D. McDonnell - the Mirror: Jose will be sacked this weekend | BBC: Jose still has board backing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I hope once Jose is gone that someone from the board tells the players their behaviour is unacceptable and they're all on warnings with a view to be sold if performances and professionalism doesn't improve 100%. They can't think they can do this and get manager after manager sacked, we're not fecking Chelsea.
It's the boards whose behaviour is really unacceptable. What right has Woody got to be telling players to do anything when he's such a fecking joke.

Ashish Negi

Same mirror guy who reported LVG

Last edited by a moderator:

GledTheRed

Oh sorry I thought you meant Mourinho shouldnt be sacked. Yes its shoddy if a genuine leak, or maybe crafty if its been done on purpose so when it happens there is no great surprise and the headlines are already written, deflecting the outcry a bit.
I want rid of him but i want my club to show some class and Mourinho the respect he deserves.

Greck

How is Neville blaming the club for the leak? It's called a leak for a reason.

reddevil702

If this is true, the board has to have spoken with Jose already. Would be a bad way to end it with the media knowing before the manager.

rockerlad

Agree with Neville, if is true and United have leaked this, then it's a fecking disgrace.
Not a Mourinho fan a and never wanted him anywhere near our football club but if he is going to sacked, do with class, do it with dignity.
Do not leak it to the gutter press the day before a game ala lvg.
The problems at United lay above the position of manager
we lost and class and dignity a long time ago

Member 93275

Is wagering allowed on this forum? Either the media or Jose will look stupid. I'll bet my mother in law.

Nico87

If this is true I do think it's the right decision, all things considered, but it makes her certainty that he wouldn't be sacked midweek seem a bit odd. Either he's been playing the sympathy card knowing it's going to happen to make the club look worse which is very plausible, or Ed told him his job was completely safe and then sacked him days later which makes him look like a complete snake who the next manager will know he can't trust.

el3mel

Errr because he's gone which is exactly what they wanted, they'll be free.
Free. :lol:

He's still in charge for tomorrow you know right ? It's disgrace. If you want to sack him just sack him now and let Carrick manage the game tomorrow.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If I knew I was getting the bullet I'd play players all over the place, for pure shithousery.

"De Gea, up front today lad!"

The Regulators BB

Listened to Neville and found it really hard to disagree with what he said. I'm not enjoying the football on show at the minute, not enjoying the style of play, but if you don't back the manager to get him his team, then what do you expect? If you let mercenary players and agents dictate the dressing room, based solely on their commercial output, what do you expect? A new manager could come in and change things around, could bring back that attacking intent on the football pitch, but how long will that last for? Will it be the start of something new, a new era, or will it be just a plaster?

I'm not saying we shouldn't get rid of Mourinho. I think it hasn't worked out and there may be too much water under the bridge, but I wish we'd given him the chance to turn it around on his terms. We absolutely have not done that. If we don't address the bigger issues of how we approach the football side of this club, then we're going to continue to be left in the wake of City and the scousers, and let's face it, that's two clubs that we don't want to be in the shadow of above all others.

FujiVice

How is Neville blaming the club for the leak? It's called a leak for a reason.
He's not daft. Some prick within the decision making process leaked Fergie's retirement to the press. There's some snakes in that board room.

Canagel

Very good. Very good that they aren't letting this continue. Seems like they learnt their lesson from Moyes and LVG.

George The Best

I thought the Gary Neville comments after the match tonight were spot on. Jose was not backed when he should have been, the Board have no clue how to run a football club. I’m sad if this story is true. If Zidane comes in then Pogba is running the club now.

moxdevil

Woodward needs to be gone also.

If true, it has seemingly been poorly managed by the club again.

I cannot believe we'd be anywhere near Conte as a replacement, may as well keep Jose.

dove

If this is true then our board are bigger morons than we all thought, how can we expect them to make a right decision on the next manager?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I thought the Gary Neville comments after the match tonight were spot on. Jose was not backed when he should have been, the Board have no clue how to run a football club. I’m sad if this story is true. If Zidane comes in then Pogba is running the club now.
He's also true in that the show of support towards the manager will be huge at OT tomorrow as thankfully despite many wanting change recognise this is not the way you do it

MJJ

Like Ronaldo ran real madrid?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Good fecking riddance. Long overdue.

Woody needs to sack himself too because he has no idea how to run a football club.

Jacko21

Board: “So who is going to be the one to tell Jose?”

Ed: “Nobody. We’ll do it like last time and leak it to the press first”.

Board: “Not very dignified though is it.”

Ed: “Dignified? We’ve not been dignified since 2013. This is the new United.”

Snafu17

United Xtra must be the worst fan account on twitter. And that's quite the achievement.

Robbie Boy

There’s been talk of Rodgers leaving Celtic for a while now. It’s defo him coming in. Welcome Brenton.

Status
Not open for further replies.