Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Had that time where he lost the ball to Zaha but he has done that move about 100 times this season with ease so can't fault him for trying, although it is a dangerous game to play. Thought he was pretty good other than that.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Made a few mistakes but played well a typical performance but we need better imo

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If it weren't for that brainfart of a turn (no thanks to an atrocious pass from Rooney) he would've been my MOTM.

prath92

Surely he is to blame for Smalling getting sent off and for Rojo s injury and for Castle getting cancelled after season 8.

untitled_6899

I just never understood why LvG always asked Blind to pick up the big centre forwards, for example he struggled aerially against Wickham today

I'd love to see him in midfield alongside Schneiderlin, he's a very intelligent player but a centre back

Dante

Average bang
He's an above average DM, and average LB and a below average CB. I'd like to see him given another shot in midfield, though not necessarily as a starter.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Old school? Jesus, he might play Phil Jones.
What is jose's old school style defender? Like Stones?
He likes the (tall) physical defenders. Ramos being an exception at 1.83m but he sure does love to throw a tackle in doesnt he.

At Porto =Costa and Carvalho
At Chelsea = Terry and Carvalho
At Inter = Samuel and Lucio
At Madrid = Carvalho/Ramos and Pepe.
At Chelsea = Terry and Cahill.

adamwest

This lad has been almost impeccable at CB this season (West Ham away aside). He's not built to play there, doesn't have the pace either but bloody hell he reads the game so well and has a humdinger of a left peg. Think it's pretty lazy and tired to say he doesn't deserve or won't be a fixture here in the future. He's been one of the shining lights this season IMO.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
First player off the teamsheet under Mourinho.
Would be a huge shame if that's the case. He has a very solid argument for being our best outfield player this season not called Anthony.

GloryHunter07

I just never understood why LvG always asked Blind to pick up the big centre forwards, for example he struggled aerially against Wickham today

I'd love to see him in midfield alongside Schneiderlin, he's a very intelligent player but a centre back
The big centre forwards pick Blind, not the other way around.

The United

The big centre forwards pick Blind, not the other way around.
Actually, even so, blind generally does well against them.

Meanwhile, the likes of smalling who is big himself struggles sometimes which is funny.

Not saying blind can handle every one and smalling is shit. I am saying it is not be all end all. You need a bit of balance and common sense in football to do well generally.

Sylar

He should defo remain in the squad. And I think he should play CB against "lower" teams who will most likely park the bus against us especially at OT where we will get more possession. Otherwise I can see him rotating in DM position (esp if we play 2 holding).

ZDwyr

Decent enough performance. Except he'll be a versatile squad player next season, and a handy one at that.

Ibi Dreams

His position is one of the biggest question marks for next season I think. Over the course of the season he has done a very good job at CB overall, but you do still feel it's not his natural position and he doesn't seem like a Mourinho defender. It depends on signings, but I could see him still playing there next season. If not, I do hope he still has a place in the team and I think he can definitely play well for us in midfield. I'd hate to see him marginalised, because I think he's been one of our best players over the last two seasons

I don't know how Mourinho is going to replace him, there's no one player he could definitely bring in to slot into the CB position. I think it's more likely Jose will whip Schneiderlin into shape in the CM role. If we can find a CB with Carrick inevitably retiring Blind could move forward to play that role.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he'll settle into one of those squad player roles where he still plays almost every game, but isn't the very best in a single position. Such an intelligent player that he will be on the pitch more often then not because of the versatility and all the qualities he has.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I think he'll settle into one of those squad player roles where he still plays almost every game, but isn't the very best in a single position. Such an intelligent player that he will be on the pitch more often then not because of the versatility and all the qualities he has.
Yes.

He isn't great in exactly one position,but too good a football brain to leave out completely.

Perrick Dubois

@noodlehair definitely another pair of caked 'loons after he gave the ball to Zaha.

I for one am glad this experiment is finally at an end. There is no way a new manager coming in will play him at CB ever again without it being a last resort. It has been a horrible experience watching him this season. He's tried his best and I credit him for that.

Ixion

I think he has played more games than anyone else this season which is funny as after Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger were signed a lot of people predicted he would barely get a game.

The United

@noodlehair definitely another pair of caked 'loons after he gave the ball to Zaha.

I for one am glad this experiment is finally at an end. There is no way a new manager coming in will play him at CB ever again without it being a last resort. It has been a horrible experience watching him this season. He's tried his best and I credit him for that.
What?!

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I think he has played more games than anyone else this season which is funny as after Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger were signed a lot of people predicted he would barely get a game.
He barely got a game in the midfield, if any. That is what people predicted.

DenisIrwin

I think he did very well again in the final - especially as he, along with many others, was played out of position. Hopefully LVG goes and the new manager stops with the square pegs into round holes bs. I do hope we get to see him back in midfield next season. He has shown though that he can do a much better job filling in at CB than Carrick ever did.

The United

So what if jose keep him there next season?

Would it make blind 'good'?
or
Would it make jose 'bad'?

I am excited to find out. Dam new season can't come faster!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He was naff again yesterday. Stupid moment that should have cost us a goal, countless times he wandered off out of position and someone else had to cover. Bafflingly large number of times he got sucked into challlenging for a ball with Wickham despite having zero chance of winning it. Can someone explain what it is he actually did well?

One thing that's really started to annoy me with him is when he picks up the ball, strolls slowly about 40 yards out of position with it, then just plays a hospital pass to someone next to him. Please can someone explain to me as well what goes through his head for him to think this isn't a stupid thing to do?...because he does it multiple times a game and it achieves nothing aside from allowing the opposition to counter attack.

If he had any functioning braincells he'd actually be a really useful player...but he just chases the ball with no regard for the situation or anything else that's going on, and when he has the ball he seems to completely forget what position he's playing in and often either plays a hosptial pass or just lofts it up the pitch to no one. One of his strengths is supposedly his distribution yet he must be among the worst in our team for using the ball poorly or taking too long with it.

I know people on here like him but if I was manager the very first thing I'd do is make sure he wasn't played at centreback anymore, under pretty much any circumstance. There's definitely another case of the Kagawa/Mata effect on here where people will just invent another version of reality so they can pretend he played well. If you take him out of the team and put a competent centreback in his place this season, we'd be comfortably in the top four, and would have gotten through the CL group stages.

People that come out with crap like "He's been our best centreback this year" I dunno. They either say it because they have no idea how a game of football works, or because they think saying it makes them sound clever and like they know more about football than anyone else...probably the same people who used to keep tellling us all LVG was a tactical genius who could not be questioned.

DenisIrwin

He was naff again yesterday. Stupid moment that should have cost us a goal, countless times he wandered off out of position and someone else had to cover. Bafflingly large number of times he got sucked into challlenging for a ball with Wickham despite having zero chance of winning it. Can someone explain what it is he actually did well?

One thing that's really started to annoy me with him is when he picks up the ball, strolls slowly about 40 yards out of position with it, then just plays a hospital pass to someone next to him. Please can someone explain to me as well what goes through his head for him to think this isn't a stupid thing to do?...because he does it multiple times a game and it achieves nothing aside from allowing the opposition to counter attack.

If he had any functioning braincells he'd actually be a really useful player...but he just chases the ball with no regard for the situation or anything else that's going on, and when he has the ball he seems to completely forget what position he's playing in and often either plays a hosptial pass or just lofts it up the pitch to no one. One of his strengths is supposedly his distribution yet he must be among the worst in our team for using the ball poorly or taking too long with it.

I know people on here like him but if I was manager the very first thing I'd do is make sure he wasn't played at centreback anymore, under pretty much any circumstance. There's definitely another case of the Kagawa/Mata effect on here where people will just invent another version of reality so they can pretend he played well. If you take him out of the team and put a competent centreback in his place this season, we'd be comfortably in the top four, and would have gotten through the CL group stages.

People that come out with crap like "He's been our best centreback this year" I dunno. They either say it because they have no idea how a game of football works, or because they think saying it makes them sound clever and like they know more about football than anyone else...probably the same people who used to keep tellling us all LVG was a tactical genius who could not be questioned.
He isn't a CB but I thought he did well. Made some (3) good tackles. 83% pass completion.

prath92

It could just be that you are wrong

The United

You sure you are not just writing lots of craps so that you think saying them make you sound clever and like you know more about football than anyone else?

Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.