 2/PCVR using Vorpx. Probably the only way I'll ever play it again, just to see the world scale in that.

But yeah, I'm still not holding my breath for any major fixes/patches to actually sort the game out. They've given up on a lot of what they planned, mark my words.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've just seen you can play it in VR on the Quest 2/PCVR using Vorpx. Probably the only way I'll ever play it again, just to see the world scale in that.

But yeah, I'm still not holding my breath for any major fixes/patches to actually sort the game out. They've given up on a lot of what they planned, mark my words.
Yeah, think the only way I will ever bother is when it becomes one of the free games either in ps plus, gamepass, or whatever sonys gamepass is.

It never even looked great, even before release it looked bang average to me.