Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
"it was over hyped and now over hated"

Yeah. Duh.

It's not the worst game of all time, but it's one of the worst launches. It's depressing as we all wanted that game they promised, but it not only isn't but it falls so far short it has to go down as one of the biggest disappointments. My problem now though is the dogshit excuses coming from the people in charge and that some are lapping it up. I mean they know it's fecked, they know they had to remove features because they simply weren't ready, and yet we get soundbites like "we are proud of the PC version" and "all games have features stripped" whilst everyone can see the problem right there is that those "features" were the exact things that set this game apart and the PC version is still mediocre at best.

I still haven't refunded and I still want this to at least be half the game it could be, but the latest press releases show exactly what they think. Nothing against people who enjoyed it anyway, that's great, but let's not go thinking CDPR will actually recover from this in terms of reputation because they clearly don't know how. The money has been made, and all we will get down the line is soundbites about TW3 upgrades and about how great they are to fans.
The “it was too hyped” line is annoying too considering the part the studio play in over hyping it :lol:

Honestly there’s a lot wrong with Nintendo which I’m happy to admit as a Nintendo fan but I do like how in recent years you might see a 20 second announcement clip and then you don’t see anything until there’s some solid gameplay to show that actually resembles the product you’re going to get.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Getting a fall damage bug since new patch on series X, just die at the end of a double jump. feck sake.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I just activated the point of no return even though I still had a few question marks and side shit to do. Just want it to be over at this stage.

Says a lot that it feels like the game is too short (I actually couldn't believe it was already the point of no return when it was!) yet I still want it to be over. Aside from the main story (which feels like it only just got going and is now about to end) and missions with some good side characters, it's so lacking. The world itself sucks, the combat is average, driving is shite.

A real shame as I do think night city itself is stunning and I love how multi-layered it is but there's no doubt that CDPR released a half finished game in pretty much every aspect and it feels like it, because when I play it all I think is how good it could have been and not how good it is.
just finished this. I done every side quest in the build up. That was the long grind. The main mission alright in comparison felt short - but the side quest, especially interacting with Johnny along the way as he talks about Mikoshi - make it much more of a storyline and build up to your choices. I think I ended up having all options open to me in the end so it felt more of a slog. In the end I just powered through then as I wanted to go onto Hitman 3.

I was going to do the other endings to see how it panned out - but not arsed right now as I had 159 hours in already. As I done the Panam side quests, I called her in. Was a fun ending. That choice before the epilogue - makes it clear enough all roads navigate to that choice when you talk to Alt - another reason I am in no rush to see the other endings.

enjoyed it overall though. Just not at all groundbreaking.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So how does it run on PS5?
Considering buying it now because it will take quite some time for the actual PS5 version to release and there isn't many great games around at the moment.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
So how does it run on PS5?
Considering buying it now because it will take quite some time for the actual PS5 version to release and there isn't many great games around at the moment.
Really recommend waiting until later in the year, especially since CDPR have announced a patch schedule already.

Try Hitman if you want a new PS5 game, it’s pretty decent.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really recommend waiting until later in the year, especially since CDPR have announced a patch schedule already.

Try Hitman if you want a new PS5 game, it’s pretty decent.
Thanks for the advice, will look into Hitman. I will also consider giving Persona 5 a chance, since it's free for PS+ members.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not been a great few months for CDPR has it! That 'ransom' note is bloody strange though, reads like it was written by a 10 year old.

Ainu

On the plus side, if Cyberpunk's source code gets leaked, the community might just fix their bugs for them.

Siorac

On the plus side, if Cyberpunk's source code gets leaked, the community might just fix their bugs for them.
They're well on their way to simply becoming Bethesda, aren't they?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's got nothing to do with the hack, they didn't lose access.

I've no problem with the delay, in fact I had forgotten about the actual release date all together. It would have served them better to openly say it wasn't ready and they are learning from their mistakes rather than another lie. Now they have not only delayed, but promised something they won't fully deliver again.

TrustInJanuzaj

They aren’t helping themselves at this point are they. To be honest though I don’t care. I’ve played and completed it once and it was great. I won’t touch it again till a year or so down the line when the PS5 update eventually drops. I recommend everyone to just put it out your mind and get it on sale in a year or two.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Just picked this up on PC for 18 quid on CDKeys. Thought even with all the issues it seemed like a good deal. How is the PC game looking? Most of the problems been ironed out?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Just picked this up on PC for 18 quid on CDKeys. Thought even with all the issues it seemed like a good deal. How is the PC game looking? Most of the problems been ironed out?
I finished the main story a few days ago on PC. It was fine no bugs, Only on one mission where it was very difficult to find a body because of a bug. Other than that perfect.

caid

Doubt it. Wait 6 months before playing it.

Bosws87

Visually incredible, runs well on good hardware, AI wise dumb as ever and the game is zero challenge super easy once you get the hang of it.

Tons of stupid bugs like npc's floating, sliding across the floor and walking through walls.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Visually incredible, runs well on good hardware, AI wise dumb as ever and the game is zero challenge super easy once you get the hang of it.

Tons of stupid bugs like npc's floating, sliding across the floor and walking through walls.
Yeah I've come across a few of them stupid bugs but it's not ruining my experience at all atm I'm really enjoying it. I'm finding it challenging enough for me as I'm not a massive first person shooter player and I'm really enjoying the story.

For me £18 was a bargain not regretting buying it at all.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The cutesy way of presenting this is really annoying, considering.
Yup. It's not even remotely clever or funny in it's writing either, it's typical of the game...unimaginative, stale and frankly boring.

Yeah definitely comes across as slightly patronising. The patch itself seems underwhelming too considering how long it's taken to release.
And yup.

They are continuing to talk that shit and do little to nothing. But hey, Witcher 3 right!

Shark

@NotShark
They are continuing to talk that shit and do little to nothing. But hey, Witcher 3 right!
Took me a while because I absolutely adore TW3, but have definitely come around to the fact these guys are just not very good. Either that of they need to stick to fantasy RPG's.

TrustInJanuzaj

Took me a while because I absolutely adore TW3, but have definitely come around to the fact these guys are just not very good. Either that of they need to stick to fantasy RPG's.
I don’t think so. The lore and world in this are absolutely brilliant. Possibly as good as any RPG I’ve played, it’s the core mechanics and bugs that are the issue which really is a result of lack of development time.

That bug fix log is really annoying though, I don’t even understand half of it.

caid

I don’t think so. The lore and world in this are absolutely brilliant. Possibly as good as any RPG I’ve played, it’s the core mechanics and bugs that are the issue which really is a result of lack of development time.

The lore and world were written for them. Same as witcher. Maybe they they did a good job bringing that world to life in a game. The voice acting and characters are genuinely brilliant. But the actual game part is so, so shallow and weak in every single instance. They kind of wasted a great setting and writing which just annoys me more than if it had no redeeming qualities.

Hamnat

I agree. On High end PC I didn't have game breaking bugs from day 1 purchase. That said I fully recognize that they did console users and lower end PC users wrong. They made a ton of mistakes and never should have been truthful that console versions would be released however long later and focused on polishing PC since that was clearly what they spent the majority of time on.

Now they will never get that goodwill back and its spread them thin on everything. Patches delayed, DLCs possibly delayed etc.

To me the game was fun I want a DLC I would easily play a DLC again. I had more "gameplay" related bugs with AC Valhalla on PC than I did with my Cyberpunk playthrough

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They kind of wasted a great setting and writing which just annoys me more than if it had no redeeming qualities.
This is the most disappointing thing. There's so many potentially great settings that just don't get explored at all or enough, but this was one that really deserved doing justice especially. Big shame

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I bought it the other day for £17 and did a couple of the training missions before putting it down. Certainly didn't grab me in the same way as Witcher 3 or Fallout 3, for example. But it's early days. We'll see how it goes.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Still haven't played this - I'm waiting for it to come down in price significantly before buying it - also hoping further patches sort any glitches out (if there still are any?)

Balljy

This one is probably linked to the work on the next-gen console patch and hopefully suggests it's getting closer.
  • Enabled Ray Tracing on AMD graphics cards. Latest GPU drivers are required.

b82REZ

This one is probably linked to the work on the next-gen console patch and hopefully suggests it's getting closer.
  • Enabled Ray Tracing on AMD graphics cards. Latest GPU drivers are required.
Didn't they confirm that will be Q4 2021?