Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
See above. Not a big RPG guy. I did the same for the witcher. I'm just enjoying the world and the story.
So, you're role playing ?
The minute you assume control of the character is the moment you're role playing. Whether you're keeping to the games narrative or going free-style and jumping off cliffs, you're still role playing because that's the game.

Revan

Assumptionman
CDPR's stock has fallen a further 16% today. Since the game was launched the stock went from 400+ to 270, despite the game having one of the best launches ever (and the best day 1 launch for PC games).

Why the feck CDPR thought that releasing a half-baked game is actually going to be a good idea?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I just find it amazing that the higher-ups at CDPR wanted to release the game much earlier. :lol:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
So, you're role playing ?
The minute you assume control of the character is the moment you're role playing. Whether you're keeping to the games narrative or going free-style and jumping off cliffs, you're still role playing because that's the game.
Well, sure, but isn't that almost every game?!

I'm playing it while trying to interact with the systems as little as possible.

stepic

CDPR's stock has fallen a further 16% today. Since the game was launched the stock went from 400+ to 270, despite the game having one of the best launches ever (and the best day 1 launch for PC games).

Why the feck CDPR thought that releasing a half-baked game is actually going to be a good idea?
completely out of touch senior management by the sounds of it

Revan

Assumptionman
completely out of touch senior management by the sounds of it
They've become a corporation. From the company that cared about games and their players to the corporation that cares only about the money.

We saw it happening with BioWare when EA bought them. Just history repeating itself.

Leg-End

When they delayed it again I think most people that were looking forward to this assumed it was to iron out the wrinkles, I don't think anyone could have predicted what we have actually ended up with.

This game really is the definition of over promising and under delivering. I just don't even see any of The Witcher 3 DNA in this game, everything that made that world interesting is just missing, I'm baffled its even the same developers.

It can look great at times and total shit the next, but all of it feels like a modded up version of a game from 2001. The AI is laughable or non-existent, there is no in-between, the subreddit is actually amazing for this game just to see how vast and varied the bugs are, it's impressive and some of them are genuinely laugh out loud funny.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm surprised that I've run into zero bugs (apart from T). It runs fine and looks ok for me. I'm using quality mode on Series X. It's only 30fps, though.

Bosws87

This thread sure shows how widely peoples expectations are of performance/graphics.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
This thread sure shows how widely peoples expectations are of performance/graphics.
some of the graphics I’m seeing on the PS4 watching my housemate genuinely wouldn’t look out of place on the PS3 and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect better than that

Bosws87

some of the graphics I’m seeing on the PS4 watching my housemate genuinely wouldn’t look out of place on the PS3 and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect better than that
I'm in your boat its disgraceful the console version no matter if its a series X/PS5 or PS4/One, but some people don't mind it and feel its in a playable state.

It's just interesting to see the wide difference in peoples expectations.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
CDPR are just as bad as them now, if not worse.

When is the last time EA released a shìtshow on the level of this?
Andromeda probably?

And I'm not even sure that was this buggy on launch, but it unfortunately had some hilarious facial expressions that generated loads of memes and got really bad reviews (I mean it wasn't a great game but I thought the reviews were still harsh because it was still pretty good). CDPR are getting a much easier ride on this even though it's even more of a mess.

Drainy

They've become a corporation. From the company that cared about games and their players to the corporation that cares only about the money.

We saw it happening with BioWare when EA bought them. Just history repeating itself.
Bit of a knee jerk. When hasn't one of their games launched buggy and been a pc first venture?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I'm in your boat its disgraceful the console version no matter if its a series X/PS5 or PS4/One, but some people don't mind it and feel its in a playable state.

It's just interesting to see the wide difference in peoples expectations.
I think it was just really shitty not to let the reviewers get their hands on the PS4/Xbone versions before launch. At least then we'd know what we were getting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Urgh. So they’re going to spend the next 2-3 months working on last gen. They obviously need to fix it for those guys, but it would’ve been nice if we were in a position to crack on with everything else before that

Revan

Assumptionman
Bit of a knee jerk. When hasn't one of their games launched buggy and been a pc first venture?
Bugs are to be expected but this number of bugs is not acceptable. I couldn't persist playing it on a PC where it is supposed to be best, and in consoles, it is supposed to be worse.

This isn't just having some problems, it is being borderline unplayable. Numbers do not lie though, it is averaging 2.something for consoles and less than 8 for PC in metacritics from the gamers, and the company stock has lost 40% of the value since it got released, despite selling 8 million copies on the first day.

Revan

Assumptionman
Andromeda probably?

And I'm not even sure that was this buggy on launch, but it unfortunately had some hilarious facial expressions that generated loads of memes and got really bad reviews (I mean it wasn't a great game but I thought the reviews were still harsh because it was still pretty good). CDPR are getting a much easier ride on this even though it's even more of a mess.
It is nowhere comparable. Andromeda had some bad facial expressions and people lost their shit, this has N64-like graphics at stages, every quest is bugged, the framerate easily drops to tens. It makes Andromeda look like the most polished game ever in comparison.

Main difference is that BioWare had already lost most of their goodwill, while CDPR has many. And of course, they burned it all.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It is nowhere comparable. Andromeda had some bad facial expressions and people lost their shit, this has N64-like graphics at stages, every quest is bugged, the framerate easily drops to tens. It makes Andromeda look like the most polished game ever in comparison.

Main difference is that BioWare had already lost most of their goodwill, while CDPR has many. And of course, they burned it all.
I mean that's basically exactly what I said.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I think the worst thing for me is looking at what could and should have been. The game is greatly scaled back and things like the a.i and combat are still like they are in early testing as you develop, they are placeholders. I've said it a hundred times, so one more won't matter, this is Bioshock Infinite all over again. Exactly the same, the release game doesn't match the early videos and press releases/interviews from the company. You now watch the team be blamed and disassembled once they finish the dlcs.

And it's fine that people like it, it's clearly not a bad game. I myself am finding it ok, decent at times, even great at others, and I'm looking forward to getting home and playing more. But it is riddled with bad management decisions made over and over and we end up with something that just should have been so much better.

It's such a shame, but I guess it could be a lot worse. But I don't expect any of the gameplay elements to be drastically fixed. On that front, I think we have to just get used to it. Or refund for those inclined.

DavelinaJolie

Thus far I'm feeling justified in waiting until the next gen patch drops, and probable Sales. Too much nonsense around it.

Balljy

Bugs are to be expected but this number of bugs is not acceptable. I couldn't persist playing it on a PC where it is supposed to be best, and in consoles, it is supposed to be worse.
I can't answer for the console version, but for me this is way less buggy than Witcher 3 on PC at launch. The amount of times Roach got stuck in houses, hit random invisible walls throwing me to my death or getting stuck in missions due to missing triggers was crazy. I think people forget how bad that actually was at launch. In comparison I've had one hard crash and a few minor bugs, the latter haven't caused me an issue (yet).

It's still not acceptable, but CDPR have prior to this and do fix it later down the line unfortunately. I don't think they've become more corporate or changed, but they haven't learned their lessons.

Weirdly, it's been OK for me and less buggy than a lot of other titles at launch as I've only had 1 hard crash but I can see from other people that's not always the case.

Redlambs

I can't answer for the console version, but for me this is way less buggy than Witcher 3 on PC at launch. The amount of times Roach got stuck in houses, hit random invisible walls throwing me to my death or getting stuck in missions due to missing triggers was crazy. I think people forget how bad that actually was at launch. In comparison I've had one hard crash and a few minor bugs, the latter haven't caused me an issue (yet).

It's still not acceptable, but CDPR have prior to this and do fix it later down the line unfortunately. I don't think they've become more corporate or changed, but they haven't learned their lessons.

Weirdly, it's been OK for me and less buggy than a lot of other titles at launch as I've only had 1 hard crash but I can see from other people that's not always the case.
I haven't had a single crash, just a fair amount of minor bugs, most of which are easily missed too which is why some claim to have had very few.

The issue for me is that the game quite clearly isn't finished, and I don't think it ever will be. They've released it in an 'as is' state, that last delay was about stripping back to even get a launch, and people need to get used to that fact. As much of a shame it is.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
CDPR are just as bad as them now, if not worse.

When is the last time EA released a shìtshow on the level of this?
Fifa every year? Come on now let’s not take the mick. EA don’t make mistakes because they don’t innovate. Cyberpunk is a ridiculously ambitious game with probably 150 hours of content. Bugs are far more likely in that kind of game. The performance on previous gen is unacceptable but any other complaints are slightly disingenuous.

Redlambs

Fifa every year? Come on now let’s not take the mick. EA don’t make mistakes because they don’t innovate. Cyberpunk is a ridiculously ambitious game with probably 150 hours of content. Bugs are far more likely in that kind of game. The performance on previous gen is unacceptable but any other complaints are slightly disingenuous.
I was with you up until that last sentence.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think the worst thing for me is looking at what could and should have been. The game is greatly scaled back and things like the a.i and combat are still like they are in early testing as you develop, they are placeholders. I've said it a hundred times, so one more won't matter, this is Bioshock Infinite all over again. Exactly the same, the release game doesn't match the early videos and press releases/interviews from the company. You now watch the team be blamed and disassembled once they finish the dlcs.

And it's fine that people like it, it's clearly not a bad game. I myself am finding it ok, decent at times, even great at others, and I'm looking forward to getting home and playing more. But it is riddled with bad management decisions made over and over and we end up with something that just should have been so much better.

It's such a shame, but I guess it could be a lot worse. But I don't expect any of the gameplay elements to be drastically fixed. On that front, I think we have to just get used to it. Or refund for those inclined.
Bioshock Infinite was quite polished. I played in launch and there was no bug, no mission failing for stupid reasons, no problems with save files, nothing wrong with it. Just that the game was not as good as we thought it will, so people got dissapointed.

This is a gigantic mess.

Leg-End

The thing is if you park the bugs to one side and just concentrate on the game as it is, like lambs says it's ok to play and actually decent on the main story line (I'm not that far in, Act 2) but as soon as you deviate from that the quality dip is remarkable.

Basically every single side quest I have come across is go here, shoot people and come back, you know the same old things that have been in games since the dawn of time. That's before you even have to tackle the atrocious vehicles which give no sense of speed, handle like a trifle on wheels and the mini map is so bad you end up missing nearly every single turn.

Redlambs

Bioshock Infinite was quite polished. I played in launch and there was no bug, no mission failing for stupid reasons, no problems with save files, nothing wrong with it. Just that the game was not as good as we thought it will, so people got dissapointed.

This is a gigantic mess.
No, not at all.

Infinite was heavily stripped back to rush it out at the end, exactly how it is here. That's not in question, you can read up on it if inclined.

Yeah it was polished, but I'm not talking bugs and all that, I'm talking about just how much had to be cut/toned down.

Redlambs

The thing is if you park the bugs to one side and just concentrate on the game as it is, like lambs says it's ok to play and actually decent on the main story line (I'm not that far in, Act 2) but as soon as you deviate from that the quality dip is remarkable.

Basically every single side quest I have come across is go here, shoot people and come back, you know the same old things that have been in games since the dawn of time. That's before you even have to tackle the atrocious vehicles which give no sense of speed, handle like a trifle on wheels and the mini map is so bad you end up missing nearly every single turn.
I completely agree.

Again I get why people like it and want to big it up, but objectively speaking there's no aspect in gameplay terms that even feels last gen. Even the movement of the character is off ffs :lol:

SuperiorXI

There is some story there for those side missions but like you say it is very samey, not much variety thrown in.

I think one of the biggest problems outside of the bugs etc is the very low standard AI. There are games over a decade old that have better and more involved AI. Is it true that the cops can't chase you in vehicles? :lol:

Balljy

I haven't had a single crash, just a fair amount of minor bugs, most of which are easily missed too which is why some claim to have had very few.

The issue for me is that the game quite clearly isn't finished, and I don't think it ever will be. They've released it in an 'as is' state, that last delay was about stripping back to even get a launch, and people need to get used to that fact. As much of a shame it is.
I'd argue a missed bug is fine if we're not looking in every nook and cranny and jumping off high buildings for them like yourself :)

I've only had the one crash and otherwise a few cases of slow walking which I had to go in and out of the menus to fix and random stuck animations. The mechanics of getting hit by a car and getting seen by the police are messed up too (they will get fixed I reckon though).

Agreed about the scale. I have noticed that some doors say "locked" whereas some are not interactable. I wonder if at some stage the intention was for many more indoor areas. If they do act like they did on the Witcher 3 there will be gameplay enhancements released. It was a few months after release that they introduced hairdressers and in-game customisation for example.

Leg-End

I completely agree.

Again I get why people like it and want to big it up, but objectively speaking there's no aspect in gameplay terms that even feels last gen. Even the movement of the character is off ffs :lol:
That's the most galling aspect for me, there is literally no steps forward in terms of gameplay, in fact it's not two steps back, its twenty. The haven't nailed or polished any single element of this game, they haven't even animated V to lay on his bed properly.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I was with you up until that last sentence.
I do agree with you to be fair. The game does seem unfinished in places and there’s some weak elements. I think the bug complaints are a little harsh as every single open world game launches with bugs and I’d actually say this has less than others (looking at your Bethesda).

The AI and open world I can understand again some of the complaints but I can’t help thinking there are afew people who came in expecting GTA in the future. I think if you go into this experice thinking it’s more Fallout than GTA you are much better set. I would say despite the issues on the PS5 this is an 8/10 with potential to hit 9/10 after bug fixes, DLC and the like, especially if CDPR go in hard on some elements.

Balljy

That's the most galling aspect for me, there is literally no steps forward in terms of gameplay, in fact it's not two steps back, its twenty. The haven't nailed or polished any single element of this game, they haven't even animated V to lay on his bed properly.
Did you just assume the gender of my V? :)

Balljy

I do agree with you to be fair. The game does seem unfinished in places and there’s some weak elements. I think the bug complaints are a little harsh as every single open world game launches with bugs and I’d actually say this has less than others (looking at your Bethesda).

The AI and open world I can understand again some of the complaints but I can’t help thinking there are afew people who came in expecting GTA in the future. I think if you go into this experice thinking it’s more Fallout than GTA you are much better set. I would say despite the issues on the PS5 this is an 8/10 with potential to hit 9/10 after bug fixes, DLC and the like, especially if CDPR go in hard on some elements.
I totally agree with this. I ignore anyone mentioning GTA as the only thing it has in common is that it is open world and if you expected it to be a GTA clone you were bound to be disappointed. It's a story-led RPG.

I'm really enjoying it, I know a lot of people have regrets buying it and aren't happy which is a pity but for me it's kind of the game I expected. I personally can't wait until tonight to carry on playing and explore so I'm happy.