FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Daley Blind
Mar 9, 1990 (27)
Amsterdam

1.80 m

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Good versatile player with an admirable mentality. He deserves to play as a starter at other clubs but if he's happy with his current role at Utd he'll be a good option.

AshRK

Love him. Top professional and very underrated. It's good to have pogbas , lukakus but I always love players like blind, Carrick.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
would love to see him get some games as a defensive midfielder this season, think he had that one bac game aganist everton a few years back and that has tainited him for liev, thought he was pretty decent before that.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Very intelligent player.

To compete for all competitions it's about having a strong squad and Blind is a very good squad player. He's another trusty player we can call upon when needed.

Kostov

Great player and an option to have. I'd play him in midfield i do think he could prove to be decent DMF. Altogether a great guy and professional is our Blind.

keener

I agree with all the above. I too would like to see him get a spell in the midfield IF we don't bring in another DMF. I think he could really grow into that role but I do NOT think that's going to happen under Jose.

Also, he looked so great with Bailly last season at CB.

Rossa

For all this talk of Blind's versatility, today when Herrera went off injured, Mourinho brought on McTominay and kept Blind at lb. Blind doesn't seem to be an option as cdm at all. He isn't a good enough lb and not considered good enough as a cb. Far from being versatile in our team.

Sylar

Last time he played CM was with LVG during the 442 diamond phase I believe. Hes been mostly used as LB and CB since.

Wayne's World

Don't trust him at LB at all. We really need to strengthen because it's becoming a problem for us unless Shaw keeps fit/gets back to good form

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Blind at left back is a disaster waiting to happen against any competent Premier League winger.

el3mel

I'm convinced.

This guy should never play elsewhere except a second choice CB. Please keep him away from LB as much as possible.

TehRed

I don't get why he's not getting a chance at DM considering he won the POTY award at Ajax playing there. His lack of pace gets too frequently exposed when playing at left back, although he is decent going forward with his passing range. If Darmian and Shaw are going to be preferred to him at left back, and with us being well stocked at centre back, we either need to give him games in midfield or consider selling him. And I really don't want us to sell him, because he's a very useful player to have, but with Shaw returning to fitness in September and Rojo in December or January, maybe he could be sold in January? He would surely be down the pecking order by then.

Home&Away

Our ideal CB in the middle of a 352. Added to lindelof'wavy performances - I think a 352 with blind in between lindelof & Bailey would be great.

Home&Away

For all this talk of Blind's versatility, today when Herrera went off injured, Mourinho brought on McTominay and kept Blind at lb. Blind doesn't seem to be an option as cdm at all. He isn't a good enough lb and not considered good enough as a cb. Far from being versatile in our team.
That may be true on paper but every time he has played when needed we have ended up winning trophies too at a time it matters most. As long as he does that - thing he is more than fine here - although I'd love to see him in a 352 in the middle of defence bringing the ball up towards the midfield

LB is the worst of his positions. He's our second best LCB and should be getting games there, and we should at least try him at DM.

Acole9

Outstanding
Not a bad penalty, straight down the middle. Unless we play 3-5-2 I'm not sure how often he's going to play unless we get injuries.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
His passing has been shocking to be fair. He must have given it away 5-6 times in 35 mins.

Obiorahking_

This is easily the worst I've seen him at LB. A true monstrosity on both ends of the pitch

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Awful on the ball so far tonight. We're in trouble if we're ever relying on him at left back.
I think we're in trouble if we're relying so much on a full back to provide the final ball. Only Marcelo and Dani Alves can be trusted to do that consistently.

peanuthead

He was poor against Real and and he's poor again tonight. You would think for somebody who's good on the ball he'd be able to handle the pressure of Barca's pressing. I hope he gets hook at halftime.

Zoo

LB is his weakest position he is no more average there. He is much better centrally.

Sylar

The idea that he's an amazing passer of the ball for a defender is a complete myth.
If hes colour blind like me, it would make sense why hes confused at who hes meant to pass to.

Im being half serious. Kinda...:nervous:

el3mel

He's even worse than his usual himself. He wasn't setting the world on fire when playing in this position the last 3 seasons but he was also better than this. This preseason he couldn't even handle making a simple pass never mind a cross. Really really strange performance drop from him.

RikRuud

He's even worse than his usual himself. He wasn't setting the world on fire when playing in this position the last 3 seasons but he was also better than this. This preseason he couldn't even handle making a simple pass never mind a cross. Really really stranger performance drop from him.
I agree that he had a mare today. Nothing was coming off for him and it was very frustrating to watch. Hopefully see him at LCB before LB next time but we are short in that position due to injuries.

ti vu

Not getting too much into pre season, but it's clear his passing style is preferred in a possession based system or when we can dominate the ball. Against team who press well, he doesn't think quick enough, leading to his passing being read easily. He's good defender but here against the top top players, clearly he's out of depth unsurprisingly. The glaring flaw that often being neglected that when he has acres of space to attack, he's too slow thus limited that he wasted the chance with shite crossing. Darmian may look worse going forward, but he works as unit defensively better, & doesn't expose himself going forward like Blind. The goal today was a turning point from our failed attack with Blind leading to us being light at the back (other errors happened, not just Blind). In that situation, rather either play safe or take advantage of the space, than playing a bad ball like Blind did.

Godfather

Our left back position is giving me nightmares. I pray to god Shaw for once can stay fit. Blind is not a left back and will never be.

pascell

I know it's only one game out of pre season but imagine if he had that sloppy of a game in the CDM role like a few people on here wanted him to play.

He'll be fine at LB but shouldn't be anywhere near our midfield positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.