Music Daft Punk

Acole9

Outstanding
They've been inactive for so long it's not much of a surprise.

They've got some good songs, Discovery is a good album. I think there are/have been better from that genre.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Randomly started listening to this album again and this song is wonderful.

HTG

Supports
Bayern

Randomly started listening to this album again and this song is wonderful.
Beautiful song. As is basically every song on that album. Masterpiece and one of the greatest albums ever made.

Superunknown

I'm gutted I never got to see these guys live. RAM is exceptional. Giorgio by Moroder is just absolutely sick. Disgusting. The drums are probably some of the best I've ever heard on a piece of music. It sounds so crisp and so tasteful, but filthy-fecking-dirty at the same time.

Immense album. I don't blame them for stopping after that one, because they've basically completed music.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I'm gutted I never got to see these guys live. RAM is exceptional. Giorgio by Moroder is just absolutely sick. Disgusting. The drums are probably some of the best I've ever heard on a piece of music. It sounds so crisp and so tasteful, but filthy-fecking-dirty at the same time.

Immense album. I don't blame them for stopping after that one, because they've basically completed music.
Well said. That album was the culmination of everything they have learned before. A masterpiece in the truest sense of the word. And by god, how much I share your love for Giorgio. What a song. What a concept for a song. It is everything music should be.
I would give a kidney to see them live.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Never really got the love for Daft Punk. They always just seems like inoffensive but fairly average electronic music to me. I like some electronic music but they never worked for me.

Last edited:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Saw them in Hyde Park and Global Gathering. Had a bit too much Disco dust but two of the best sets I have ever experienced.
I was there at Global too, it was their first set in the UK for 10 years at the time. Lost all my friends trying to make my way to the middle of the tent as it was shoulder to shoulder well outside of it. Definitely sits towards the top of the best sets ive seen.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Never really got the love for Daft Punk. They always just seems like inoffensive but fairly average electronic music to me. I like electronic music but they never worked for me.
Electronic music is not my thing but I’d say that they’re one of the few artists from that genre that I like. I haven’t gotten deeply into them and their discography but whatever I have listed to was good. Random Access Memories was a quality album. In that at least, the production was great and left a lot of “space” to breath without over electronic/trance-ing things.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I remember loving RAM but seeing a lot of criticism at the time. Glad everyone else thinks it’s class and agreed on Giorgio.

“But I knew I needed a click”

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I remember loving RAM but seeing a lot of criticism at the time. Glad everyone else thinks it’s class and agreed on Giorgio.

“But I knew I needed a click”
I go back to RAM every now and then and it really is a masterpiece.

I was in uni when it came out, and so many who didn't really know Daft Punk seemed to be expecting some sort of house or dubstep album.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
For me Discovery is the one. So many great tunes, I was in 6th form at the time and was discovering girls. This album reminds me of those times, Digital Love in particular reminds me of one particular girl on one particular field trip. Good times.

youngrell

For me Discovery is the one. So many great tunes, I was in 6th form at the time and was discovering girls. This album reminds me of those times, Digital Love in particular reminds me of one particular girl on one particular field trip. Good times.
Agree with this and also have fond memories of a particular girl re: Digital Love. It’s still my favourite Daft Punk song.

arthurka

Brillant band, just better. A killer band live as well. Just remember them playing Around the world and all the stuff that people were inhaling or consuming just took us on that trip. Knowing when to stop and leave them wanting more is a art too few know and even fewer have mastered.

Superunknown

Well said. That album was the culmination of everything they have learned before. A masterpiece in the truest sense of the word. And by god, how much I share your love for Giorgio. What a song. What a concept for a song. It is everything music should be.
I would give a kidney to see them live.
I've got great memories of listening to the album. The wife and I went to our first and only Glastonbury Festival in 2013, a month or so after the album came out. We listened to it on the way there and back. Properly fell in love with it. That little trio of Beyond, Motherboard, and Fragments of Time really hit. I've got amazing memories of those three flowing from one to the other whilst we were driving through the pitch black darkness of the countryside. Felt so surreal.

Genuinely don't feel that the album gets the love it fully deserves. Get Lucky received loads of radio time and took tons of plaudits, but I feel that the album was seen as just 'that', whereas I wouldn't even consider it in my top 5 on that album. It's a little surprising you never seem to hear many of the other tracks on the radio or elsewhere. Lose Yourself To Dance feels like a song that deserved a lot more recognition.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Daft Punk live was the best gig I’ve ever been to. I saw them in Paris when they recorded Alive 2007 (and thus my favourite live album of all time).

A close runner up for live album would be Justice : A Cross The Universe. Absolute belter of a live recording. I saw them at Somerset House (when the summer series used to really go off). And again in Paris. They got close to the Daft Punk feeling, probably because they didn’t (and don’t) have such a fandom attached, the whole crowd was so free. Freely admitting how much their French idols have influenced them, they make some phenomenal music to be in a crowd with.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Daft Punk live was the best gig I’ve ever been to. I saw them in Paris when they recorded Alive 2007 (and thus my favourite live album of all time).

A close runner up for live album would be Justice : A Cross The Universe. Absolute belter of a live recording. I saw them at Somerset House (when the summer series used to really go off). And again in Paris. They got close to the Daft Punk feeling, probably because they didn’t (and don’t) have such a fandom attached, the whole crowd was so free. Freely admitting how much their French idols have influenced them, they make some phenomenal music to be in a crowd with.
Amen brother. I don’t think there’s been a better intro to anything.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Amen brother. I don’t think there’s been a better intro to anything.
Fcuking ay. Genesis goes hard on the album, but Live its anthemic and so much more filthy.

Just saw that they’re playing Field Day in August this year. Had no idea, Going to grab a ticket right now.