Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Lyricist

Doesn't this run on the same engine as Witcher 3? I feel like the AI in it's general behavior is exactly the same as it was in Witcher 3 and thus I doubt they're going to change anything major about it. It indeed bugs out a bit more, so I think that'll need to be adressed in patches but I wouldn't expect them to make the npcs change their general behavior much.

In all honesty though, if it was good enough for Witcher 3 to still be a great game, I think this will be fine eventually as well. It just won't match the expectations of many.
I still think that the overall story and gameplay are promising though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A real fecking shame about the state of the release because yeah, the game deserved better.
I feel like this is the case with most games to be honest. We have this possibility to do whatever we want, whereever we want, in a virtual world, but most of the time it ends up a pretty uninspiring experience. This could’ve been better with some obvious, achievable work though

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Best way to play it is definitely on a good pc.
Having seen the best graphics on a top end pc, which was apparently running 55-60fps, it would definitely make a big difference in the enjoyment of it. Hopefully next gen update gets a decent way there.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
nah it’s always been there for me. As you say though, it’s so quick that it’s easy to miss the icon
Ya probs hit the wrong key, old man x
That seems to be the case :(

Still on the plus side, my creaky back and knees are still holding out for all this rooftop parkour I'm still doing!

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Playing as a Corpo
Story wise there are some things that doesnt make sense. Jackie is dead and before dying he gives me Keanu's chip, which I think I gave to Dex. Yet somehow, Keanu is in my head. Also, don't understand why old Subaru's bodyguard is so chummy with me. As in why does he believe that I didnt kill Subaru.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Doesn't this run on the same engine as Witcher 3? I feel like the AI in it's general behavior is exactly the same as it was in Witcher 3 and thus I doubt they're going to change anything major about it. It indeed bugs out a bit more, so I think that'll need to be adressed in patches but I wouldn't expect them to make the npcs change their general behavior much.

In all honesty though, if it was good enough for Witcher 3 to still be a great game, I think this will be fine eventually as well. It just won't match the expectations of many.
I mean, horizon zero dawn has some of the stupidest worst AI I have ever seen and still manages to be a good game.

Actually, the NPCs AI is terrible, but the robot dinosaur AI seems okay. Maybe it's the uncanny valley problem. Robot dinosaurs I expect to act robotic.

Bosws87

Actually got into the proper game now after the 1st act and i really like it, i think its excellent.

The combat is really easy maybe too easy there is no challenge at all but the quests and the writing are excellent just like the witcher.

The city is incredible and it runs great on pc with a few tweaks, feels a bit like GTA in the future.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
So anyone that is currently playing this, is it worth the hype that it was receiving or is it a complete let down?

I’ve still got a big backlog of games to catch up on hence not picked it up yet.
Too early for me to say, but it can be a game of the year without living up to the hype.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just started act 2 and it’s getting really good now

Ive had no problems so far and after the patch the other days the visuals seem better on ps5 (or I’m just used to the graphics now)
Has it been crashing for you on PS5 as mine was a nightmare the last few days?

Castia

Has it been crashing for you on PS5 as mine was a nightmare the last few days?
Nah mines been fine, I‘ve played for 9 hours and zero crashes but others are having problems. I just keep regularly saving my game just in case.

C3Pique

Just done the meat factory mission early on... The graphics in the couch scene with Dum Dum / Royce were the best I have seen from the Series X console so far. Really stunning lighting.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The combat is really easy maybe too easy there is no challenge at all
It feels easy when it goes well. But when you’ve got two guys in your face who immediately chase you wherever you move to, and another two blasting at you, it can get a bit much with no proper cover system. Maybe I’m just not very good at the shooting bit.

Stactix

Playing as a Corpo
Story wise there are some things that doesnt make sense. Jackie is dead and before dying he gives me Keanu's chip, which I think I gave to Dex. Yet somehow, Keanu is in my head. Also, don't understand why old Subaru's bodyguard is so chummy with me. As in why does he believe that I didnt kill Subaru.
From what I remember it was never given to Dex because it was unstable? Only reason you come back is because the chips still in your head.
Tami whatever his name is, is the first to come in the room after Saburu dies then Yobinuru gives the bodyguard a talking down 'to remain loyal to the head of Arasaka' which is now Yobinuru

I'm guessing the bodyguard goes on the hunt for the chip, finds out about Dex. Realises V had the chip in his head when he dies and gets Dex to bring you to him, knowing you'll still be alive and possibly the only person that witnessed Saburu die.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
From what I remember it was never given to Dex because it was unstable? Only reason you come back is because the chips still in your head.
Tami whatever his name is, is the first to come in the room after Saburu dies then Yobinuru gives the bodyguard a talking down 'to remain loyal to the head of Arasaka' which is now Yobinuru

I'm guessing the bodyguard goes on the hunt for the chip, finds out about Dex. Realises V had the chip in his head when he dies and gets Dex to bring you to him, knowing you'll still be alive and possibly the only person that witnessed Saburu die.
Yeah probably.
I was still processing the death that occurred prior and wasnt paying attention to the conversation with Dex and might have missed something there.

TrustInJanuzaj

Actually got into the proper game now after the 1st act and i really like it, i think its excellent.

The combat is really easy maybe too easy there is no challenge at all but the quests and the writing are excellent just like the witcher.

The city is incredible and it runs great on pc with a few tweaks, feels a bit like GTA in the future.
Not sure about that have you faced some of the cyber psycho’s some of those are seriously hard from what I’ve faced.

TrustInJanuzaj

Nah mines been fine, I‘ve played for 9 hours and zero crashes but others are having problems. I just keep regularly saving my game just in case.
Damn that’s not great. I thought it might be a system issue. I’ve probably had 20 crashes in a 20 hour period.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Not sure about that have you faced some of the cyber psycho’s some of those are seriously hard from what I’ve faced.
Yep, I started on hard and now I'm on a side quest where the "boss" is some psycho something and it's destroying me. Normal mobs on the other hand are so far very easy.

Rake

The AMD CPU utilization fix was really massive for me. Tried it on my girl's rig with 3600 and 1660ti and from 40-50 pfs on low-mid, now we have stable 60ish frames on mid-high and that was on patch 1.03

Bosws87

Just run backwards and use an automatic weapons the melee characters never hit when you hold backwards.

evil_geko

The AMD CPU utilization fix was really massive for me. Tried it on my girl's rig with 3600 and 1660ti and from 40-50 pfs on low-mid, now we have stable 60ish frames on mid-high and that was on patch 1.03
Good to hear. Which AMD CPU do you have? It did basically nothing on my R5 2600x.

rcoobc

he future.
I'm the opposite I am finding it hard, but then I'm playing with a controller on Stadia. Which is probably the same as playing with a controller on PC

Doesn't seem like there is any aim-assist. I'm quite enjoying it. It's tough but enjoyable.

Stactix

Stumbled upon a few really good side quests which definetly gave you some decisions to make, I'm not sure what the ramifications are yet but I've now got more quests with two of the parties involved so imagine it may develop further.

rcoobc

Also this man is right the AI of are terrible

TrustInJanuzaj

Just run backwards and use an automatic weapons the melee characters never hit when you hold backwards.
That’s fine until you get stuck on a box and they batter you in two hits. I do find them fun though, some of the more unique enemies In the game so far.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
No game will ever live up to the hype this game has had. It's impossible.
GTA 5 had same levels of hype (higher to be honest) and I'd say it definitely lived up to it. Obviously some people didn't like it, but it got a 97 metacritic and has sold 120 million copies +.

TrustInJanuzaj

I have to say I’m starting to feel pretty strong though now. I’ve got a nice mix of weapons. An assault rifle for general fighting combined with an amazing charge rifle which just seems to insta kill most enemies with a headshot, oh and it can shoot through walls! Then my mantis blades for up close combat. My final slot I’m still undecided, currently have a shotgun which seems decent but wouldn’t mind a pistol/revolver if I can find a good one.

TrustInJanuzaj

GTA 5 had same levels of hype (higher to be honest) and I'd say it definitely lived up to it. Obviously some people didn't like it, but it got a 97 metacritic and has sold 120 million copies +.
I would say this is far better than GTA 5 though from what I’ve played.

Alock1

The game definitely improves when you finish the prologue, I would recommend anybody starting out to pretty much main line it until then.

All my criticisms remain even after that point, but it has pulled me in with the story after ramping things up to 100. The overall story and all the strands I still couldn't really tell you what was happening, but I could give 2-3 sentences on what the overall sitch is which is something

Alock1

I have to say I’m starting to feel pretty strong though now. I’ve got a nice mix of weapons. An assault rifle for general fighting combined with an amazing charge rifle which just seems to insta kill most enemies with a headshot, oh and it can shoot through walls! Then my mantis blades for up close combat. My final slot I’m still undecided, currently have a shotgun which seems decent but wouldn’t mind a pistol/revolver if I can find a good one.
How far in are you?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
My housemates copy on fat PS4 is now crashing every time he goes to continue his game, had to roll back to a previous save to get into the play

Edit: spoke to soon, it let him play for about 3 minutes before crashing after loading instead of continuing