Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think Blind would be far suited to defending for Barca in La Liga then he would for us in the Prem.

He'd get found out in the Champions League though.

ChaddyP

Apparently I and others were mental to suggest Barcelona would be interested in him...

(Not that papers are gospel but still..)

He'd fit perfectly with them. I know he's shite, too short, too slow and Smalling (apparently) is a defensive GOD compared to him but he would.
I too was ridiculed like I was smoking Crack to even suggest he may be an asset for Barca. how dare me :lol::rolleyes:

Bwuk

Blind would be a good signing for Barca.

Strangely people on here under rate him. Barca wouldn't be interested in any of the other central defenders (Smalling, Jones, Rojo).

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Barcelona signed Vermaelen and splashed out 30 million on fecking Mathieu. Is signing Blind really that hard to imagine?

Kag

Barcelona signed Vermaelen and splashed out 30 million on fecking Mathieu. Is signing Blind really that hard to imagine?
Of course it isn't. But this is a Manchester United player here and most of our players are completely shite...

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Blind is an incredible CB and one of our best players last season, if Barcelona were to purchase him (I think this is paper BS) anything under 20 million would be an absolute bargain.

Could cover for Alba, Busquets, Mascherano whilst allowing Barca to maintain their style of play.

binary bot
Makes no sense to sell such a versatile player in a year where we'll probably clear out or look to get rid of quite a few players. Whatever you think of Blind, he's more than good enough to be a utility player in a side competing for the title.

Stacks

[QUOTE="VivaObertan, post: 19278215, member: 64609"]Blind is an incredible CB and one of our best players last season, if Barcelona were to purchase him (I think this is paper BS) anything under 20 million would be an absolute bargain.

Could cover for Alba, Busquets, Mascherano whilst allowing Barca to maintain their style of play.[/QUOTE]

he was better than shite in an awful team of underperformers who finished 5th in one of the weakest seasons in history and whose GK was POTY. He really isn't incredible at CB unless you have just been told this by friends. Our defence is so weak we must play 2 Holding midfielders even at home versus relagation threatened teams in order to protect it.

Our defence is so weak we must keep the ball for as long as possible and not try anything risky, for fear that our opponents may take the ball and do us serious harm with it(we cannot afford to play expansive).

Our defence is so weak that despite all these precautions, David De Gea still had to face more shots on goal than Joe Hart whilst Man City's defence is sited as their weakness since Kompany never plays. our defence is so weak that David De Gea faced more overall shots than Arthur Boruc and Simon Minolet, both of who played over 85% of their sides games.

Our defence is so weak that when put up against it in games where we really had to win at all costs, it often got torn to shreds and seriously exposed.

What we do have though is the undoubted best GK in the world who possesses catlike reflexes and makes strikers look like poor finishers. Every week he produces a strong of world class saves. If not for David's extraordinary abilities, we would not be F.A. cup winners, would be further down the league and could easily have conceded as much as sides in the mid-table. It is of no surprise that De Gea is the resounding POTY winner each year, as his teammates(including CB) know that he holds them up. We conceded one less goal than Leicester, a team who has none of the ball and throws bodies forward on the counter (taking risks). Despite these contrasts in play they managed to score nearly 70 goals and their defensive record matches ours. They do of course have a solid GK mind you, however I feel Blind at CB in another team would just be average.

We need an rvn

all i can say is if we bought him for £14m and he was supposedly one of our better players (not agreeing or disagreeing with it), then we shouldn't be selling him for £14m to barca. I'd happily take £20/25m and it's about time we start selling players to other clubs for the same amount we'd have to buy them for, not sell them on the cheap.

eg. Real Madrid wanted rid of Di Maria because they wanted James, so sold him for £60m. We sell him a year later to one of the richest clubs in the world for £45m. Mugs

Minimalist

all i can say is if we bought him for £14m and he was supposedly one of our better players (not agreeing or disagreeing with it), then we shouldn't be selling him for £14m to barca. I'd happily take £20/25m and it's about time we start selling players to other clubs for the same amount we'd have to buy them for, not sell them on the cheap.

eg. Real Madrid wanted rid of Di Maria because they wanted James, so sold him for £60m. We sell him a year later to one of the richest clubs in the world for £45m. Mugs
Would agree with that. I'd be annoyed if he was sold for less than £25million given the silly prices going around these days.

£30million ideally.

dichinero

I'd like him to move to Barcelona and succeed. Before the rumour came out, no one mentioned him to leave but once it came out he is immediately the scapegoat. He has hardly been a disappointment at LB or CB, makeshift positions when called upon. He had actually done well imo. If a certain Rooney plays in different positrons, it's called sacrificing for the team but when Blind does it, he is weak.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Why? Not that he's good enough but they require completely different defenders and in the league vs smaller teams he could be of great use, and he's been playing in the Barcelona style since he was a kid.
They have one of the best ball playing cbs in the world. They dont need blind for that and they don't need "a different type of defender". Barca made some weird transfer decisions in the past and they might continue to do so. It is not impossible that they sign blind. That said it would be another terrible decision, because they could easily get a stronger player.

Stacks

They have one of the best ball playing cbs in the world. They dont need blind for that and they don't need "a different type of defender". Barca made some weird transfer decisions in the past and they might continue to do so. It is not impossible that they sign blind. That said it would be another terrible decision, because they could easily get a stronger player.
Agreed.

Stactix

Rather we keep him. Very versatile player.
Pretty good aswell.
Would make an excellent squad player.
Prefer him at LB to Rojo & at CB to Jones/Rojo. Could also do a Job at DM. Feel hes very underrated, Did he not pocket Lukaku?
But according to TheUnitedstand, we should sell him as hes 'apparently' a Van Gaal loyalist?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'd like him to move to Barcelona and succeed. Before the rumour came out, no one mentioned him to leave but once it came out he is immediately the scapegoat. He has hardly been a disappointment at LB or CB, makeshift positions when called upon. He had actually done well imo. If a certain Rooney plays in different positrons, it's called sacrificing for the team but when Blind does it, he is weak.
Why would you like him to move to Barcelona?...I can guess why but don't you think Barcelona have these kind of supporters also?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
One of the better players of last season, actually has good character and showed a lot of leadership on the pitch too. Keep IMO if hes happy to be a part of the squad and not a guaranteed starter. He also didn't cost a lot and I doubt his wages are very high too.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
A bit late to party. However, it wouldn't be a terrible decision, at all. He'd fit in immediately, and could provide cover all over.

I reckon the new manager at our noisy neighbours would love Blind in his team.

Hellboy

If we sell him it will be for £14m maximum. Mark my words. I think we are the worst "elite club" at selling players.

RvP sold for less than £4m :lol: will be sold to Lazio at twice the price.

ocprodigy

I think the issue here is that everyone is forgetting where Blind should be playing.
He's meant to be a CM (well, CDM) - not a CB. He was placed there as a makeshift.
I'm personally looking forward to seeing him playing back there. He can pass, is extremely clever on the ball and works amazingly hard.

Stacks

I think the issue here is that everyone is forgetting where Blind should be playing.
He's meant to be a CM (well, CDM) - not a CB. He was placed there as a makeshift.
I'm personally looking forward to seeing him playing back there. He can pass, is extremely clever on the ball and works amazingly hard.
I remember him at CDM/CM and the issue is he isn't stand out at any aspect of the role. People suggest he is a great passer but he is no deep lying player-maker if you think about it. Think Carrick/Pirlo/Xavi Alonso (maybe it is was the system?). I just remember him being underwhelming in that role. His best passing was demonstrated at CB where you have more time to pick a pass. In the mixer, with tackles flying, he has neither the physical, tactical dribble nor speed of though to perform the DMC/CM role well enough in the premier league. Picture a very poor mans Seedorf. Also he can get walked through in midfield as well. He isn't of the level to be starting 11 of a team that wants to challenge for the title I'm afraid.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Blind is an incredible CB and one of our best players last season, if Barcelona were to purchase him (I think this is paper BS) anything under 20 million would be an absolute bargain.

Could cover for Alba, Busquets, Mascherano whilst allowing Barca to maintain their style of play.
Well "incredible" might be a bit much but he has been doing better than expected. He is a Player I would only sell in case we get all our target Players.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Interview in Voetbal International lately. Fully translated by reddit member Allard1994 and can be found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/4ncofv/daley_blind_the_hard_weeks_are_coming_now/

Talks about the Netherlands and a bit about United. This is most of the United related stuff:
During your holiday the last season will go through your mind. A hectic year full of ups and downs.

It surely was. Personally I can be satisfied. I’ve played pretty much all of the matches as a starter. Our club had a restless season. Our elimination from the Champions League in the group stage, bad performances in the league, a lot of injuries in the squad, but also a good catch-up race and Europa League, winning the FA cup in the end. The latter was luckily at the very end of the season and will probably stick with us for a while. Even though a lot of people had written us off many times we did get a trophy. For the first time in three years, and the final at Wembley was an impressive experience. I am glad I have that behind my name now and as a team it felt as a beautiful reward to the season.

In the end it did cost Louis van Gaal his job. That sacking wasn’t a surprise for anyone.

I was in Portugal with Oranje when I got the official announcement from the club that the coach had been sacked. I too follow the media, so it wasn’t a surprise for me. But at the same time it had been reported so many times, that it was the question if it was true or not. In total Van Gaal has been sacked about 80 times in the last season if I have to believe the English press. It’s not easy, for the coach himself, but also the team. Still we always blocked it, and Van Gaal enjoyed our absolute trust. He protected us as well, he took one for the team when the performance was disappointing. The fact we went on unhindered and had each other’s trust, shows itself in the FA Cup. Otherwise you don’t win a prize like that.

With José Mourinho there’s a manager with a huge reputation.

Just like Van Gaal, you can only have a lot of respect for someone like Mourinho. He won trophies everywhere and worked with the biggest players of the world. I don’t know him personally, but that will soon change when the pre-season begins. I’m looking forward to working with him.

With van Gaal you were a guaranteed starter. Are you afraid for your spot?

Not afraid, that wouldn’t be right. But it is true that every trainer comes with new ideas. But with a top club there’s only one rule and that is that you have to perform, no matter who is in front of the group. So I will just have to show it again in the pre-season.

What is your favorite position?

With Manchester United I played as a central defender, so that place feels like my natural position. I’ve enjoyed a development there to the player I am today. Besides that, it’s a huge advantage that I played left back and defending midfielder in the last few years. So it’s up to the trainer to tell me where he needs me, but if I had the choice right now I’d choose for central defender.

The shapeshifting went naturally.

In the beginning there were question marks. Ball-playing I could handle myself at center-back, but was I able to keep upright as a defender? I think that the statistics of last season proved that. Together with Chris Smalling we formed a unit that every striker had problems with. We got the most clean sheets and conceded the least amount of goals. Defending is a team-effort, but I have proven that I can stand my ground as a pure defender. I’m pretty proud of that. I’m more than just a ball-playing center back.

Will the new season be a sign of ultimate revenge for Oranje?

Absolutely. We have started a new era, but have no time to waste. Starting September we need to be in Sweden. The hunt for restoring honor. It has come alive even more in the past few weeks and it will need to be expressed on the pitch in a positive way. No one will want to relive this summer, missing the Euros. It will always be a bit of dirt on my career.

GazTheLegend

Not only Dutch media but sky sports saying he's off to Arsenal.

Think this ones smart for both clubs. Blind is the epitome of van Gaals style of football and will suit a team like Arsenal that want to play football on the deck but he was never going to be physicially imposing enough to be liked by mourinho.

rotherham_red

Would be sad if this came to pass. I like Blind and I think he would be a really good squad player for us.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Show of faith in Schneiderlein? I thought Jose would at least try Blind in midfield - worth remembering he was rather good there for Ajax and a year playing in central defense would give him some great experience in terms of understanding the DMF role in the premier league.

Very odd if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.