Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Unless Beneke shanked him in the tunnel after the game you dont really have a point, Blind dominated him.
No need for that kind of talk. I wonder if you would say the same if Benteke was white

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He has his limitations but it is absolutely great to have an intelligent CB who is very unlikely to have a brainfade. I actually like Jones but I am genuinely starting to think that Blind may have issues with pace but just imagine how much more likely Jones and Rojo are to having brainfades

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'm sure this has being posted umpteen times but what in the absolute feck is the person smoking who controls the Adidas twitter account.

What the feck is that?

RedRevongge

I have been hugely impressed by him at CB. Must be honest Start of the season I was concerned but he is just a clever footballer. Has done brilliantly so far

dsch

I like how he steps into midfield to look for a pass. They should really be pressing him when he does that, though.

I'm sure this has being posted umpteen times but what in the absolute feck is the person smoking who controls the Adidas twitter account.

What ... :lol:

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
I like how he steps into midfield to look for a pass. They should really be pressing him when he does that, though.
With our two DMs also around, it is probably very difficult to press him overly because he can pass under pressure too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fantastic defensive performance from him today, he was everywhere and so passionate and committed too. The fantastic goal was the cherry on top: easily the Man of the Match.

Is Blind the world class ball playing centre back we were all yearning for over the summer? His performances this season as centre back have been outstanding. His positioning is first class, he can tackle and any lack of pace is compensated by his excellent reading of the game. Now he has De Gea behind him, Smalling next to him and 2XSch and Carrick in front, he could develop himself into a top top defender, reminds me bit of Ronny Jonson or Lilian Thuram.

Fantastic signing from LVG who deserves the main credit for identifying and bringing him in.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Proper footballer. He's a bit like Lahm in a way. His football intelligence means he can play a lot of roles and still out in top performances.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was top class today, I think Jones will struggle to get back into the side if he carries on like this.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Probably our best performer of our season. Not been found in defence as of yet but has all the attributes of a creative player, yet playing in defence.

Long may it continue. I'm not too sure if if is just a run, or he is genuinely built for this position in our set up. Hopefully the former.

littlepeasoup

Probably our best performer of our season. Not been found in defence as of yet but has all the attributes of a creative player, yet playing in defence.

Long may it continue. I'm not too sure if if is just a run, or he is genuinely built for this position in our set up. Hopefully the former.
You could probably say that about any of our back 4, which is really pleasing after a few seasons of dire defending. That we've had complete stability in those defensive positions is absolutely massive.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I wonder how much he's worth right now. I bet every manager would kill for a player like him. LB, CB, midfield. Fantastic buy, and one of my favorite players right now.

I wonder if he could be taking free kicks? He's got beautiful left foot.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
You could probably say that about any of our back 4, which is really pleasing after a few seasons of dire defending. That we've had complete stability in those defensive positions is absolutely massive.
There is a strong case between Shaw, Blind and Smalling for being our best players so far . I would accept any argument for either really, although I think Blind deserves a bit extra as he is being asked to do a job which he isn't necessarily accustomed to.

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
I wonder how much he's worth right now. I bet every manager would kill for a player like him. LB, CB, midfield. Fantastic buy, and one of my favorite players right now.

I wonder if he could be taking free kicks? He's got beautiful left foot.
He's pretty effective player, isn't he? I don't think his values has risen too much to what we paid for him though. He still has same obvious weakness and same strengths.

lysglimt

Scout
Probably our best individual performance of the season. If you as a defender don't put a foot wrong defensively, including clearing the ball of the line and in addition scoring a great goal - that is a 9/10 performance.

NotQuiteManc

Not so sure what to think about the ad, but dolphins are intelligent animal. So, I guess, based on the ad, the dolphin was everywhere on the pitch. Same like Blind, who is pretty evident by now, is more of intelligence rather than physical type player, and can play in different positions? Who knows, the ad is still bizarre. Break expectations indeed.

Ekeke

Whats clear is that he has a great understanding and reading of play.

Something people criticized him for last season in midfield

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Whats clear is that he has a great understanding and reading of play.

Something people criticized him for last season in midfield
People said his understanding of play was a problem? News to me

Last season my opinion was that he was too weak and didn't have the passing range we needed for a DM. I really didn't expect him to become such a fantastic CB

Ekeke

People said his understanding of play was a problem? News to me

Last season my opinion was that he was too weak and didn't have the passing range we needed for a DM. I really didn't expect him to become such a fantastic CB
Yes, they complained that he was going too far forward and pressing at the wrong time. Two specific things I can remember

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yes, they complained that he was going too far forward and pressing at the wrong time. Two specific things I can remember
I actually remember the complaints against him pressing too forward so fair enough. Sorry for that!

I never thought of him as a good enough DM for United but his CB play has been exceptional so far. LVG has Schweinsteigered him maybe?

RRCE

I still have my doubts about Blind at centre half long term, but overall he's sure proving me (and plenty others) wrong! I really thought this was a game in which he might get found out, going up against a big, physical, pacey striker. However, he was just brilliant today. It really is impressive how well he compensates for some of his shortcomings with his intelligence. As Rio would say, long may it continue!

Sam

Absolutely making me eat my words. He's been fantastic so far this season at CB.

The understanding between him and Smalling has been very very good.

thejtrain

The one thing he lacks is the pace and probably a bit of a drive too which is I think why he's better played at CB than as a DM/LB. Boy has he been excellent this season so far! Not many would have disagreed with the OP, but how he turned it around is amazing!

Lowkey

LvG has basically done to Blind what he did with Schweinsteiger at Bayern. Classy player.

Last edited:

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Unlike so many of our (now former) players, he has really taken hold of his opportunity for playing time and locked down his position. It's astonishing. He's played every minute (?) of the season, most of it protecting a substandard keeper, with very few errors and some big contributions. I expected he would be squeezed out by our new midfield signings but he has jumped ahead of more expensive and established players at a new position.

I guess this is classic LvG. When it works, it's brilliant, right?

suheilsworld

What a performance by the dutchmaster! Absolutely immense at the back and kept Benteke quiet. I had thought before the game it would be Smalling but Blind was exceptional against Benteke. He is such an intelligent footballer to have at the back. Hope he continues to grow in his new role. Also, a beautifully taken goal. Absolutely caressed that ball in the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.