Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilev

Blind is a nice player to have because his versatility, but as a main CB he is just not reliable enough. I hope he will get more time in the DM/CM role.

Minimalist

Blind is a nice player to have because his versatility, but as a main CB he is just not reliable enough. I hope he will get more time in the DM/CM role.
Well let's just take one game at a time. He hasn't put a foot wrong today so far and has covered Bailly more than once.

Vilev

But I think mourinho still likes him at CB more than anywhere else
Well it's not like he has any real choice right now.
Smalling is out, Jones has not been playing for a long time and is not fit. So only Rojo is fully available and fit. And whatever shortcomings Blind does have as a CB, Rojo is miles worse.

Vilev

Well let's just take one game at a time. He hasn't put a foot wrong today so far and has covered Bailly more than once.
Well, one of the obvious problem is lack of height, in the team in general. I think Fellaini is playing today in part to compensate for our Valencia-Blind-Shaw defence.

prath92

Well, one of the obvious problem is lack of height, in the team in general. I think Fellaini is playing today in part to compensate for our Valencia-Blind-Shaw defence.
Shaw and Valencia are nearly 6 ft I think ? Carrick is 6 2 Bailly is the same ibra is 6 5. Herrera is almost 6 too .

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Shaw and Valencia arent short when it comes to fullbacks.

Vilev

Shaw and Valencia are nearly 6 ft I think ? Carrick is 6 2 Bailly is the same ibra is 6 5. Herrera is almost 6 too .
None of them are any good in the air. Maybe Ibra, i just don't know how he is on defensive set pieces. And Bailly of course, i don't how he is, but he must be good if he is to make it in PL.
I as wrong to write "height", what i should have wrote is "aerial ability" or something.

ChaddyP

I actualy think he is Probably our best CB at the moment. Not sure if thats good or bad

Tiber

Blind is a much better cb than I give him credit for.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Blind is a much better cb than I give him credit for.
He is a much better defender than I have previously given him credit for.

(please let this not be a jinx)
He's been consistently good for a long while. He's a calming presence back there.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I actualy think he is Probably our best CB at the moment. Not sure if thats good or bad
He's been our best CB for a long time. Since mid February. Smallings form dipped in the new year.

ChaddyP

He's been our best CB for a long time. Since mid February. Smallings form dipped in the new year.
I wanted to say that but its like whe i say Valencia is an excellent right back. The consensus on here will eat you alive

bleedred

He is the natural replacement for carrick in the squad.

He has fitted in at centre back because of his footballing intelligence and positional skills, which could be put to better use in a carrick type role

Jagga7

He's brilliant. Plays football with his intelligence rather than physical attributes.

Minimalist

He is the natural replacement for carrick in the squad.

He has fitted in at centre back because of his footballing intelligence and positional skills, which could be put to better use in a carrick type role
Apparently he can't...for some reason. Right now Carrick does feck all and you're right, Blind would be a massive improvement in that position.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
My MOM today. Was pleased he put in a good performance. Surely Jose can't sideline him if he continues like this?

SoCross

A really good player to have in the squad. He should rightfully start as first choice CB.

Carolina Red

Staff
Blind had a solid game partnering with Bailly. I think he will rotate through and be a good squad player for us this season. Seems to have adapted to the CB position well enough.

El Jefe

This guy really doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's a class act.

Ixion

Last pre-season people predicted he'd barely get a game and he played more games than anyone, as soon as Jose was confirmed Blind was reported to be off but once again he'll prove what a good player he is to have in the squad.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Solid performance and if he can still play well as a DM, he surely has a place in the team

Yagami

Good post resistant
Brilliant. Again. Hope to see more of him in midfield this season, though.

Kostur

海尔的老板
His performance might be overshadowed by Bailly's dominance today but he was very, very good. Asserted, astute in passing, good reading of the game.

RaptorSlo

Strange how Baily was rated much higher than Blind, when Baily made plenty of errors and given away needless fouls on the edge of the box.

AndyJ1985

He's a capable defender but not first choice for me; that'd be Bailly and Smalling. But it's reassuring to know we have backup like Blind, plus he's a useful utility player. I know Mourinho isn't a fan of utility players but Ferguson had a few during his time and they served him well. Blind is certainly worth keeping in the squad.

Truedevil

He's quality no question. Too bad one of Smalling, Blind and Bailly will have to be benched, all three of them deserve a starting spot.

Raw

He's quality no question. Too bad one of Smalling, Blind and Bailly will have to be benched, all three of them deserve a starting spot.
It's nice to have some options at CB for a change, instead of shitting it if one of Smalling/Blind gets injured.

Still feel we need 1 more backup CB, but if Mourinho trusts Rojo and Jones then so be it.

Last edited:

Truedevil

It's nice to have some options at CB for a change, instead of shitting it if one of Smalling/Blind gets injured.

Still feel we need 1 more backup CB, but if Moyes trusts Rojo and Jones then so be it.
:eek:

Devil may care

Classy and composed performance, I never thought Jose would use him as a CB but I'm glad he prefers him to Jones and Rojo.

Walters_19_MuFc

Performances continue to go under the radar, because people, including myself, tend to focus on the gritty stuff, rather than the positioning and calmness on the ball. Thought he was excellent, as usual, and in my opinion, he needs to start. He will be Mourinho's Carvalho.

Got a 7 today, which is what I give Bailly.

Status
Not open for further replies.