Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Replaying this on ps5. Can't answer phone calls. It tells me to press D-pad down but that just rejects the call. Havn't found a solution for this. Anyone got an idea?

dinostar77

Just started playing this for the first time on my PS5. So far its been great. There was a massive patch released recently so they may have fix alot of the bugs. I'm 10 hours or so into it and so far no glitches or bugs.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Just started playing this for the first time on my PS5. So far its been great. There was a massive patch released recently so they may have fix alot of the bugs. I'm 10 hours or so into it and so far no glitches or bugs.
It's a awesome game now. I played it first on ps4 when it released and it was awful. On the 2nd playthrough with the ps5 udate and latest patch it's one of the best ever imo. My first playthrough ruiner the novelty factor though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is the city still dead?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Is the city still dead?
I booted it up at the weekend to try again, and on PC it's full of people but still very much devoid of life (and anything to look at on the streets bar the same 4 vending machines and dumpsters). And the gameplay is as mediocre as ever, and I won't get started on the pitiful A.I that has barely changed despite the patch notes :lol:

It's clearly decent for some though, so worth an attempt on heavy sale!

dinostar77

So finished this last week. Completed all the missions, side missions and gigs. I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10. Enjoyable but not the game that was originally sold to the gaming public.

I never once consumed any food or drink nor did i use the crafting menu. Maxed out my street cred and character at the level cap.

Definitely needed another year or two in development. I think i got the best ending, though i did watch through the other 6 on YouTube. Hopefully the dlc whenever it arrives will be in size of Witcher 3 Blood and Wine DLC. Interesting that the protagonist for the dlc, "Songbird" was cut from the orginal game. I think they missed a trick by not taking a leaf out of GTAs book and having multiple protagonists with different views of how they interact with the city.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wonder if I'll ever play this again? I enjoyed what I did to an extent, but it feels seriously tainted now.

AaronRedDevil

Platinum this game in February. It was a brilliant game, very rarely bugged like the release did. Can't wait for the DLC.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
For those who've played it, does Cyberpunk delve into much philosophical subject matter at all?

I find that's a hallmark of good speculative sci-fi - and certainly the best aspect of its nearest contemporary, Deus Ex - but I've not heard much about it in CP2077.

Last edited:

dinostar77

For those who've played it, does Cyberpunk delve into much philosophical subject matter at all?

I find that's a hallmark of good speculative science-fiction - and certainly the best aspect of its nearest contemporary, Deus Ex - but I've not heard much about it in CP2077.
No not really. Detriot:Become Human certainly does. Fantastic game that one. Asks alot of questions.

Ted Lasso

Is this still getting a next gen reboot? Aside from the patches and all. Seeing the DLC being next gen & PC only seems a good sign

Irwin99

I find that's a hallmark of good speculative sci-fi - and certainly the best aspect of its nearest contemporary, Deus Ex - but I've not heard much about it in CP2077.
The game is very flawed but I would say it captures a feeling of what's it like to slowly lose yourself and your identity and to not have much time left, and how are you going to 'go' as it were. I did really like that element of the game and Keanu Reeves character.

Irwin99

Is this still getting a next gen reboot? Aside from the patches and all. Seeing the DLC being next gen & PC only seems a good sign
Got to admit i was happy about that as well. The game obviously runs a hell of a lot better on PS5 than it did on the PS4 which was unforgivable in terms of the state it was released in.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Wish they'd just abandon it and move on at this stage. Technical issues aside the actual core gameplay and world weren't very well done, I wouldn't be very enticed to go back into it for a DLC at all. Certainly not like I was for The Witcher 3.

Irwin99

Wish they'd just abandon it and move on at this stage. Technical issues aside the actual core gameplay and world weren't very well done, I wouldn't be very enticed to go back into it for a DLC at all. Certainly not like I was for The Witcher 3.
To be fair, that's an extremely high bar and the best DLC I ever played. I just finished Ghost of Tsushima's DLC and it was ok, it was alright, it was fine...but I was just so damn spoilt by the WItcher 3 that almost every DLC sucks in comparison (Bloodborne's was pretty fecking good though)

Bebe

I think it does do that, but not in as overt a way as Deus Ex. The story itself poses all kinds of sci-fi questions, but its more of a character centered narrative where individuals confront the philosophical quandaries in the context of their decisions, rather than say a narrative about rulers trying to determine the best way things should run. The various ending choices are a pretty good example of what I'm trying to get at.

I guess I'd say it engages what you're talking about, but from a micro perspective rather than the macro.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Yes, it's adds a lot of weight to the philosophy of making sure you squeeze the most out of your one and only life and not waste too much of it playing overhyped piles of vaccous dung.

Agree with you over what makes for good sci fi though. CP2077 ain't it. I waited till the patch was released, i figured I'd enjoy it but crikey ...

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
This. I didn't get it until the patch, thinking that would ensure a good playthrough. Impossible to have a good playthrough when the core of the game and the world itself is so dead and lifeless. Real wasted opportunity with this one.

Looks like we'll have to wait for Starfield for a (hopefully anyroad) good sci fi RPG.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Getting this bad boy today. Super excited as it's the game I most wanted to play on the PS5. Then PS plus came out so I held off. With a 10 day break between jobs it seemed like the perfect time.

caid

Getting this bad boy today. Super excited as it's the game I most wanted to play on the PS5. Then PS plus came out so I held off. With a 10 day break between jobs it seemed like the perfect time.
Enjoy. It was fun hanging out with Keanu

dinostar77

Make sure its fully patched and you have the ps5 version. Sounds a stupid thing to say but disc is ps4 version. Ps5 free download in buried in one of the submenus aftwr the ps4 disc does its initia installation.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Game is back to crashfest after the update on pc. Heard it is stable o ps5 though.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Really? You have to wonder what state the code is in when they are consistently patching things only to introduce more bugs.
I had 0 issues up until the recent patch, but it completely broke it for me. They've not responded at all, and got good publicity about the games state just a few weeks before the patch ruined it.

Veeery annoying. Won't be buying The Witcher 4 on release, that's for sure.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I haven't played it on PS4, but for the most part people say that last gen is the worst way to play the game, so I wouldn't recommend it.
Yeah I was thinking as much. I think I'll hold off. Will hopefully pick up a PS5 before Christmas and God of War and Last of Us will be the two games I play first. I'll stick to Elden Ring new game plus for now.

Hal9000

If this worth playing now? I got it when it came out on PS4, but have up after about 3 hours after hearing the horror stories and seeing their patch plans (I thought I'd wait till it was fixed) but I've never actually picked it back up.

It's it worth the time now?