Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Bu.. but he makes a mistake every game.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Blind is an organisational nightmare; he operates on his own defensive line. Against certain players he drops a few yards deeper, on other players he anticipates their movements and gets close to them.

He gets away with playing at centre back because he is good at reading the game. But as we saw against Anderlecht his habits can backfire.

I have no problem with him getting regular games at centre back and left back because he offers a lot of good qualities. But Rojo is a better left-sided centre back.

wc18

Such a classy footballer, love watching him play. Understands and reads the game so well.
Great signing hope he gets a new deal

prath92

Blind is an organisational nightmare; he operates on his own defensive line. Against certain players he drops a few yards deeper, on other players he anticipates their movements and gets close to them.

He gets away with playing at centre back because he is good at reading the game. But as we saw against Anderlecht his habits can backfire.

I have no problem with him getting regular games at centre back and left back because he offers a lot of good qualities. But Rojo is a better left-sided centre back.
Or it can work like we saw for Jesus' goal?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Make him third choice CB! It's not like he won't get many, many games in that role.

ZAGREB RED

Thought he was our best defender. That would be a joke if he got purchased by a club like Barca and Fellaini stays. :houllier:
This. In a nutshell. My problem with Fellaini is what does he actually bring to the team in a positive sense ? Blind is a valuable player to have around, United would miss him far more than Fellaini.

roykeane19

Intelligent and classy footballer. Have people forgot when he played as a CB most of last season under LVG, and we had one of the best defensive records

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Or it can work like we saw for Jesus' goal?
That is what i said, his reading of the game means he can get away with erratic movement. Blind is not predictable as a defender which makes organisation at the back more difficult. But he is still a solid defender so he is valuable to the team. Rojo is always organizing the defense which is why I prefer him.

As far as i'm concerned Blind has proven himself, unlike smalling who has been hit and miss. Rojo, Bailly and Blind are all well rounded, unlike smalling who seems to be scared of the ball. Im glad we have Blind because Rojo is out for a long time. If he partners Bailly as our main CB partnership i dont have a problem.

I think our best defender is Bailly. Rojo can lose his head out of nowhere and Blind lacks physicality so they are not as good.

Home&Away

For the people who say he isn't good at CB - why would he not be good in midfield? The first season we could barely hold possesion- things have improved with that regards.

Even for some idiotic reason he will be sold - even to a rival; I have to admit - I get some real enjoyment from watching him play. Brings a an attacking flair to the defensive areas - should be perfect for counter attacks.

ivaldo

Performances like this just go to show how harsh his critics are. On a level about Jones and Smalling right now.

Sylar

I actually think European games will suit him as CB, especially next to Bailly (and with the three man midfield).
You cant see many teams abroad trying to exploit him aerially (well the two potential remaining games we have left).

Stringer

He's had a few games like this before. Needs to waken up and stop taking chances.

Rossa

I thought he was pretty good the last couple of games, but today he is having a shocker. He's created more chances for Celta than any of the Celta players.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He's having a mare and on a yellow thanks to a pogba hospital pass, get him off for Jones.

Manny

Grammar Police
Been caught a few times. The first 20 mins was majorly shaky and now he's on yellow

ivaldo

Bad day at the office.

Got short changed with a couple or hospital passes but he needs to just launch it instead or playing it out in those circumstances.

Rossa

He's having a mare and on a yellow thanks to a pogba hospital pass, get him off for Jones.
He's just to slow. That pass from Romero, every other player would easily reach it except for Blind,and then he doesn't have the defending skills to make up for it. Some misplaced passes, but some good ones too.

klayton88

Looks the weak link at the back right now but his vision passing out from the back is amazing. Never just hoofs it.

izec

Surely we can get a good passer who is actually a good defender too with a bit of pace? Blind is slow and defensively clumsy at times, like today. Really not more than a utility player

prath92

Surely we can get a good passer who is actually a good defender too with a bit of pace? Blind is slow and defensively clumsy at times, like today. Really not more than a utility player
If that was as easy as you say, there wouldn't be a 50m transfer for stones

Kearnkoff69

He's been very lucky that Jones/Smalling are coming back from injury, otherwise he wouldn't get a sniff of first team action. As crazy as it sounds, and as against the transfer as I was last summer, I can see why Jose was pushing for Fonte. A steady, veteran centre half to fill in for the next couple of years would have eased a lot of stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.