Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirMattBugsby

He is also quite useful in building up play from the back which is essential in Carrick's absence (needs rest can't be playing 2 games in 4 days at his age) and I agree that with the team in.this state we need the security of a back 3. We need to alter our tactics now that Zlatan is out long term.
How are we going to play back 3 with most of our CBs injured? Don't think we need the extra security as well. Defence hasn't been a problem for us.

Agree about Blind though and his importance in Carrick's absence. My feeling is Blind and Darmian should play together on the left side of defence as they complement each other's qualities. Blind and Shaw is asking for trouble but might work against teams like Burnley.

itso 7

How are we going to play back 3 with most of our CBs injured? Don't think we need the extra security as well. Defence hasn't been a problem for us.

Agree about Blind though and his importance in Carrick's absence. My feeling is Blind and Darmian should play together on the left side of defence as they complement each other's qualities. Blind and Shaw is asking for trouble but might work against teams like Burnley.
The defence hasn't been a problem because of the individual quality that has been present which has now been significantly downgraded because of injuries so its wise anticipate that problems will arise particularly against teams like Burnley who look to play on break and utilize hoof ball which will expose Blind and Bailly, who aren't the strongest in the air. I think we have just about enough numbers as TFM, Darmian, Tuanzebe and Carrick can play there in addition to Blind and Bailly but I doubt that the quality is there to make up a solid back four over 90 minutes of premier league football.

prath92

He has proven competent at CB before, he started the season with Baily well enough he just hasn't played there for ages and I doubt he has been training there either but suddenly got thrown into a match there and needed the first half to settle. He can do a decent job.
Anyone with brains can see that this is exactly what's happened. But of course, at least it gave guys like @Bojan11 a chance to finally post in this thread complaining

Bojan11

Anyone with brains can see that this is exactly what's happened. But of course, at least it gave guys like @Bojan11 a chance to finally post in this thread complaining
Oh look it's Pratt82.

Are you going to go all whoscored on me again?

Fact is our current manager not the last delusional manager does not rate Blind as CB. He is even praying that Jones and Smalling come back half fit, which shows how much he does not want to play Blind as CB. I mean Castles is even saying he is considering Darmian and Fellaini there.

prath92

Oh look it's Pratt82.

Are you going to go all whoscored on me again?

Fact is our current manager not the last delusional manager does not rate Blind as CB. He is even praying that Jones and Smalling come back half fit, which shows how much he does not want to play Blind as CB. I mean Castles is even saying he is considering Darmian and Fellaini there.
Only if you go back to all your stupid posts about how he has been leaking goals whenever he plays nonsense.

Lol all that is castles' own creation obviously. Mourinho might give him tidbits like who is injured or who isn't but do you actually think he is going to tell him his plan of using players at CB? :lol: you are worse than I thought.

Burnley 0:2 Man Utd

Zoo

Good half from Blind. He made some important interventions at the back and used the ball well.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Looks better than against Anderlecht because Mourinho's set up the team to cover his deficiencies. Burnley are still targeting his side though..

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looks better than against Anderlecht because Mourinho's set up the team to cover his deficiencies. Burnley are still targeting his side though..
He was perfectly fine against Anderlecht except the first few minutes. He came into a makeshift defense midway through a game to play CB for the first time on about 6 months. Was it really any wonder.

He's up against Gray, a physical player we are told Blind will really struggle against. Yet again he's coming out on top.

Seanus

Always said he has composure, can pick a pass, makes it even more of a mystery why he hasn't been tried in the Carrick role at least once or twice.

Bwuk

Class so far. I always said he was a much better player than given credit for, and that he was better than Smalling was.

Happy to have Blind as third choice behind Rojo and Bailly.

Minimalist

Excellent I thought. I like seeing cool customers like him and Martial in the side. Brings a little bit of composure to things and Bailly was a rock alongside him.

shabz

His interceptions and passing was the perfect accompaniment to Bailly today. Really pleased with it.

el3mel

Not a bad game from him. His only problem is that you see him playing a very good game then makes a mistake that erases all his work due to losing concentration. But other than this solid performance.

kundalini

There were a few moments when they tried to exploit his weaknesses but didn't quite have the quality. Blind played well overall.

Ixion

He is a decent option at CB, I doubt he has trained playing there at all for months so it's not surprising he was a little rusty when he came on against Anderlect. He can be a solid option for us, life saver at the moment because of the injuries really.

Kazi

I trust Daley. Sure, he'll get skinned from time to time, but he's usually ahead of the game.

Fracture90

Got bullied by Gray in couple of occasions but other than that, did his job.

He can do the job in a game or two when called upon, but prolonged usage of Blind as CB makes me nervous.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm not actually worried about Blind at CB, he was one of our best performers last season in that position

Home&Away

I'm not actually worried about Blind at CB, he was one of our best performers last season in that position
I'm not sure how he would work with bailey because the lad is composed himself - but I have always thought Smallings performances last year was due to blind. Blind addressed Smalling weaknesses like ying and yang.

I would be really disappointed if Blind was sold just because he isn't deemed to be the typical Jose CB. He gives us something different that the likes of Smalling and Jones simply don't. If he was trusted to be our 4th Cb - we would see much better performances in that area & you compare him to other teams 4th CB - it's clear he is miles ahead. The problem at CB is not Blind but some of the defenders who are deemed to be above him - are simply not all the much better and should be replaced.

Blind has the ability to play 3 positions and consistently put out a 7 out of 10 performance- whilst Jones and Smalling take a time between their monthly 9/10 performance.

Just my opinion.

SirMattBugsby

playing Felliani in front of the back 4 helps on the physicality side ...
Fellaini was there to mark Barnes out of the game and that worked well. Mourinho really does his homework.
Spot on. Blind and Fellaini are polar opposites but together make a great unit. In fact, add one more to these two: Darmian. His positioning and recovery complements Blind's qualities very well.

Of course, the fact that two players are needed to complement Blind means it is difficult for him to be a first-team player. But it also means he plus Fellaini and Darmian can be valuable squad players.

Chose him MOTM by the way. Blind love :)

spiriticon

When Smalling comes back, reunite the Smalling-Blind partnership. They were pretty good last season.

Sylar

Im still a bit worried about him at CB for some of the bigger games. I think hes great for games like these. But it will be interesting to see how he plays against City cos the home game is where he was left exposed (although again, in that match, we were better once Herrera came on).
Hopefully we do play 433 to offer him (and our defence as a whole) more protection for that and the EL games.

Web of Bissaka

Wow. Good performance last game. Fair combination with Bailly. Fellaini helps mitigate their limitations a lot too.

Still, Daley Blind's composure and long passing is really a dangerous weapon to have :devil: perfect for counter attacks.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Today was a good reminder again that when it comes to football intellect Blind is far and away our best player. Not the strongest, and not the fastest but makes up for it 9/10 with excellent positioning and timing. Also, no one delivers a long ball better than Daley on this team. A joy to watch most of the time. Understand why Mou doesn't start him often but he is key to our squad depth.

prath92

Today was a good reminder again that when it comes to football intellect Blind is far and away our best player. Not the strongest, and not the fastest but makes up for it 9/10 with excellent positioning and timing. Also, no one delivers a long ball better than Daley on this team. A joy to watch most of the time. Understand why Mou doesn't start him often but he is key to our squad depth.
But his positioning is garbage according to some posted on here

Ashley R1+O

Thought he was quite good today. Really bounced back from that rusty chopper-in against Anderlecht. I spotted the Fellaini-Blind combination play as well and that was excellent. Nothing wrong with sticking by your man and doing a job for each other. We need to see more of that going forward. Kudos to Blind, onwards and upwards.

AgentP

The City game has to be the most ideal game for Blind. He will not need to win too many headers or face a physical striker. Being a good passer and calm under pressure will help him in handling City's high press.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The City game has to be the most ideal game for Blind. He will not need to win too many headers or face a physical striker. Being a good passer and calm under pressure will help him in handling City's high press.
He had one of his worst game against City this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.