Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

SuperiorXI

I do agree with you to be fair. The game does seem unfinished in places and there’s some weak elements. I think the bug complaints are a little harsh as every single open world game launches with bugs and I’d actually say this has less than others (looking at your Bethesda).

The AI and open world I can understand again some of the complaints but I can’t help thinking there are afew people who came in expecting GTA in the future. I think if you go into this experice thinking it’s more Fallout than GTA you are much better set. I would say despite the issues on the PS5 this is an 8/10 with potential to hit 9/10 after bug fixes, DLC and the like, especially if CDPR go in hard on some elements.
Yeah they've got a lot of polishing to do but there's definitely an 8 or 9 out of 10 in there somewhere. Even with all of its flaws I'm having a blast with it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeah they've got a lot of polishing to do but there's definitely an 8 or 9 out of 10 in there somewhere. Even with all of its flaws I'm having a blast with it.
That’s the ultimate thing isn’t it? I can’t quite put my finger on it but I feel so involved in my character, the story, the gameplay. I’m just really enjoying it and I want to play more. When I’m out and about I’m thinking about some of the events I’ve done. That’s the sign of a top game and the same way I feel about a Skyrim for example.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I totally agree with this. I ignore anyone mentioning GTA as the only thing it has in common is that it is open world and if you expected it to be a GTA clone you were bound to be disappointed. It's a story-led RPG.

I'm really enjoying it, I know a lot of people have regrets buying it and aren't happy which is a pity but for me it's kind of the game I expected. I personally can't wait until tonight to carry on playing and explore so I'm happy.
I don't think many people expected a GTA clone at all, they just expected a semi functional city. There's no excuse for the way the NPCs act, the AI, some of the driving mechanics, the ridiculous police, the glitches in people walking by etc. If you base an open world in a city those are basics that you absolutely have to nail.

Revan

Assumptionman
No, not at all.

Infinite was heavily stripped back to rush it out at the end, exactly how it is here. That's not in question, you can read up on it if inclined.

Yeah it was polished, but I'm not talking bugs and all that, I'm talking about just how much had to be cut/toned down.
Apples and oranges. If you cut stuff, you end with a worse game (which Infinite was, in the sense that AI was pretty shit, as were part of the gameplay). In the other hand, this is a game that should not have been released for another 6 months at best.

This is a much bigger offense.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I do agree with you to be fair. The game does seem unfinished in places and there’s some weak elements. I think the bug complaints are a little harsh as every single open world game launches with bugs and I’d actually say this has less than others (looking at your Bethesda).

The AI and open world I can understand again some of the complaints but I can’t help thinking there are afew people who came in expecting GTA in the future. I think if you go into this experice thinking it’s more Fallout than GTA you are much better set. I would say despite the issues on the PS5 this is an 8/10 with potential to hit 9/10 after bug fixes, DLC and the like, especially if CDPR go in hard on some elements.
I'm not really a fan of GTA. I don't care about those comparisons.

But since you bring it up, I also don't see why people can't expect it to play better than that, considering how old that game is? I mean the A.I and NPC spawning is a lot worse for a start and it was never great in that!

My issues with this game are solely down to being disappointed in how much they've had to leave unfinished, underdeveloped. And I can guarantee you that the real talent working on this game all feel the same too.

evil_geko

Basically every single side quest I have come across is go here, shoot people and come back, you know the same old things that have been in games since the dawn of time. That's before you even have to tackle the atrocious vehicles which give no sense of speed, handle like a trifle on wheels and the mini map is so bad you end up missing nearly every single turn.
Can't agree here, I have seen a lot of variety in side quests I played so far, some were Witcher 3 quality, yeah some were generic but those are in minority so far for me.

SuperiorXI

That’s the ultimate thing isn’t it? I can’t quite put my finger on it but I feel so involved in my character, the story, the gameplay. I’m just really enjoying it and I want to play more. When I’m out and about I’m thinking about some of the events I’ve done. That’s the sign of a top game and the same way I feel about a Skyrim for example.
This is how I feel too however I completely understand the outrage, especially from those playing on console.

The main story itself is so captivating, I'm at the start of act 2 and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Redlambs

Apples and oranges. If you cut stuff, you end with a worse game (which Infinite was, in the sense that AI was pretty shit, as were part of the gameplay). In the other hand, this is a game that should not have been released for another 6 months at best.

This is a much bigger offense.
So you agree with me then?

As I said, you are focusing on the bugs which is fine. But this IS a carbon copy of the situation with Infinite, there's no difference at all. And you can quote me on this, it is going to end the exact same way when they've finished the DLC too. Watch.

Leg-End

Can't agree here, I have seen a lot of variety in side quests, some were Witcher 3 quality, yeah some were generic but those are in minority so far for me.
So far that’s my experience but I do have a lot to go here. I had one where I thought it was going to be interesting with a monk, but the game basically forced to me to just kill again.

Maybe as I play on my view of that will change but none of them have been that interesting.

Redlambs

Can't agree here, I have seen a lot of variety in side quests I played so far, some were Witcher 3 quality, yeah some were generic but those are in minority so far for me.
I'm in between so far. I mean I haven't played much of the actual game so far (so many rooftops!), but I've encountered a couple of at least funny little side quests.

However those cop ones, and area clear ones, ughhhhh. Talk about boring and mundane.

SuperiorXI

Think the stealth side needs work. I'm finding if you're spotted all the enemies know where you are and your scheming has failed. I was once spotted even though the enemy was on the other side of a wall.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The videos on Reddit are hilarious. What a horrible game.

Redlambs

Think the stealth side needs work. I'm finding if you're spotted all the enemies know where you are and your scheming has failed. I was once spotted even though the enemy was on the other side of a wall.
Yep, the a.i instantly knows exactly where you are at all times the moment they are triggered.

I had a cop literally follow me around a square building over and over when I was testing, then when I turned to run the other way, it did the same from the other side :lol:

Redlambs

The videos on Reddit are hilarious. What a horrible game.
Horrible is a stretch, it's really not that bad on a whole, but those videos can easily be recreated by anyone at any time, that's how messy it really is. You don't have to try hard at all feck it up :lol:

(And no, before anyone pipes up, it's not "just like any other open world game", at least in others you generally have to force glitches more)

b82REZ

So far that’s my experience but I do have a lot to go here. I had one where I thought it was going to be interesting with a monk, but the game basically forced to me to just kill again.

Maybe as I play on my view of that will change but none of them have been that interesting.
That sounds to me more like you you're approaching each mission the same. I know which Monk mission you're referring to, and while I did mess up and end up killing all the kidnappers, you most certainly could have gone a non lethal route and I've no doubt that would have had different ramifications.

The graphical glitches I can live with, but the crashes are becoming far too common. Averaging about one an hour now on PS5. It's not marring my experience too much right now but it is getting very annoying.

I still think this game is very good. Obviously not met the lofty expectations many had, but it was never going to. I honestly feel like people are piling on because that's the thing to do right now. Also feels like people that haven't even played the game are throwing shit at it, which I find truly bizzare.

Until the inevitable patches come out and make this a better experience people will continue to bitch about it. The Witcher was very buggy at the start and it was their support after release that earnt them so much goodwill with the community. People saying CDPR are now worse than EA are simply trying to pour fuel on a fire.

Redlambs

That sounds to me more like you you're approaching each mission the same. I know which Monk mission you're referring to, and while I did mess up and end up killing all the kidnappers, you most certainly could have gone a non lethal route and I've no doubt that would have had different ramifications.

The graphical glitches I can live with, but the crashes are becoming far too common. Averaging about one an hour now on PS5. It's not marring my experience too much right now but it is getting very annoying.

I still think this game is very good. Obviously not met the lofty expectations many had, but it was never going to. I honestly feel like people are piling on because that's the thing to do right now. Also feels like people that haven't even played the game are throwing shit at it, which I find truly bizzare.

Until the inevitable patches come out and make this a better experience people will continue to bitch about it. The Witcher was very buggy at the start and it was their support after release that earnt them so much goodwill with the community. People saying CDPR are now worse than EA are simply trying to pour fuel on a fire.
"It's your fault for wanting a good game!"

"You bought into the hype!"

"But...but...Witcher 3!"

Some of you guys are doing the exact thing you keep claiming others are doing, just on the other side :lol:

b82REZ

"It's your fault for wanting a good game!"

"You bought into the hype!"

"But...but...Witcher 3!"

Some of you guys are doing the exact thing you keep claiming others are doing, just on the other side :lol:
I haven't said any of those things.

Redlambs

I haven't said any of those things.
You are blaming the people for "having lofty expectations" and "piling on" and you did go on about Witcher 3.

It can't just be as simple as an unfinished game being disappointing no? As much as you are happy with the terrible mechanics, people can't equally be annoyed by them?

All I'm saying (and what my post meant) is it's easy to hyperbole and pigeon hole just because you like the game/hate the game. Be aware that's exactly what you are doing is all.

(Oh and I agree on the people who haven't even played it, however you can't deny those videos are funny and off-putting at the same time :lol:)

b82REZ

You are blaming the people for "having lofty expectations" and "piling on" and you did go on about Witcher 3.

It can't just be as simple as an unfinished game being disappointing no? As much as you are happy with the terrible mechanics, people can't equally be annoyed by them?

All I'm saying (and what my post meant) is it's easy to hyperbole and pigeon hole just because you like the game/hate the game. Be aware that's exactly what you are doing is all.

(Oh and I agree on the people who haven't even played it, however you can't deny those videos are funny and off-putting at the same time :lol:)
But I haven't said those. Me saying it was never going to meet expectations isn't blaming anyone, it's a fact. The way people were expecting this game to revolutionise the genre and gaming in general certainly did create unrealistic expectations.

I don't love, nor hate the game. It's very good but has obvious flaws and faults. It seems more to me like you're trying to pigeon hole people into fanbois or haters. There are many shades of grey between the two ends of the spectrum.

The poster I was responding to was complaining that all side missions are basic and formulaic, which in my experience is not true. If they, or anyone else playing the game chooses to shoot their way through the game and then complain about it they are creating drama for no reason.

I recognise this game for what it can become, but also recognise all it's faults. For me they aren't affecting my enjoyment, for others they are, for others they're looking for a reason to complain because Internet points.

evil_geko

I know the monk mission, it doesn't force you to kill, I finished that mission without killing anyone and had some ending conversation exclusive because of that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very least they can do. Like @Massive Spanner says, they knew exactly what they were doing and totally duped the world into believing this would be seriously viable on current gen. They simply *must* make this game work on PS4/Xbone.

Redlambs

But I haven't said those. Me saying it was never going to meet expectations isn't blaming anyone, it's a fact. The way people were expecting this game to revolutionise the genre and gaming in general certainly did create unrealistic expectations.

I don't love, nor hate the game. It's very good but has obvious flaws and faults. It seems more to me like you're trying to pigeon hole people into fanbois or haters. There are many shades of grey between the two ends of the spectrum.

The poster I was responding to was complaining that all side missions are basic and formulaic, which in my experience is not true. If they, or anyone else playing the game chooses to shoot their way through the game and then complain about it they are creating drama for no reason.

I recognise this game for what it can become, but also recognise all it's faults. For me they aren't affecting my enjoyment, for others they are, for others they're looking for a reason to complain because Internet points.
You are literally repeating yourself in the very first paragraph for christ sake :lol:

And what about the people who had their expectations raised by, you know, the actual developers? Does that not count?

Anyway, you clearly don't get the point, so let's leave it there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Once they’ve patched the ever living life out of the game, best way to save face would be with Blood and Wine/Hearts of Stone level DLC.

But I’m not entirely sure how that factors in with the proposed Multiplayer too... Does anyone actually want that, really? Might just be me, but massive scale story games like this, and Red Dead 2 just don’t need MP.

Redlambs

Once they’ve patched the ever living life out of the game, best way to save face would be with Blood and Wine/Hearts of Stone level DLC.

But I’m not entirely sure how that factors in with the proposed Multiplayer too... Does anyone actually want that, really? Might just be me, but massive scale story games like this, and Red Dead 2 just don’t need MP.
That's what will happen. They simply aren't going to fix the terrible mechanics in this game (like the a.i) at least until they overhaul the game with a dlc or two and charge for them. If ever, of course.

b82REZ

I'm still amused at standing outside the docs office listening to a man getting his robotic penis cut off. You can wait there for a while hearing it all too :lol:

Those are the great touches that at least we have some of!
Hot crotch guy?

The game is still full of those moments. They're just being drowned out by the (deserved) complaints. It is a shame that a lot of the good things are being overlooked or straight up ignored because it doesn't fit in the with new Internet witch-hunt.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I feel for the console crowd, hopefully CDPR fix it up sharp. Behind the ugly technical horror show there's actually a fantastic experience to be had.
I've absolutely loved my time with it so far. The problem is that I''ve now seen too much time watching videos and noise (justified) comparing it to other versions. Then I read a CDPR note on their website that says that in Jan and Feb they'll be releasing patches to improve the PS4 /Xbox One versions which makes it tempting to wait. But I think I'll just keep going until the framerate/graphical level becomes a real problem.

Leg-End

I know the monk mission, it doesn't force you to kill, I finished that mission without killing anyone and had some ending conversation exclusive because of that.
It does force you when it’s a mess to begin with, I took the back route in, I took down the inside guards and went outside to deal with the lookout but lo and behold couldn’t stealth kill him for no apparent reason. Maybe if I had reloaded I would have got the corrected version but this game is way past that point for me.

Like I said I’ve plenty more to do and experience yet and I hope to be surprised but for now the side missions have had very little depth or variation for me and that was a strong point of TW3.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I feel torn on the game. As I said, I'm not really into RPG's but I love the setting so much. I wish it was a linear single-player action FPS that was 25 hours long and set in this world.

Redlambs

Hot crotch guy?

The game is still full of those moments. They're just being drowned out by the (deserved) complaints. It is a shame that a lot of the good things are being overlooked or straight up ignored because it doesn't fit in the with new Internet witch-hunt.
I know, that's why it's best not to worry about all that! I mean if you are enjoying, who gives a feck what others are saying?

If anything the pressure on CDPR is good for you too and you'll be benefitting from the fixing patches too mate ;)

b82REZ

I know, that's why it's best not to worry about all that! I mean if you are enjoying, who gives a feck what others are saying?

If anything the pressure on CDPR is good for you too and you'll be benefitting from the fixing patches too mate ;)
I think you've misconstrued my post. I really don't care that people don't like this game. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Wicher for example. I was simply pointing out to one poster that they can't really complain about the side missions being samey if they approach those missions in the same manner everytime.

What does piss me off is the posters that clearly haven't played it yet piling in and making outrageous claims (FFS some people are saying EA are a lesser evil in the industry off the back of this launch). It is overlooked massively (to suit agendas, no doubt) that The Witcher wasn't some shining beacon of hope it's made out to be now. It had a iffy launch (miles better than CP) but it was the post release TLC from the devs that got it placed in the GOAT conversations.

People need perspective. Could CP have done with another 6-12 months in development? Undoubtedly. Are the bugs game breaking? No. Will they affect your enjoyment? Depends on an individual's preferences, you and I seem happy enough with the product in it's current state, many others aren't.

I honestly can't wait to see what it's like this time next year.

Leg-End

To be clear I am not approaching every mission the same way. I plan on getting some good game time in again this week and I’ll concentrate on side missions.