Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

In the first half I though he got lost in regards to the positions he should be picking up around Herrera.

Bojan11

Just put him on fecking steroids ffs. It amazes me how a professional athlete can be so slow and lack so much strength. A real shame since he would have been a brilliant CDM if he had the physical attributes.
It's nowt to do with physical. Makelele hardly looked strong.

Fact is his positioning is awful and he runs around like headless chicken.

Ban

He can be useful both at CB and LB. Would be a huge shame if Jose would sell him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
By all accounts a below average performance but what a pass for the goal, how many times did we see that last season from the likes of Carrick and Rooney? Shows what a difference a proper passer will make once Pogba comes in.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I love this guy. His pass to Mata for the goal was very good. Hope to see more of him in midfield.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's not mobile enough to work in a 2 man midfield. Noticed a few times he and Herrera were doing opposite things.

Herrera was pushing up high trying to press while blind was reluctant as he knows if they get passed him he can't chase them.

Looked much better in the 3 man midfield in 2nd half though

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
He's not a very good midfielder, in all honesty. Not everyone can be a great player. No shame in it.
He's a squad player at best, at the highest level.

Traub

Anyone else got the feeling he is going to turn into a mainstay in Jose's team? Along with Valencia, I think they're both grafters who will do whatever the manager asks. Given how Mourinho's last job ended, I have a feeling such players are going to be highly valued by Jose going forward.

ThanksBoss26

Anyone else got the feeling he is going to turn into a mainstay in Jose's team? Along with Valencia, I think they're both grafters who will do whatever the manager asks. Given how Mourinho's last job ended, I have a feeling such players are going to be highly valued by Jose going forward.
I wouldn't necessarily say team as in first 11, but certainly the squad.

I think he'll be used in defence as well rather than midfield.

ivaldo

I think Jose has really warmed to him, great news.

surf

Definitely. At worst he could be the main backup at left back and left centre back as he is better than Rojo and BoJack. Very useful player who will either be a starter or have the first choice players looking over their shoulder.

Devil may care

I am hoping that what we have seen in pre season means he's ahead of Calamity and Rojo in the CB pecking order.

Sylar

I think he will be a huge asset to play at CB against teams that will look to park the bus against us. Have him move forward into an extra midfielder type that can pass the ball. Rather he did it than Smalling anyway.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don't care where so long as he starts. He's brilliant.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Blind was great at CB last season and has looked great under Jose in pre-season but I'm still not convinced he'll be here after the transfer window closes. He just doesn't strike me as a Mourinho centre back or midfielder. I don't know maybe Jose has warmed to him. One thing is for sure though, Blind is fecking class on the ball and his passing is unreal.

He had yet another great game. Hard to see how he won't be starting CB at the season open based on this pre season.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Really, really want him to be the player Carrick rotates with in a 4-3-3, but I doubt we're going to play that way from what preseason has shown.

beergod

I think Jose has really warmed to him, great news.
I've noticed that his name left the projected departure lists soon after the Wigan match. I don't think he'll ever nail down a regular spot under Mourinho, but I'm guessing that he won't be discarded unless we get an offer good enough for him to ask to go.

Mainoldo

If he continues to progress at this rate why not captain!! The guy really has a tremendous football brain.

Obiorahking_

I'm surprised nobody talked about his game. I love how easily he can pick out an open man .

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would be a huge shame if he's sold. Has become one of my favorite players. If only he was blessed with better physique, he'd be world class, without a doubt. Immense football intelligence and technique.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
He's not leaving otherwise we would have Jones playing at CB ahead of him. He will start on Sunday.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Don't understand why we'd sell him when Rojo and Jones are still about? Very strange.

Ban

Don't understand why we'd sell him when Rojo and Jones are still about? Very strange.
Rojo is on the market too but refused to accept some offer from China and Jones might be loaned to Hull. According to Castles that is.

Womp

idiot
Rojo is on the market too but refused to accept some offer from China and Jones might be loaned to Hull. According to Castles that is.
Christ, we're going to be quite thin in the CB department. Guess we will be bringing in another CB then, unless of course Jose looks to some of our younger prospects, which I don't see happening.

Ban

Christ, we're going to be quite thin in the CB department. Guess we will be bringing in another CB then, unless of course Jose looks to some of our younger prospects, which I don't see happening.
Well we can use Tuanzebe and TFM but even then we need a new CB. But somehow I dont think we'll ship or three of them without a good replacement.

van Persie

Letting him go would be a huge mistake. One of the most underrated players there is because he doesn't fit the ideal everyone seems to have for a good defensive player in 2016 which is height, pace and built like a tank. His game inteligence is through the roof. He can actually pass the ball really, really well. He'd get a lot more recignition in Barcelona or a Pep's team.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
By all accounts a below average performance but what a pass for the goal, how many times did we see that last season from the likes of Carrick and Rooney? Shows what a difference a proper passer will make once Pogba comes in.
He could find so much joy with that pass in a Mourinho side that is leading, sitting back, with Zlatan, Martial and maybe meep meep Marcus up front. SHame he's almost guarenteed not to start. I'm thinking he could be subbed in for an attacking midfielder as a DM when we are leading in games. Would give us a lot of control and he can spray that pass from time to time with really good runners and Zlatan fecking Ibra to receive.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I don't like him as a CB at all. He's not got the requirements needed to play in that position. He can have good games where his abilities are shown.

To me he's a fullback or midfielder. I think his long ball is the best in the squad. When it comes to defending he often end up in situations only mid table defenders would end up in. A CB should be like Vidic.

ivaldo

And already shown, yet again, how positionally astute he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.