Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 2:0 Derby

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mourinho should use him way more. He's not very good in midfield but class as part of a back 3 and can be very useful at left back, left wing back or center back when needed. Always liked him, though hes definitely someone way more suited to any possession oriented manager then a counter attacking one. Knows how and when to press really well, can read the game brilliantly and plays it out of the back brilliantly.

RedDevil@84

Di Marzio:
Daley Blind has given his ok for the transfer to AS Roma. Talks now going on between Roma and Utd

RedDevil@84

In my opinion, he should not be wasting his best years here. He is definitely start worthy for many teams. He will never be a regular in Utd

Castia

Meh im up for selling him but just how much are Roma able to pay? my guess is not much.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
According to di marzio he might leave in January.

Greck

Shaw's reemergence must have made this decision an easy one for Jose. Good business selling him as there are no longer any easy games to get him minutes

J_Red 11

He won't play a lot of minutes for the rest of this season now that both Young and Shaw are ahead of him in Mourinho's left back choice. Both Rojo & Lindelof are also ahead of him in Mourinho's centre back choice. He was never a Mourinho's type of defender, he's a good player but his performance so far this season don't make me think it'll be big loss. If he leaves, CBJ will take his spot, let's cash in if the offer is good enough.

NoPace

In my opinion, he should not be wasting his best years here. He is definitely start worthy for many teams. He will never be a regular in Utd
Yeah. I could see him being great as the LCB in a back 3 in Serie A if that's how Roma play. And he's definitely good enough to be the 2nd choice LB, DM and LCB for a lot of teams that are just a hair below our level.

Dante

Average bang
He was overrated by the Barca-fetishists because he's slow and weak. Never really good enough for United, unfortunately.

RedDevil@84

He was overrated by the Barca-fetishists because he's slow and weak. Never really good enough for United, unfortunately.
While I agree that he has been overrated by some of the people, I don't think he is way below the rest of the lot. Maybe just not the player we want in our team now.

Jaybomb

He would get into Barca’s squad. He’s an intelligent player but ultimately not a “United” player. He lacks the intensity and aggression.

buckooo1978

decent player but with Shaw/Young and probably another in the Summer it's perhaps time for him to move on..... he's 18 months left since we activated the extension so I reckon we will get about 12-15 million if he moves

Yagami

Good post resistant
Damn.
He was overrated because he's slow and weak? Surely you mean he was overrated because he was good with the ball? Either way, I respectfully disagree that he was overrated.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Shaw's reemergence must have made this decision an easy one for Jose. Good business selling him as there are no longer any easy games to get him minutes
he's been a decent squad player and won me over but yeah at LB, there is Young and Shaw, if both stay fit and in form they could play one long season just rotating and Rojo can play there too if things get worse, with J. Riley/D. Mitchell given a chance there and we still have CBJ.

He doesn't seem to be Mourinho's CB and we have quite many and Jose doesn't like to rotate them much and will want to develop Lindelof, Bailly's soon back and Jones with Smalling have been great this year, Tuanzebe coming stronger next season.

And he never was a Mou's midfielder either, we have other options there and will definitely buy one good one in the summer.

SO his squad role is questionable now and it is basically a goodbye shame because Darmian absolute dross of a player will survive longer than Blind but I guess his limited gametime can go to some of the youngsters/ other players

The onyl chance for him would be playing 3 at the back but we dont seem to use that system very often..

kundalini

whats the fee being touted?
Roma want loan with option to buy according to the dutch press.

Looks as though they are after cover for Kolarov, who has 2 goals and 6 assists in Serie A this season and 1 goal + 2 assists in the Champions League. Kolarov's deal is until 2020.

Seems a weird move if Blind is looking for regular starts. Several articles over the last 12 months have indicated that Blind would only stay at United if getting lots of playing time. Of course Blind can play several different roles but Roma don't appear to have vacancies in central defence or defensive midfield.

I expect him to leave, either now or in the summer, but to a club where he would expect to start.

Last edited:

Gbenger

It's really shameful that he has to leave the club before Darmian. I don't mind Blind as a squad player but I would hold it against him if he chooses to leave.

Please just sell Darmian FFS.

kundalini

Never really good enough for United, unfortunately.
Daley Blind is easily good enough for a team that finishes 4th, 5th and 6th in the PL. If we want to challenge for the title then his lack of pace is problematic, though we could probably cope if we weren't already carrying several stationary players. Between them, Moyes, LVG and Mourinho have bought an astonishing number of players that lack pace.

ChaddyP

Roma want loan with option to buy.

Looks as though they are after cover for Kolarov, who has 2 goals and 6 assists in Serie A this season and 1 goal + 2 assists in the Champions League. Kolarov's deal is until 2020.

Seems a weird move if Blind is looking for regular starts. Several articles over the last 12 months have indicated that Blind would only stay at United if getting lots of playing time. Of course Blind can play several different roles but Roma don't appear to have vacancies in central defence or defensive midfield.

I expect him to leave, either now or in the summer, but to a club where he would expect to start.
Interesting. I honestly thought he would have been sold to Barça eventually though

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This guy has disappeared. Couldn't find any news on him being injured or anything like that. Off in the summer for certain it seems.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Should have left in January. Sad to see him go but it's clear he won't get regular game time at United henceforth.

el3mel

With Shaw regaining form he's pretty much useless. 6th choice CB and 3rd choice LB. Nice guy but he has no more roles to play here. Him and Darmian should leave in summer.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Good player, I wonder if he could have offered us something in a 3 man midfield as Matic backup

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Will likely leave in the summer - and to be fair, it would be the best outcome for everyone concerned. Blind can be a good starter at sub-elite clubs - which is probably better than being an afterthought in José's grander plans. Speaking of, we should try to squeeze Ünder in any potential Blind to Roma deal, methinks. They'll likely ask for way more than just Blind, if they decide to even sell Cengiz after just one season, that is - but the inclusion of Blind might give us a tad bit more leverage in negotiations. The right side of our attack is a revolving door, and someone with Ünder's skill set could remedy that considering he bears favorable comparisons to the likes of Dybala or Bernardo from an aesthetic standpoint. Far from the finished product, but adding a burgeoning prospect (who still under-the-radar) in a position of need in a perpetually inflating market would be prudent because Martial and Rashford just aren't natural right sided attackers.

haram

Part of the Van Gaal group that isn’t good enough. Him and Darmian off in the summer and Mourinho can finally bring in a fullback of his own.

Loublaze

ATLien
Part of the Van Gaal group that isn’t good enough. Him and Darmian off in the summer and Mourinho can finally bring in a fullback of his own.
He's still a better CB than Lindelof and that's not his natural position. Mourinho has been harsh with him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah he needs to leave. Good player who I expect to do well if he makes the right move.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Danny Blind did say that he wanted to move in Jan, but United wanted to hold him considering the CL games and other competitions coming thick and fast. He's a great option to have and will definitely move in the summer and should fetch us a good price. Although United have always been good to players who have stood by the club. I expect them to sell Blind for a reasonable fee which would increase Blind's options as long as it's not some serious challenger in the EPL and would result in augmenting his salary.

manunited1919

Why not slot him into left midfield, as part of a midfield 3 with Pogba the most advanced and playing centrally?

SATA

I think he should be treated better. He was a mainstay in our defence in the Europa League last season and played a part in us winning it. Don't want him to leave when he can be very useful to us and doesn't really moan when not playing regularly

Roboc7

Why not slot him into left midfield, as part of a midfield 3 with Pogba the most advanced and playing centrally?
His performance against Bristol City in midfield was embarrassing so I think that ended any chance of Mourinho seeing him as a midfielder.

manunited1919

His performance against Bristol City in midfield was embarrassing so I think that ended any chance of Mourinho seeing him as a midfielder.
Well, we don’t have many choices in midfield with Herrera & Fellaini injured. Blind could play left, Matic right, and Pogba central. Blind is good at recovering the ball further up the pitch, a good passer of the ball, and can pass. He could be a solution to the issues we have right now.

Roboc7

Well, we don’t have many choices in midfield with Herrera & Fellaini injured. Blind could play left, Matic right, and Pogba central. Blind is good at recovering the ball further up the pitch, a good passer of the ball, and can pass. He could be a solution to the issues we have right now.
No we don’t and he might end up having to play there but I think it’s understandable he is seen as last option in midfield.

He doesn’t understand the position well enough which leads to hi making poor decisions trying to win the ball and his lack of pace and physicality result in him being by passed and unable to recover.

The last thing we need alongside pogba and matic is someone like that, McTominay is very limited but he does the running and work that pogba and matic can’t/won’t do.

Status
Not open for further replies.